Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Just click
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say the funnest things I've ever been apart of were well:

-MTC vs Orc and OES. This was in a time where weapons were allowed to be looted, there was no Tram/it JUST opened and raids were common. When you were in the small MTC guild house near the Lycaeum you had to watch your ass because you could be attacked/taken prisoner at any time.

-Brit Wars. Not because of the winning/losing stuff but because of the intrigue. Guilds allying and dropped that alliance an hour later, non-roleplayers getting involved, and nightly activity at the castle for a week.

Drama was a pain as it always is, but it wasn't too bad. Huma was great and it was all around fun.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i am extremely dissapointed in the direction that my thread has taken and request it be locked, IMMEDIATELY.

actually, i just bookmarked this thread. when i get sad about how much MMOGs suck these days i can read it and the urge to massacre hoards of game developers will fade in the hopes that UO will one day rise again. :pelvicthrust:

-Dom
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The emerging of Cromwell from the Shrine of Spirituality and fighting of the massive spawn of high level creatures in Spiritwood by surprize.

Anytime an orc would come up on me by surprise, or any encounter wih an orc anywhere for that matter. I miss the orcs.

The entire 4+ years of Isk and Angelique, I can't pull out a favorite day, they have all been a blast.

But my favorite of all I think had to have been when OES set the bonfire at Poet's Garden and set the hidding Auris on fire as well. The vengence and the years of overcoming the blindness that one spontaneous event set off, well it has triggered years of good RP.

(The last two still continue to bring about great RP every week for me)
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, I think I only ever enjoyed the RP leading up to war, the war itself, and the RP after war. Because people don't have time to type out bitching when they are dying. And I never warred on a character with spiritspeak; it was all OoOoOOoooOo's.
Wren Hapswill
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good memories have come back to me while reading this thread.. It's hard to finger any one of them as the best. But if I must choose, it will have to be the the entire story arc with the lichlord Aragothias. The Militia was at it's best in those days.. I had just joined the HoA as Windlord's herald of Humility. There was a minor seer event every night, and anytime you stopped by SCT there was something going on. People would drop by just to hear the latest rumors and gossip about what might happen next, then teamup and head out looking for the next clue that might shed some light on the whole thing. OES and NCR were still the undisputed axis of evil.. So many great side plots revolved around something those two were up to in those days..

Wren Hapswill,
Yew Militia - retired
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice hearing from ya, Wren.
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Its Wren! <3 Good to see you're still alive! Smile
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say in my case that day i causully mentioned to molly in guild chat why not ask Isk to RP marry us. we did need someone, then she did.
wasnt trying to be funny, mean or anything. we did need to find somebody to do it. i could almost see Isk's jaw drop an hear him sputer for several minutes, he was speechless. here im thinking OMG what i do now. both isk an i are in shock an molly almost fell out of her RL chair laughing. Angelique prolly did too. it was at aliza's wedding reception.
Shocked Embarassed
its the second time i've done that to Isk
the first one caused him to make a card of Will. Shocked
Opportunity is the stepping stone to victory

Pestilence
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm.. fondest memory??

~Anything that included DKF (Dwarven Kingdom of Findar). From our run in's with the Regency due to MTC's plot to pit two enemies against each other, to just drinking in Arcana's tower, causing a riot. Good times there.

~Brit Wars were fun, although the RP factor kinda got lost there, was more like RP Factions.

~The old Orc wars between Orc/OES/Ncr and a million light guilds. Holding that fort was indeed a fun task.

~Late night trips to Stormhaven to "break-in" its new recruits with Caramon.

~And I'd have to say, Isilmea trying to "turn" evil ole Pesti to the light side...

I could go on for pages, but I'll just keep it at those as they were the first things that popped in my head. But I miss old Caina, Rivendale and all the old friends. To go back to 1998 or so.. through 2002ish, Golden Age of Atlantic RP!
Talon Skyfire
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So many memories. Its hard to recollect them all on the spot.

My most painful RP experience was without a doubt the fracturing of Stormhaven and the subsequent rise of Sanctus from that.

As for the good times:

1. Befriending the Stormreavers and learning to speak orc while being their prisoner.

2. Running about as a nooblet in Rivendell with Spawn, Zarlox, Aleph, Molly, and company. Learning to roleplay way back then was a magical experience that I can never recapture.

3. The 9 year love/hate relationship between Talon and Isk has been an absolute blast.

4. The Moonglow wars.

5. Anything OES ever did. Especially Beleth's siege of Britian.

6. Aleph's mentorship of Talon.

7. The early days of the Regency.

I could go on and on, but Ill spare you all. Surprised
Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, '98 - '02 was probally the best years for RP, even though I was only there for the second half.

Still, there was some good stuff even up to the day I quit.

Battle of Britain was the best though. Nostalgia, you are a she-devil!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: