Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A desperate secret

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic

Rate me! (out of 5)
5/5! Outstanding!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
4/5! I liked it a lot!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
3/5! Not bad!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2/5, needs some work.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1/5, I didn't really like it that much.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0/5, It was horrible, please delete this poo.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Jago Bloodmourne
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:34 pm Post subject: A desperate secret Reply with quote

"Maybe he was just too close to finding something out someone didn't want him to."

"Yeah, probably was. Poor bastard. Lets clean this mess up, everyone! Lots of paperwork to do, its not everyday someone gets murdered in the library and the place gets torched, you know..."

The inspector walked over to the scene of the crime. It was difficult to even look at; what was left of the table was still smoking; it took several summoned water elementals to calm the blaze. The smouldering remnants of several books were in the middle of the pile. Some of them were toppled over near one end of the desk; some of the others were scattered about the middle of the fire area, as if they were thrown in after the fire started. Not to mention, the horribly burnt corpse of a man still sitting in the chair in front of the desk, a look of horror fixed upon what is left of his face.

The inspector began to sift through the remnants of the books... Just what was this man killed for? What was he about to discover that someone had murdered him in the middle of a famous library? Perhaps the books he was reading would leave a clue.

"What the hell books are these? I never saw these before," the inspector said to the library owner, holding up the only two bookcovers that survived the blaze.

The owner looked it over. "Huh... Those are from the restricted research section." He inspected the ancient runes on the front. "This one is about Daemonmancy... This one is about... Hmmm... Ahh, tieflings. Short book, that one..," he said, a frown appearing on his face.

The inspector raises an eyebrow. "Now I know what Daemons are, what the abyss is a tiefling?"

"The abyss is right..," the owner said in a rather cryptic, faraway voice. He dusted the cover off, trying to remember what was in the book just by looking at what was left of it. "Part daemons. Regular people like you and I that have abyssal traces in their blood. Its more noticible in some than others... Some of 'em look damn near what a daemon does... Red skin, even hooves... But you mostly see the horns. Sometimes they're real small, easily covered up... Sometimes they're a lot more noticible, much larger. Don't see many of these folk around..." The owner trailed off, as he watched the inspector pluck a small, mostly burnt piece of parchment out of the pile. "Keen eye you got there...What is it?"

The inspector looked it over a moment. "Remnants of his notes..."

*the page is mostly burned, only about a third of the paper remains from the upper left*

Notes

It appears my hunch was right. It was just like the bastard said, he *burned off*
by just saying the name. No wonder he keeps it a secret *burned off*
complete control over him, even though he is *burned off*
will ever find it out. I wonder *burned off*
might even try to kill me. *burned off*
*the rest of the page is also illegible*
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: