Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Molly Spambot-fighter Woman

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Molly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:12 am Post subject: Molly Spambot-fighter Woman Reply with quote

*flips back her cloak and flexes her fingers looking forlorn at her email*

Well seems this is going to have to be a one man show. I have set the site for Admin aproval. From now on people will request authorization and I will get an email from them saying they want access. If some of you know people that want approval and have filled out the request then I will grant them access.

My email will be full daily I am sure. If there is anyone that has AOL and would be willing to check the email from time to time to take some of the responsibility it would be greatly appreciated. I invision spending some of my precious roleplay time having to check my emails for prospective requests for membership on our site.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another suggestion.. You own atlanticcommunityboard.com, and all domains generaly come with one free email address. You could make that into a redirect and have anything incoming to that addy go to all the admins of the board. Uhh, don't ask me how, I could probably figure it out but I have never bought a domain (through godaddy, I think you said once, but im not sure). I know some here will know how to do it... And we did it with our NWN2 server's domain.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to take advantage of the one email that comes with the domain. I have one and I just have it forward to gmail. If you want to setup a rule to forward to a list in gmail after you receive the forwarded one...well...that can be done too, I imagine.....I hope...
Molly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was rather painless, my first bout with the email. I went from 2 emails maybe in a week and mostly spam to 23. I get that many on my regular email a day and more. I think we will stick with this until I can get the other set up. I thank everyone for your assistance. I will probably set up that email on the site.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: