Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Just click
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dominatria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:32 pm Post subject: Just click Reply with quote

I've been gone awhile, and could probably have stayed gone in some of your opinions:P, but I've been checking in every now and then. Why? Because in all the MMOGs and guilds/communities I've bounced around to, the most fun I ever had in RP was here with yall.

Im not reactivating, before those of you who actually remember me get your hopes up. But I came back to ask everybody one question:

What was the best RP event you ever attended here on Atlantic?

-Dom
Molly

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was split for me between several but the first would have to be the battle between all the light forces and the Orcs. That was an amazing event with Dayle Stormcrow in the lead of the entire armies of the light against Grishnak. To this day I don't think I have ever seen that many light guilds in one spot for one purpose.

The battle for Serpent's hold. The whole thing from beginning to end. The roleplay leading up to the battle, the battle itself, the week between the first and the second battle and the victory in the end.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Ditto Armunn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was a war (forget the name of it if it had one, but I refer back to it as the battle of Jhelom with friends). It (the war) was so well done RP'ly that it pulled alot of my guild (including me) into this rp community in one way or another. There was so much RP going on surrounding the battles themselves that it snowballed out and reached onlookers from time to time. It was the battle that not only drove the KGP / OTD away from a small rp community of friends to an entire world of diverse guilds, and I also like to say it was the battle that launched a thousand relationships, though that would be an exageration *grins*. Almost everyone I knew either had a crush on this knight or that soldier, we began getting fancy party invites, there were taverns to frequent, I met this guy with pink hair that could not only keep par with Ditto's energy, but also put the *smile* on her face. Cat was captured by enemy for the first time. And I was left with a perplexing question for the first time when she was suppose to be executed....How does one keep playing if they are executed? Fortunatly, thanks to Cat's natural charm, she somehow amazingly got away. I've met alot of interesting people & learned so much from many of you about so many things that....yea, the battle of Jhelom is #1 favorite RP event. Smile

Ditto
*Hugs*
Dominatria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Both very good. I'll go ahead and post mine now...

When I first joined the community The Regency was in its prime, which meant being the emodiement of Britannian Government. I had just joined a small militia in the town of Wilmeth. Our small town had been being terrorized by a dark force... the Dark Awakening. The vile technomancer Dealthagar was just putting his technocratic magicks into practice when he set his sights on the small town guarding the entry to Wind.
Their numbers were far greater, but more importantly their malice was as well. They kidnapped one of our handmaidens and bride-to-be, Lady Megan. The struggle was long and combative, both sides volleying the poor girl around as if she were a raquetball. Suddenly, and suspiciously, the Dark Empress Anna decided to hold a banquet at their castle, in Wilmeth's honor.
The Technocrat sat at the head of the table as we entered the haunting abode. The situation peaked as he stood to make a speech, which quickly turned into some deamonic ritual. Realizing their ploy (and luckily not coming unprepared), the dignitaries from Wilmeth were forced to soil their linens in defense of their lives... nay, their souls.
Yes, we escaped the castle, but no one felt that we had escaped harm.

But back to the grandness that was the Regency at the time, led by Kronos. Being loyalist, the town of Wilmeth was sent invitation to one of the most prestigious events of our time, the crowning of Queen Shantel of Stormhaven. The city of Stormhaven held its fist tight on the outskirts of Britain, but their virtue was put into question by a scandal involving their previous Queen and founder, Lady Lipstick. Only one man truly held honor above all, and therefor only one man could restore the people's faith in that kingdom. Aleph Aeirs.
And so, on the shores of that great kingdom, on the roof of a sandstone plaza, Shantel Moon was crowned Queen of Stormhaven, and all of Sosaria's noble bore witness. A ball followed at the kingdom's pinnacle castle, and military generals, diplomats and servants alike danced the night away.

Now, if only the other 70 people who viewed this thread responded...
-----------------
"No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history."
-William Hazlitt

-Dom
Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greypawn/Moonglow Militia battles. They had the mightiest force in the Regency...and then they turned on it. The battle for the Empath Abbey, and eventually Stonegate...so many people battling, fighting, vying for victory. And in the end...evil was victorious.

The Regency itself, in its prime...awesome. The TWP days where land actually meant something.

The Arlin/Arcana story arc. Most fun RP I ever personally had.

And of coarse...the Black Dogs. There never was, nor has since been, a greater mercenary guild.

For those of you who missed these days...well...I'm sorry. I remember when everyday there was AT LEAST 4 new RP stories on the Crossroads or the old old OLD boards....

Wtf happened?
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, Kronos' siege of the Dark Awakening Castle and the split of the Alliance between Moonglow and the Dark Awakening from it was a great storyline.

So was the attempt to copy three Prime Artifacts.

But honestly, the most fun, the most memorable night of RP I ever had was Walking into the Hungry Halfling with Gub-Gub, Son of Grishnak to present myself as a Herald of Valor for the Heralds of the Awakening and being promoted on the spot as the Sage of Valor.

The roleplay was so touching and so real to my little humble orc, that I actually cried, IRL.

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually can't pick one specific thing or storyline. I do however have a lot of fond memories of old UO.

Being in my first guild ever, MKV, Zarlox was my first ever guildmaster.

Being in old OES, when Rune, Xavori, and Bal-Anon were my favorite evils. I'll also never forget the first time I went to one of Bal's sermons and there was the setting ablaze of the congregation, I so died too!

The time that Aleph one-shotted Lynne, my OES char. I have the honor of being the only person he's ever slain in battle too I think *laughs*. In my defense, she was all of a couple days old at best, so.. she was a baby.

I always loved Rivendale and bartending at the Hungry Halfling, and the silly battles of the RPers vs the reds that would break out. And I really miss the Seer characters popping into town there.

I miss all the great player created towns back when there was only Felucca. Sadly, the great towns just never were able to be reproduced once the shards split. The little special touches that were placed by the Seers also really gave the old places a special feel too.

And I really loved the old battles between HoA/various light guilds vs. OES/Orc/various evil guilds.
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one you mentioned, Jaedra, ..with the Orc battles.., if that's one we did in the last cpl of years with sea battles, then I have to say, Yes! That's in my top 5 list I think.

I had my most fun though with the RP before and after battles because the battles took place when my comp was acting poorly & I got tired of saying that a big wave came and knocked Imy off the boat. Hehe It was wonderful being teamed up with the other Evil guilds and inspiring when we all would line up just before a battle. It was the kind of battle, like a few others before it, that makes me a true believer that war is part of UO rp & can be great fun.

Thanks for bringing back that wondferful memory to me. Smile

Isilmea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealthagar wrote:
I gotta say, Kronos' siege of the Dark Awakening Castle and the split of the Alliance between Moonglow and the Dark Awakening from it was a great storyline.

So was the attempt to copy three Prime Artifacts.

But honestly, the most fun, the most memorable night of RP I ever had was Walking into the Hungry Halfling with Gub-Gub, Son of Grishnak to present myself as a Herald of Valor for the Heralds of the Awakening and being promoted on the spot as the Sage of Valor.

The roleplay was so touching and so real to my little humble orc, that I actually cried, IRL.

Those were good times. GreyPawn sure was mad when he found out we were in an alliance with the Regency. What a twist that was. Also do you remember when we invited the Orcs to a party at the Castle for the weekend and they built forts outside of the Castle? That was so funny...

Hi Deathy.. *hugs* email me sometime: Issele@stratics.com
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what the best time i ever had was currently a year ago or so with TSE and also rping with gimli in humanis those were the best times i have ever had and made some great freinds....to me it felt like being a family thats the truth
Faith
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say my favorite time, of many was when Isk came to minoc to "Liberate" minoc from the drow. I lost minoc that day but had alot of fun rping it. Also the times that Gorhun and Volrath were around.
Smiticles
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how these days people have a complete meltdown over any plot that even has a hint of PvP but many can fondly remember all those great RP moments that involved PvP and battles.

This isn't directed at any one person, just my observation and two cents.
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite time involved the very begining of the TWP. BWK was helping to test a battle senario where they would have to capture and hold objectives for land based in Yew. Facing off against the Yew militia and the BTF, BWK won by the skin of its teeth.

I have dozens of memories like this.

I have never been afraid to RP a fight. win or lose, I was there for the unfolding of the plot.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiticles wrote:
Funny how these days people have a complete meltdown over any plot that even has a hint of PvP but many can fondly remember all those great RP moments that involved PvP and battles.

This isn't directed at any one person, just my observation and two cents.

Its funny, isn't it? The Yew Wars II last year were awesome. Was in =L= at the time, had a blast.

Now many are afraid of losing the land claims they acquired through a hastily made IC post that they aern't active in :<

*awaits the flames for his last comment, which is again an example of people that throw themself in front of a train just to be offended that it hit them*
Evinyatar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning the defence of the Realm with Dayel against the FOA (the event that heralded the release of T2A). That was mostly non-PvP for those who feared this thread would only contain such events

I still stand by my theory the attacks on the realm were in a pentagram shape! Though apparently the Seers didn't agree *Le Shrug* Laughing
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: