Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The First Encounter

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Xandria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:27 am Post subject: The First Encounter Reply with quote

Slowly, Doireann walked to the door. No, don’t go there. Giggling, she reached for the handle, then turned to smile back at her father. No, go back. Turning the handle, she opened the door, still looking at her father making faces at her. Don't look! Turning, she saw her mother, with stakes through her hands and feet, rope marks on her wrists and ankles, her face cut with strange carvings, and a note stuck to her chest by a decorated dagger. Opening her mouth she screamed, “Mommy!”

Sitting up quickly, Doireann looked around. She placed a thumbnail in her mouth and began chewing, holding back tears. This was not supposed to happen today. It was her birthday, and she was going to be a big six-year old today. There weren’t supposed to be nightmares today.

Suddenly, there was a candle in the doorway. She looked up to see a woman in red standing in the doorway. Doireann couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. The woman ran in and set the candle on the table near the bed, and pulled Doireann close to her, and began murmuring.

“Oh, Dory dear, it’s okay. Was it the same nightmare?” the woman asked, brushing the little girl’s hair with her fingers. “It’s over now, nothing can hurt you.”

“They hurt my last mommy,” Doireann sobbed, "They can hurt me." Suddenly tightened her hold on the woman. “They can hurt you too. I don’t want to lose my new mommy.”

From the hall, Xandria watched the two, and sneered. Poor baby, she thought, looking at her new “little sister”. Why don’t you just die like your mother and make everyone’s life easier. While you’re at it, make sure your stupid father dies with you. Rosemary is my mother, she slowly narrowed her eyes, not yours.

Xandria walked away, her fist clenched. Maybe if Doireann died, she wouldn’t have to have her birthday ruined. She went into her room and slammed her door closed, then leaned against it. It wasn't her fault her mother married Doireann's virtuous do-gooder father, ruining her eighth birthday. Stomping forward she stopped, looking on her bed.

A mouse circled a jar, pressing his hands against the walls. Looking at the animal trapped within the jar, Xandria smiled. Oh, good, my present to me. She reached her hand in, grabbed it by the tail, and pulled it out of the jar. Watching it squirm, she walked to a desk, and sat down. She placed the mouse in an old, wooden container she found, and began to flex her hand.

“In Sar.”

She watched the mouse wither in pain, and laughed softly to herself.

“Vas Flam.”

A flame arose around the mouse. It mouse stopped withering and was silent. Pushing the chair back, Xandria went to the bookcase on the other side of the room. She pulled a green book concealed by a false lining, and stared at the skull on the cover. Holding it close to her, she walked back to the box.

“Uus Corp.”

Frowning, Xandria looked down, noticing nothing happened. Looking back at the book, she splayed her hands a few times.

“Uus Corp!”

Slowly, she watched as a black mass slid towards the mouse, engulfing it. She watched as the mouse opened it eyes, looking at her. Suddenly, she heard a gasp. Turning to a door, she saw her new step-sister, watching wide-eyed.

“Dory, dear, what are you doing here?”

The six-year old stared at the mouse as it moved its head jerkily. Bringing her hand to her red hair, twirling it, she looked at Xandria. “What’s that, Xandy?”

Xandria began counting in her head, and then looked at her sister smiling. “Why, Dory, that is how I am going to save lives.”

Doireann’s eyes widened further, and looked up with wonder. “Really?”

Xandria walked to Doireann, and kneeled down, looking her in the eyes. “Trust your new big sister on this. I have learned a few things in my eight years. I know. If I can figure this out, I can figure out how to keep the soul from leaving long enough to heal them. Wouldn’t that be great? Then, people like your mother would not have to die from their wounds.”

Doireann’s eyes began to tear up. She looked to Xandria. “I don’t want anyone else to die that way again,” she said slowly, sniffing back tears.

“Of course you don’t, dear. Now, if anyone asks you, just tell them I am learning new forms of healing, alright?" Xandria watched Doireann, nod, and smiled in satisfaction. "Now, shall we have a happy birthday?”

Still nodding, Doireann began turned and walked out the door, still sniffling. Watching her leave, Xandria shook her head. Stupid fool. Looking at the door, Xandria checked to make sure the door was secured. Turning to the mouse, she felt her hips hit the jar, and she watched it fall, breaking off a piece. Sighing, Xandria, picked up the pieces, and walked to the mouse. Her hands shook as she brought the jar near the mouse. Suddenly, she began to notice the jar taking on a slight pink color. Tilting her head, she stared into it, trying to find its source. Slowly, she reached her finger in, feeling along the jar to find out where that strange discoloration was coming from. As her hand slowly touched the pink film, she felt her whole body tingle then felt nothing as her world went black.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: