Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Fall of Tarothin and the Dark Order ???

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 pm Post subject: The Fall of Tarothin and the Dark Order ??? Reply with quote

It started off like any other fine morning. Early rising, and a fresh start. The sun was out and the day was turning out to be fruitful. By midday I had already snared three hare’s in the traps that I had left out the night before and was in pursuit of a little game. A wolf to be exact. Not for food of course, but something that would make a nice warm fur from. The day was going well…but, that was before…it happened. Before…it came. And after it did…nothing would ever be the same…

***********************************************************************************

Journal entry #136

What in the abyss is happening? What was that and why? Has the end of the world come? Are we all going to die?

Death…sapping life…poison? Mist? Spell? Curse? What??? What was that??? Why is this happening?

All dead, touched. So many…powerless before it. Only can run. Sparing nothing in its path. Is it alive? Is it even a thing? …is this all just a horrible nightmare?

I must calm down and collect my thoughts.

I was hunting a wolf for its pelt, following it patiently into the town of Dark Cove. Which made things even the more difficult seeing that there is no hunting without a pass…and being someone not to believing on buying a pass…well, I did not feel like being fined or arrested if spotted.

So onward I crept. Moving from the forest to the side to a building. When I rounded the corner it seems that I was not the only one that was hunting. The wolf was crouched by one of the houses looking upon two figures: a man and a woman. The woman had spotted the growling wolf and had a sword out. Was a wolf that desperate for food to venture into town for food?

(back to the journal entry and the person writing it)
Before anything can happen, the man’s eyes widened saying something that I could not hear. At the same time the wolf’s hair on its back, stood straight up as it turned in the direction where the man was staring and now where the woman was.

That was when I felt it. Something I felt long before I saw. A deep cold. A cold shiver coursing down my spine, sending my teeth to chatter instantly with a numbing feeling all over…a numbing feeling of…fear.

Turning slowly was when I saw what they did. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion yet I know that it all happened quite quickly indeed.

The best I can describe it now that I have thought on nothing but it ever since running away from its cold grasp…is a mist, a dark, shadowy mist. Yet a mist seemingly alive the way it…it…reached out…towards those things that ….moved…those things that…lived…

Things didn’t go into action until the mist reached out a tendril and wrapped around the leg of the woman. Instantly her eye’s widened and her mouth opened to scream…yet, not a scream came forth from her lips. Her skin paled in color and her eyes turned black before the body could crumbling down in a lifeless heap…..well, I could only presume that it was lifeless but at that moment I did not feel like finding out for my feet were already in motion, running off as fast as I can keeping to the shadows just incase this this thing had eyes.

I had rounded the corner and thankfully kept against the house's wall and out of sight for there were a few Dark Order soldiers talking amongst some fellow citizens. The last thing I wanted was to be stopped by them while this thing was still moving inland.

The man came running by to yell out plea’s of help. He must have changed his mind by then yelling out run. Feeling the cold again I knew why he did. The soldiers not understanding was in the process of asking him what this was all about when another dark, misty tendril caught up to the man. It was then that many frozen in fear and confusion that cost them their lives.

The Soldiers were quick to fall back though some of the lesser guards did fall victum. Seasoned veterans trained for battle seemed to keep their cool and retreat from the mist. Retreating into their fortress. But something that did not seem as good as an idea as they had thought. For as I passed the back kitchen door entrance, they were leaving quickly from it.

The words I heard from them had to do with it going through the walls and killing those within as well…

It was then that I decided to run further north and away from town. It was then that my leg muscles were pumping as fast as they could in getting me as far as I can from the scene. It was only when I was too tired to even move that my body stopped and collapsed against the forest floor. I believe I was close to Vesper now. But something that could have been miles away for all I felt. For my body refused to move further.

Those few hours before willing my legs to move again was the longest hours in my life. Waiting…helpless. I was even too tired to hide my body under leaves incase some brigands or trolls found me. I was too tired and after what I saw in Dark Cove, I did not care. There was only one thing on my mind that caused those hours to be a long as they seemed. The fear of seeing that dark mist traversing through the forest. The dread feeling of that unnatural cold. The feeling of absolute despair.

Every second, every sound. It was the forest’s silence that made things worse. For with sounds I would have at least known there were things moving, living…out there… But nothing came. Nothing followed.

Taking in my surroundings better I noticed I was a little north from my cabin and so decided to go there and grab a few things.

And so here I am, writing down what I saw, on this now nightmare of a day. It is getting dark now…and it is eerie outside. It is too quiet…when only moments before it wasn’t.

It is cold____*the ink trails off*

*written in blood and all sporadic*

jouRnal entry….….

sHadoWs….k..I..l..l…

The …sh.. shAdowS ….

*a bloody smear stain of the shape of a hand running down the page*

(appears to be an anagram puzzle in the last journal entry)

(Back to when the Shadows of Oblivion were taking over the keep and Tarothin's perspective)

Tarothin watched from the ramparts the oncomming mist and sneered. Watching as another person fell before it very close to the keep. It was happening too quickly and it was by sheer circumstance that he was on the ramparts looking out towards the sea when it all happened. Unfortunately, he did not see the full extent of what was happening until it was already too close.

Without turning around he spoke to one of his servants. "Round up everyone inside and flee to the north. Tell anyone who ask's that I am not here. I do not want my soldiers staying behind trying to get me to leave and only stay and die." The servant tried to protest about Tarothin staying but all it took was one look and the servant bowed and went off.

**This being around the same time the mist reached the fort and Ceinwyn and Marsil ran into the keep.**

Turning around slowly to walk through the great double doors leading into his throne room, Tarothin's eyes flared bright red. Sitting down on his throne, he could now hear cry's below to run and that it was comming into the keep.

His claws flexed, two of them bitting deep into the thrones wood. He started to feel the unnatural cold on his spine which made him grit his fangs together and emit a low sounding growl.

"This is MY land and I'll be damned before I retreat from it!"

That was when the doors opened to his surprise and what came through was Ditto. Obviously one that did not believe the servants words of him not being there. A look of great concern was on her face and a few tears glistening in her eyes as she rushed over to him to fall on his lap. "Please love...let us leave this place."

Looking down with a sad look upon his face, Tarothin just shook his head. "I will not leave."

Ditto looked up with more tears, "I will not leave your side then."

Before Tarothin can argue, out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted movement. Looking up he saw the mist that came through the cracks of the doors. Moving very fast, tendrils started to come out of it seeking the closest thing to it. Ditto and himself.

Standing up quickly he picked up Ditto in a fluid movement to only turn his back to the oncomming mist and wrap his body around her.

"YOU MAY TAKE ME, BUT YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER!"

The mist closed in on the two....

(back to earlier that day…back to the soldiers retreating out the back kitchen door.)

Mairsil and Ceinwyn run, out the door. Running up north to see a group of worried citizens around Kurt and Shritana. Before they can turn to the fast approaching couple. They were yelling for them to run.

Fast did they run as the mist followed speedily on their heals. Killing everything it touched. The cold was felt by all, and an unnatural fear was felt. Even by those that do not fear much.

Further north they ran. By then they met up with more citizens and members of the Black Knights of Malas. All wondering what is going on. And all that they were met by were people running from the shadowy mist, and in turn telling them to run as well.

They continued north only to find that the mist was coming forth from the cove as well as from the sea.

With more dying in it’s path there was only one thing to do…abandon Dark Cove to its fate. A fate far worse then any that follow the light could imagine or any that even in the Dark Order could wish upon someone. And so quickly they left through a gate before the mist’s tendrils snaked across the land where they once stood.

In the day’s to come…will people realize the full extent of what happened that day. In days to come will they see the curse that was placed on the lands and the horror of that which now…walk the land…

For no longer is it safe…for those…alive…

The shadow has fallen over that which was once known as Dark Cove…

Dark Cove and the Dark Order has fallen...a curse blights the land.

A curse....where only the dead pass seemingly unhindered. Many people died that night. And some whose fate became much ....worse..then death.

But what of Tarothin and Ditto Armunn? Their bodies were never found the following day, by those few that came to search. And fewer that escaped alive upon entering Dark Cove, needing once again to flee the land. Coming to the conclusion that Dark Cove has a whole knew and truer meaning to its name.

What of their daughter or son? Will the Dark Order now seemingly leaderless and homeless stay?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: