Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Willow-Nightshade's Beginning

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
NightShade
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 pm Post subject: Willow-Nightshade's Beginning Reply with quote

Smack! her hand dealt a stinging blow to the young girls face. I am tired of it Willow, I saw you lurking around the stables, that was no foolish prank. Willow looked at her older sister with blank eyes and feigned tears. I did not mean any harm Wisty, twas really just not smart of me. Wisty narrowed her eyes and sighed in exasperation You could have killed the driver of the carriage the horses ran amuck with it. What did you think would happen?

Willow gave her sister a cool look, she was tall and shapely for the slight age of 14 and rather pale, her strange green hair clung about her angular face, she wore a dress that was old and out of style and just a bit to short as you could see a glimpse of ankle from time to time. Well? Wisty asked frostily giving her sisters appearance a quick look of disgust. Wisty, I just thought they would run a ways and stop I didn’t think they would hit that bumpy ground and the carriage would overturn…. Drifting off she frowned at the floor. Sighing resignedly, Very well Willow, come with me, father will be very angry about this. I will try to temper his anger but your pranks have grown as of late and people are getting hurt!

He sat in his study perusing the latest bills and shaking his head in disgust. He was a man of average height with brown hair and blue eyes. A tinge of gray at his temples and a careworn line crossed his forehead. He looked up exasperated as he heard the door softly click open. What do you want Willow he said wearily as she sauntered in the room. His expression softened a bit as he saw the look of concern on his older daughter's face as she followed closely in behind her. Looking them both over he waited knowing something had happened. Willow has been up to hi-jinx again, the driver is fine but the carriage will need repairs. Wisty rushed out in one breath this vague admission. Her father sat still and quiet looking first from Wisty's concerned face to Willow's bored expression. Well Willow what have you to say for yourself?
What? Oh sorry, ummm well I just thought the horses would run a bit I didn’t know the carriage would overturn. Angrily he rose and grabbed the tall girl by the shoulders yelling into her insolent face he shook her until a soft hand rested upon his shoulder and he turned to see Wisty's pleading face looking at him. Please Papa she meant no harm. Willow hid a satisfied smirk, her sister could be so useful at times, quickly she changed her face to a look of scared repentance and nodded emphatically. Releasing her he shook his head saying, I don’t know Willow, perhaps it is time I remarried I think you need a woman’s touch to keep you inline. Willow gave him a sharp look and Wisty’s face changed into one of astonishment. What! Willow let out a strangled word and looked quickly to Wisty. Father Willow said quietly, I really don’t think that is necessary we are fine as we are. Jutting her chin forward she gave him her usual rebellious look. Wisty shook her head and paced about the room. He gave them both a quick glance and nodded deciding on something and said I will do as I please both of you run along and Willow I will punish you later.

The vase crashed to the floor, it was an expensive one, and she snickered happily with the shards that lay at her feet. Picking one piece of it up she cut a line across her palm and stood fascinated by the blood that ebbed there. For as long as she could remember she had loved the sight of blood it had made her feel so strange, it was almost intoxicating to her senses. She watched it drip from her hand and it began making a red stain on her bedroom carpet, she didn’t care. Strangely it hurt so slightly for a deep cut such as that. She remembered being five and breaking her ankle and the doctor staring at her in amazement for she made no sound as they set it and bound it tightly. She almost felt like searching out pain, in a strange way she enjoyed it but she felt rather cheated as she rarely felt any. Quickly wiping her hand on her dark skirt she rushed from the room and down out to the garden.

Curling her lips up at the pungent flowers growing she came finally to her favorite part of the garden, a twisted knotted old tree. Its branches were sparse with leaves and she figured it had developed some ailment and was slowly dying. This part of the garden was rather gloomy and very little grew here. She loved it! She could come and sit here and think all the odd things that so often filled her head in peace and quiet away from her twit of a sister.

She really didn’t know how to control herself anymore such strange urges had begun to well up inside her growing stronger with each passing day. Finally she had given in to them, she was fascinated with death, she had taken to sneaking out at night and roaming the family burial grounds stopping every night by her mother’s grave. When one of the servants had died last week she had dug the freshly buried corpse up and sat in fascination staring at its mangled remains. She shook her head and placed it softly in her hands the urge to kill had grown so strong. She knew surely others could not feel as she did or they would all have killed each other. She stared off silently as she thought of the driver’s frightened face when the reins broke and the crashing sound accompanied by the shrieking of horses. She had felt so excited so reckless, she had so hoped she would find him dead. Alas, the man had risen with only a few bleeding cuts but nothing more, the smell of his blood wafting over to the spot where she hid watching. She had wanted to leave her hiding place and kill him herself but her darling sister had heard the noises and come running as well as many others so she had slunk off irritable and angry.

She sat there lost in thought till she heard a rustle in the bushes behind her and turned staring at a pair of glowing green eyes. Feeling no fear she turned about and said calmly. Who are you, and why do you hide in the bushes watching me. She gasped in surprise as the tall thin man stepped from the bushes his green eyes staring at her in wonder. He appeared young but his eyes bespoke a certain aged wisdom, the air was cold and still about him. He looked at her carefully and shook his head as if he could not believe she existed. You have her nose and the same shape to your lips but your sister looks much more like her. Arching an eyebrow Willow gasped as she stared at the man. You speak of my mother as if you new her well. A small smile twitched across his lips, I did indeed, how old are you young one? Staring at him in irritation she placed her hands on her hips Young one, you insult me I will not answer your questions, go away and leave me be.

No you will answer me, I must know what your age is. Staring back she gave him an angry look. His presence before her sent her reeling out of control and she leapt up pulling the small dagger from her belt and lunged at him wanting nothing more than to slash his throat. Easily he caught her wrist and she stared shocked as she heard the sickening crack of her wrist snapping in his grip, a wry smile crossed his lips. I see you are a bit out of control, so hard to control these urges you know, death is like an elusive beauty, pain a relished treasure. A bit of pain surging thru her she stared at him in shock. He started muttering strange words and her wrist mended quickly her hand no longer hanging at an odd angle. She stood confused her green eyes mirroring back into his. I am 14. Nodding as if he expected that answer he smiled back at her. Nightshade, my darling child, it is time for you to take your place in life, he chuckled a bit at this statement and continued on, the mysteries you struggle with the urges that confuse you, I will teach and train you.

Father? she looked at him quizzically but somehow it felt right, she had always known. Extending a hand to her she looked at him for only a moment then took it and let him lead her silently into the woods. She rolled the name he had called her over in her head and liking it did not question it further as it seemed to suit her. I will return you to your room in the morning. No one must know of this…yet. Come there is much for you to learn and we havent much time. He glanced behind him and quickened his step as if he was being pursued, Nightshade shrugged and struggled to keep up with his long strides. He glanced briefly at her and stared at her green hair as he walked. My, my, he murmured this is a pleasant surprise, how useful.......
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: