Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Hrm... old school picture thread?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 pm Post subject: Hrm... old school picture thread? Reply with quote

I was wondering what old school pictures you guys have horded over the years?

So... post your OLDEST UO RP community pictures!

Oh, and if anyone has any cool non-old school pictures to shard, feel free.

ALSO!!! If anyone can post any Battle for Britain pics that would kick ass, I lost most of mine with ebonskull shutdown.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to collect crop and host all of them sometime. So lazy.

If anyone finds any britwars pics, make sure to post the one of the chicken killing beleth. *nods sagely*
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I deny all knowledge of such an incident ever occuring.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the word "Mehzeikostuhvei" ring a bell?

This is where you'd end up...

I have a ton of pictures on another HD I've been meaning to hook up and transfer to disk.. just keep putting it off. Someday...

Oh.. and here's a link to about old. (Sorry for the pop-ups in advance.)
HoA House

found a couple more..

Oni and I keeping the compassion shrine monster free for a Militia event

The Ophidians attacking Empath Abbey.. That's Anna playing at being one of the good guys in the bottom right. Back when she was running the newbie school.. BWF?

Elementals attacking the Abbey.. That's Sunwolf, Aurren, Gwendolyn, Will Smit IV, and myself.

Vargen returns from the land of the dead.

This is all stuff since 2000.. really need to get the older stuff off the old comp. Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited by Wren Hapswill on Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Wren
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone find older then this?

http://uo.stratics.com/cba/foa/welcome.shtml
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You just tempted me really bad to edit the page and put something silly on it.
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots and lots of names I haven't heard in a long time Evinyatar Smile
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, brings back old memories. I wonder if that old coot Perianwyr still plays. He did soo much for the developping RP community with the Serpents Cross Tavern. To me that will always remain the place where the Golden Era of Atlantic RP was born.
William
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he comes on ev every now and then, I am supposed to meet with him. I live in Fogwood and they are still kicking, and I am right across Serpants Cross. So yeah hes kicking but not that much.
Evinyatar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him RK said hi!

Ps.s: And that I'm looking for a good barkeep in Cove! Smile
Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Evinyatar wrote:
Ah yes, brings back old memories. I wonder if that old coot Perianwyr still plays. He did soo much for the developping RP community with the Serpents Cross Tavern. To me that will always remain the place where the Golden Era of Atlantic RP was born.

x11ty billion

I miss roleplay.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Said it before and I'll say it again... NWN2 is coming out on October 20th. Nuff said.
William
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats NWN2 stand for?
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Neverwinter Nights 2. NWN1 has been out since 2002, and as the fan magazines predicted, the single player game and included modules were entirely forgotten as a "Mini-MMORPG" mania -exploded- among the NWN fanbase. I've been roleplaying on NWN since last January... First 6 months was off and on, then after the Nujel'm incident(s), I quit and went over there fulltime. I came back around december/january, then there was more drama and I quit, went back to become a DM (dungeonmaster; think Seer / EM) for the server (the one I stole all of the =L= players and such to ;D). I've been DMing there since. The server is slower now, since our DMs are all working on our NWN2 server project (myself and the current owner of the project founded it back this january or so) and our playerbase has slowed down. (We actually are going to be doubling/tripling/quadrupling the experience income to get players back for a last blast before NWN2).

Prettymuch, you can even still go on NWN and find -PACKED- RP servers that have a cap of 60+ players and are FULL at peak times and STILL ACTIVE the rest of the day. My desire for RP was killed off after some UO drama a good 2 months ago, and it even caused me not to want to RP on NWN. But I am looking forward to NWN2 and our server... The quality and availability of RP on NWN1 was, and still is, very high... NWN2 promises to draw in a brand new ground, and the level of customization we can do in the new toolset makes NWN1 look like crap.

Put it this way: Our server for NWN1 is so big that the toolset can't even load it properly anymore (for editing purposes). We've outground the bounds imagined in the developers wildest dreams, to the point where the module has to be split into two, and updated seperately, and then re-combined... Don't even ask me how it is done, that is for our host to do. We have a few thousand zones (sounds like a lot, but multiply about 100 houses by 2-3 floors and you'll understand that # of zones comes easily). The file that is responsible ONLY for the persistent storage chests on the server is 2 gigabytes alone. We have like 8000 accounts that we earned over 4 years.

....And the server is small compared to others. SMALL. There are some chains of zonelinked servers where about 15 servers our size, give or take, linked themselves together (imagine UO putting the entire server list on a moongate, and allowing cross-shard runes to be marked, recalled and gated to) and are now one massively gigantic combonation of RP servers.

That is what NWN1 had, and we are given, from a development / scripting standpoint, a whole new world of oppurtunity for NWN2.

I am firmly convinced NWN and soon NWN2 will be the last true strongholds of roleplay on the internet. Go ahead and argue that UO should be on the list... NWN was MADE for, and NWN2 is BEING made for roleplay first. Not to mention the extremely awesome balance that NWN2 will have without Epic character levels (no powerbuilds! yay!(...*hides his paladin iaijutsu master*)).

I sound like an advertisement yet again, but I tend to ramble if I post when I first wake up, coupled with all my hopes and dreams for internet roleplay... You get the idea.

Any questions leme know, reply or in private, and I wouldn't be upset if a mod split these last 3 posts to a new thread (though I pray not to a forum that autoprunes in 48 hours).

P.S.
Just remembered one of the first questions that I should tackle... Many ask, 'are these like freeshards?' Yes and no. See, there are no official NWN servers (and I think NWN2 might sponsor player servers, but no official ones there either) so no, it isn't a halfassed ripoff of code like the UO freeshards. The company (Bioware for NWN1, Atari for NWN2) provide, with the game, a -massive- toolset, the most user-friendly toolset to date, which put starcraft and wc3's toolsets to shame in comparison of friendliness and ability. But yes, they are player owned and operated. However you'll see professionalism among some of the staff to the level that they put current MMORPG development teams to shame.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: