Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Daerauko, The first of the Shadow Wraiths and it's spread.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:49 pm Post subject: Daerauko, The first of the Shadow Wraiths and it's spread. Reply with quote

*during the same dreadful day that the Shadow's of Oblivion consumed Dark Cove*

Dark Cove was in chaos. I have never seen it as such. Usually things are more orderly. Even when brigands come or enemies of the soldiers that control this land come, things are not as they are now. People running every which way. And yet, hardly any screams. Only looks of terror. Only panic and fear. With that of the occasional group of Dark Order soldiers running northward with looks of concern on their faces. What is it that gives concern to these hearty warriors?

From all the time that I have come to this land after completing my training to watch over and guard unbeknownst, my family and those close to them, I have yet to see them so easily retreat as I do now.

Adapt to warping shadow around me so as to walk hidden where others cannot, I decided to start walking southward. Sliding past people without them even knowing that if they stepped one foot in my direction that they would brush against me.

I didn’t need to go far, for the unnatural cold that was felt down my spine happened quickly. That was before I saw this…mass of darkness coming toward me. Right before my eyes did I see black tendrils come out of it to wrap itself around a person that was running away. Almost instantly did the skin pale and the eyes blacken, before the body fell unmoving on the ground.

Looking a little to the left I saw another peasant fall victim to this…moving shadowy mist.

That was all that was needed to collectively move northward and fast as did the soldiers did.

Rounding the corner of a house where I heard yelling, I saw a gate spell up. And then the last soldier went through. Seeing the shadowy mass coming from the west north as well, I quickly went to get into the gate. But to my horror, the gate disappeared as I reached it.

I took a few moments with my eye’s wide open and a sudden feeling of despair washed over me. For the first time in my life did I feel fear. Real fear. Not the cold unnatural fear that is being emitted from the mist.

Those few moment’s almost cost me my life as tendrils whipped out towards me. Ducking and then rolling backwards, springing to my feet and running east was what saved me. But unfortunately only for the moment…for when I rounded another bend there from the east, the mist came as well.

Surrounded….

I stopped warping the shadows around making myself visible to all. For it seemed that this knew where anything may be and was pointless now to try to hide.

I lowered my head a moment to look at my hands. All my training, my family, and it all comes to this.

I quickly unstrap my bow and fire and arrow into the darkness. Like mist all it did was disappear within silently, doing absolutely nothing.

So this is my fate. Death by this…this…abomination.

Holding bow and hand and raising his chin defiantly, he waited as the mist closed in around him. He waited as the cold penetrated his bones and the black tendrils were reaching out to him.

And then there was a feeling of the utmost cold and pain as one of the tendrils wrapped around my arm.

Instantly my mouth widened involuntary to scream out in pain, and yet my lungs were to frozen that I could hardly feel them, stopping any sound from escaping my lips. My vision turned colorless and was fast coming down towards the ground.

By the time I hit the ground my vision blackened and there was no feeling of the impact. I could not move at all…and the last thing that I heard was many wispy voices inside my head: “You will serve”.

When his vision came back it was a new type of vision. All in shadowy grey, black and white colors with a smoky look. I felt…I…I felt nothing. Looking down slowly I saw my body lying before my …transparent shadowy feet. Looking upon my physical body lying on the ground this overwhelming hatred erupted and a wispy screech emitted from my mouth. I reached for the bow in the grasp of my previous body. When I did, smoky tendrils wiped out of my hand to check if my previous body and the bow was alive before sinking back into my shadowy hand. How I knew that was it’s purpose…was more of a inner feeling than anything else. The same type of tendrils that came from the shadowy Mist.

…I paused…starting to wonder how I knew now what that mist was…but then continued on reaching out not caring.

Once my hand touched the bow, the shadowy tendrils snaked out of my hand again to wrap itself around the bow. Making it transparent and shadowy as I was. Also allowing me to pick it up.

I am starting to love this curse…NO…this blessing. I quickly got the rest of my equipment of the new abomination that was my physical form.

Travelling around was easier than I have ever felt. Able to move through things that I would previously not have been able to. Looking around I saw other shadowy beings but paid them no mind. They were no threat…they were servants as was he to the great power that bestowed upon them all, this gift.

A sudden urge to hunt came to me. An urge to kill…

Quickly did I move about searching for a prey. And after some time I found it. Through the shadowy vision I saw the first color I have in a long time and it was reddish orange. The prey was seen through a window in this cabin. At first I thought it was the living beings heat radiating off the body…but it was not. Something told me it was his soul. In fact, it was this compelling something in my mind that urged me to take it and make it serve.

The cabin was easy to enter and the thing, for that was all that it was to me now, did not see my approach. Using the shadows was a thing of ease now for one that was apart of them.

The man was looking towards the door and hunched over a small desk writing something. The man’s teeth were chattering with cold and his eyes spoke of fear.

It was delicious…the fear emitting from the man. I could almost breath it in. But even more overpowering was the urge to take him…to make him serve…or to kill him…

The man quickly wrote something down and then began to stand before stopping short when I appeared to him.

Looking upon him with my bow drawn.

*thunk* An arrow that was transparent turned solid now as it sunk into the man chest.

The man slumped into the chair, struggling for breath.

*thunk* Another shot through his hand making it bleed over the pages where he was writing.

The reddish orange aura of his soul was fading…

*thunk* Another arrow in his chest.

The man almost now dead, knowing his doom, tried to write something down…

*thunk*

The mans hand dropped the quill that was writing his own blood and slid down the page and off the table as the whole body went with it.

As the pool of blood formed around the body the man’s soul faded.

And all that was left in the cabin was a cold wind that rustled the pages of the journal.

Odysea and Kitzidu. Twins by birth and both very close to each other. They fled from their previous home. Rumored that they fled because of assassinating their late master. Both are con artists and good at what they do. And both met and befriended Daerauko.

But on this day, they would have if given the chance wished they never did...

Searching...Hunting...

The want to find that of which has the only vibrant colors that seems to exist in his shadowy grey world. The want to also turn it to what he is and have it serve the great power that gave him this gift. And the want to remove all so to have a total world filled with shadows.

To remove or turn souls...

The voices still are heard now and again...angry that I let the soul of that man escape after leaving the corpse filled with my arrows. And yet at the same time pleased...

After travelling through the land known as Dark Cove, hatred was immediatly felt. A soul. A girl, walking carefully towards me. Somewhere in my mind a name sprang up, Odysea. And something telling me that I once knew this face. "Take her" I heard a few times. Something that I did not need urging to do for I already had the desire to do so.

The girl's fear was apparent. She spoke to me...or at least so I thought, but it did not matter what the living has to say and so I paid it no mind. This thing was no longer the girl I knew and something that was marring my shadowy vision.

Quickly did I rush forward and just as qucik did she turn around to flee. My hand reached out though to grasp her arm. Dark tendrils snaked out of my hand to sink into her body. Almost instantly she stopped, frozen in place. The color was starting to fade where I grabbed her but not enough to block out it all.

I stepped closer to her making myself partially inside of her physical abomination. The color remained for a little while as if the soul tried to resist. But then it faded and instead of seeing the vibrant oranges, yellows and reds all over her body, I saw the lovely and comforting shades of grey. Stepping back out of the body and letting go made the body drop, her eyes were black orbs and her mouth was open as if she tried to scream.

As if a skin from an animal was peeled from the body, her new form arose. And so she was like me. A wraith...

I heard an anguished voice filled with desperation behind me. That was before, what I can only describe as pain but of a different nature, erupted on my back. Quickly did I turn around, melding into the shadows and disappearing from another girls form.

She swung her weapon out before her a few times looking wildly to the sides to try to see me.

I smiled as I circled her waiting, studying.

This girl looked very simular to the other, and in fact they were looking at each other. The new one was wide eyes and tears flowing down her cheek. "Sister?" Was all she had time to say, for that was when she stopped swinging, and when I and the new wraith swept in.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: