Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The TWP, its possible return, and you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nazralte
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as Rosar said. Im gonna keep it as simple as I can, while trying to have a rule or guideline for almost all scenerios.

Give me another day or so to get the boards up and ready. Well, they are up now, but I want to get the rules as they are now posted with some visual aids.

Nazralte
Former Regent of Britannia
Aerilyn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosar Solun wrote:
Aerilyn wrote:
This is getting a bit complicated.

The discussion or the project? It doesn't sound like Naz has committed to any suggestions that would complicate the original proposal.

A bit of both. Most of these are good suggestions, and would work well with the TWP [In my opinion.]. But if all of them are accepted and used, then it will become how it used to be. Too many rules and regulations to be likeable. That's just my opinion. Others' vary, I'm sure.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of all this. It would be nice to have the maps back up, but seeing as how there are 'two' communities that are equal in illegitimacy, and the diminishing amount of... Power RP, maybe it would be wrong to start placing down catch all rules on the community.

Some guilds are formerly large guilds that have hit a rough spot on recruitment and retention recently, but still maintain a substantial land claim. I personally believe these organizations should be given the benefit of the doubt considering the HUGE RP drought we all just went through.(OES, maybe the Legion at one point, H*G? Don't know their recruitment status now)

Other guilds are larger/smaller/the same and lay claim to nothing, or next to nothing. While we should encourage these guilds to RP as they wish, and to flex their muscles IG, we also cannot encourage these guilds to simple "Take what they want, right now, when they want it, because they can!" Land wars, and taking of land should and will be continued to be handled by involved parties. (Guilds like these would be... I dunno. The Druids? This category is relatively small because everyone and their Aunt Sally's gerbil has a land claim about now)

The third category of participants in this "Plan" would be the PvPTwinks. These people can't RP, came in for the RP, and due to either the apathy or connivance of certain elements in our "communities" remain amongst us. While common sense would see them ostracised immediately, they seem to have taken advantage of the dirth of this common sense and staken their claim amidst legitimate RPers. Don't involve them. (This might involve... I dunno Malo and his goons when they barged onto the old boards and demanded a large amount of land while they weren't even an RP guild)

Overall... maybe we aren't as a community ready for this plan to be implemented on a LARGE scale, though as mature adults, active GMs should gather and arrange some new maps and during wars use the recommended "guidelines".

Overall:
Broad rules = Bad in a time of major change

Edit:
Spelling mistakes. So sorry.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic locked/closed by request.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: