Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Step Three: Solutions

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 pm Post subject: Step Three: Solutions Reply with quote

Step Three will commence today. This step will be handled via ICQ, as forums are a bad medium for getting things done and agreeing on things. Its like asking all six billion people in the world "What is wrong with the world?" and then trying to pick one answer from one person that all six billion will agree on.

It is still not too late to be included in the solution phase. Step Two is still open. Just ICQ me with the required info.

Before anyone screams injustice, this is not 'if you sent me your guild name you get one vote and majority rules on the fixes'. The procedure is going to be like this:

If you sent me your guild info, you and anyone in your ICQ that you considered leadership of your guild has been added to a list of 'guild leadership' on my ICQ list, and I tagged your display name with the guild you are affiliated with.

I will take the list of problems in Step One and try to come up with the best solution I can think of, with multiple solutions where I think others will disagree with me, and come up with alternatives. I know public opinion on these problems pretty well, seeing as I polled everyone to tell me what is wrong. An opinion not sent to me is one I cannot factor in. Some solutions cover multiple problems, even across different categories and subcategories. I am more or less terming them 'solution sets' if they eliminate several problems at once.

I will take these solution sets to everyone on the guild leadership list and ask their opinion of them. Do you like the solution as is? (Which one, if multiple solutions?) If you don't like it, what would you change about it?

The answers I am looking for (more or less) will be something like: I like it, I will do it. I don't agree entirely with it, but I'll do it anyways. I do not like it and I refuse to do this with my guild. In the case of #3, which I pray happens sparingly, whatever part of the solution that a guild does not like will be removed or changed depending on what they would prefer. If a solution is changed it will be re-presented to all of the guild leadership list. If there is another disagreement, it will be edited again.

This could take a few days, or this could never happen at all, or we could agree on so few things that nothing good comes of it. In the case that we can't agree on anything... Sorry, I tried. In the case that we work the problems out and agree on them, we will move to Step Four: Enactment. Basically, applying the solutions we agreed upon in this step, presenting the solutions to the community, and doing them as planned. I can hardly go into detail here as I have no idea which solutions we will adopt, when we will be done, if we will ever even agree, etc.

So, to recap, this will take me the better part of the day. Step Two will be open for the duration of Step Three but the longer you wait, the less say you will have in earlier decided solutions.

I doubt everyone will be happy with this way of deciding things, but I'd like to hear an alternative besides putting up public polls on forums that are open to anyone to register. We know how horribly that went last time and how nothing will come of it.

In any case, direct any questions comments concerns or suggestions to me on ICQ. I don't want this to be a flamefest here. I request this thread please be locked.

Thank you everyone that has helped, is helping, and will help me to accomplish this.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: