Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

An old idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Aeloth Nazduin
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:58 pm Post subject: An old idea Reply with quote

Let it be known that Beleth posted this idea a while back, I just felt that it was good enough to be brought back to everyone's attention again. All credit for the idea goes to him.

Before reading, just know that with these rules I think roleplayed warfare can be made funner for everyone involved.

Atlantic Roleplay Community War Rules

1. Always roleplay before attacking.
-If you are trying to provoke a fight, do not get mad if you are jumped by several people.
-Give a person a chance to yield, this of course is at your discretion but it makes for a better roleplay environment. Obviously this will not always occur, but it is a common courtesy that should be offered whenever possible.

2. Raids do not need to be announced.
-A raid occurs to give the attacker the advantage, if it is announced that is taken away.
-If a raid is made on guild A by guild B, guild A has the right to counter-attack on guild B at any time he chooses.
-If this rule is abused, the guild masters of both guilds involved should speak to try to find away to make the war and raids more enjoyable for both sides.

3. All members of a guild should be on one guild stone or be willing to war with all stones.
-No one should be considered invulnerable. Anyone with the title citizen would be given the option to flee if a battle occurred, but should still be able to be acted against if they choose to not give a guild the respect it is due.

4. All guilds in the community should be warred to all other guilds.
-This allows for a more realistic roleplay environment. If anyone is invulnerable from anyone else people can godmode roleplay in Trammel.
-The community as a hole will have to help solve problems if the occur between one guild and another if this rule is added and FORCES everyone to work together and helps prevent people from being outcasted.

5. Guild Colors:
-Every guild should have two specific colors that each member wears atleast one of. This is to help prevent confusion during battles.

6. If you do not wish to fight be prepared to leave.
-This is how it should be, if a Blacksmith is going to be attacked he would be given the opportunity to leave or be slaughtered. This Blacksmith would then either join a guild that can protect him (thus making the community band together against evil) or hire Mercs to protect him.
-If you are killed you will not be looted… so at most you lose fame and insurance gold (not necessary if you are in Tram really), so this should not matter. Also ANY good guild should be willing to protect you… Noble paladins would not allow an evil murderer to go free.

7. ANYTHING GOES IN ALL BATTLES
-Why should someone be restricted in what they would use in a battle?
-A tamer at most can use one dragon and one nightmare at a time, if a guild has members that are able to wield these things, why should they be denied use of one of their skills?
-This may not be liked by some people, but it makes things fairer. If a tamer cannot use a pet, why can a swordsman use his sword? When now and days a swordsman can become harder to kill then any dragon.

8. Have fun.
-If battles are not your thing, you can avoid them… but if your land is threatened and you choose not to defend it, do not expect to keep it. NO ONE CAN SAY WE CLAIM THIS LAND IT IS OURS AND YOU CAN NEVER TAKE IT FROM US. If you do this you sound like you are three years old and someone asked to borrow some of your lego blocks and if they touch them even though your not using them you will tell your mom.

-If you take someones land and do not use it or defend it, expect it to be taken back. THE POINT in taking land is to USE IT. The recent battle for Serpents Hold is the worst case of this. I watched from the sidelines the battles and heard about the problems backstage, but after each battle I NEVER SEE ANYONE IN SERPENTS HOLD. Why bother defending something you just put on the shelf for safe keeping? If an evil guild tries to take it and WANT to USE it why stop them? Fight them for it once they have done what they wanted to do with it so roleplaying occurs. Do not stop them from taking it just so you can say “I own is, I am King/Regent/Queen/Prince/Duke/Baron of it and it is mine” when someone wanted to start a town council there.

-There are so many underused cities in Britannia on our Shard that cannot be touched because people of the past or even present claimed them but do nothing for them. I can cite examples in another post if people wish it but this is here to try to HELP the community push through the rough times it is having and make warring a fun thing. If you are assassinated roleplay trying to find out who did it, don’t just say you saw there guild tags once a guildmate comes and resses you, when you die you should pretend to loose partial memory so that assassinations are fun. Your character may not like dying but if some guild is good enough that they can have you killed when no witnesses are around, you should not spoil that just so you can seek vengeance quicker. Anything that happens in Britannia is an opportunity for new storylines or roleplay to happen… If you are a bad guy and are seen killing someone, expect either execution when you are captured or imprisonment. You cannot always expect to get away, if you are of the mentality that “I have a runebook with a recall charge, so I will use it and escape” you are just ruining everyones fun.

9. Last rule I promise – Imprisonment:
- Imprisonment occurs if you are captured alive and that is your sentence for the crime you have committed by the guild that captures you. If you are captured you cannot use your character for 7 real life days MAXIMUM PENALTY, and if you do you are in the enemies’ prison. A time can be scheduled once each day for your guild to try to break you out. You cannot escape by any magical means nor can your guild try to “gate” you away to safety. If you are sprung, you must make it on foot or via moongate back to your guild headquaters (guildhouse or city you occupy).
- Imprisonment should be fun for everyone so if you are not being guarded at the time that the guild break can occur then you are basically free.
-You must post on this forum a time (between a maximum of two hours) that your guild will attempt to free you or they cannot attempt it that day (this gives time for your captor to prepare a proper guard as we all have real lives).
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I agree. Though I don't care too much for the inprisonment thing, and guild colors are iffy.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun, good, and yay. Imprisonment thing should be shortened, though, if it is even accepted.
Baron Mordegan
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:19 am Post subject: I like it all except... Reply with quote

Roleplay before battles..some is needed depending on the rules determined by the GM's prior to the battle.

And;

Imprisonment - hard to enforce, can't see it being obeyed especially 7 days.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That brings me to another point, how is assassinating to be handled? I know Orc does PURE assassinating, and I do some myself, but not to the same degree. I tend to do it when my guild members are being threatened. Kind of the 'don't talk trash unless you plan to fight' rule... I let my guild members talk trash like they're going to fight, then I do the work for em.
Aeloth Nazduin
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about assasinations the other day, They are a very touchy subject. To ask someone to kill off their charachter after an assasination is absolutely insane. Perhaps if you were to RP that the victim was heavily injured for a set amount of time after the event. Most reasonable approach to me.
Ditto Quantum
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:23 pm Post subject: I like it Reply with quote

I think it helps round out some of the RP aspects that would most probably occur during raids, battles, etc.
Imprisonment does seem a bit lengthy IF abused. I see a boredom problem if one "lightbringer" guild imprisons someone of another "lightbringer" guild, since most try to respect each others laws & sentences.(Unless we're talking Kidnapping) The darker guilds don't seem to have a problem w/ breakout attempts.
The choice for a "civilian" to either flee the battle area or stand and possibly get killed, captured, or harrassed makes sense; except in cases where trouble occurs in banks, or they're at their own homes. or npc cities in general. (I still think it's funny that Ditto can & does walk into a crowd of the "enemy" on a battlefield and just chat with them. She likes to tempt fate I guess.*grin*)

*Hugs*
Mark Randerstill
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*flexes* Humanis already follows the guild colors thing.
Nh'bdy
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

VROOOSH!

[bump for historical relevence]
Viktor Crow
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

love the all guilds must be warred to all others idea... warred or allied, thats how it should be.
Har'aak Tor
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Love it
5. Sad
6. Agree
7. Agree
8. Love it
9. I can still use my char for non rp stuff like hunting right? If so I'm fine with it.
Sid
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

although I like it personally,I can't sell that much PVP tp rpers we have enough rules in place .belive me after 10 years doing this its hard keeping everyone happy.......wait wait just cause i po po on this idea don't mean it can't work per you own efforts with individual guilds I just don't think that it could become the new rules of ARPC
TayM'real
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems like a somewhat narrow way to RP....would everyone have to be part of war-based plotlines to be involved?

The reason I ask is that eVc is a politically motivated guild intent on providing leadership among the Kingdom with the absence of Lord British. We do not support the totalitarian rule of Lord Blackthorn. We are -at core- very similar to 'The Resistance' from Ultima V who believed British to be the true King of Britannia. We continue to search for his whereabouts - all the while providing support for the citizens who believe in British's rule.

Now, we are not adverse to conflict - but we don't really own 'land'...we're not a Kingdom. Does that still fall within these types of guidelines?
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread Necromancer is victorious.
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaen Swiftar wrote:
Thread Necromancer is victorious.

Epic Statement is Epic.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: