Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

This community wishes to better itself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:20 pm Post subject: This community wishes to better itself Reply with quote

I say bull.
Maybe Kuja does, but hes the only one.

Sid went out of his way to make a post, some other FAR rpers followed in his thread. What happened?

First Far was flamed over the Regency rping what they always have.

I contacted Fong ooc to repair things and he threw it in my face. I admit yes he did have the decency to stop the convorsation before it got worse but he never bothered saying a word after that.

Inkari you use my name to justify protecting What seems to be arpc sentiment, well you can just not do that again since it was absolutely inaccurate and the only thing you ever told me was that you wanted to attack moonglow and disband the regency, and never another word. All the while you are 'riding the borderline', not bothering to even try rping with far while joe runs around screaming and I quote, "How gay far is."
Funny he would say something like that when he wasn't even here, anything he knows was spoonfed and he took every bit of it to heart.

Post after post of nothing but attacks and shouts of you have no right. Statements made with the sole purpose of dismantling other statements.

You want to better communication and strength of community? How about taking a step in the right direction. There was an attempt by sid, and it was brought crashing down.

Consider this a flame if you will, I call it an acknowledgement.
Inkari Northwind
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i also stated i would like to see you and mtc talk it through and i would be glad to mediate, but thx for just throwing that out there. i have no control on how my guildmate may feel about FAR, but i go out of my way to find some rp interaction thats all if you remember i also told you i would back Barl in the regency and so forth :/ but i never started that flame war but thanks for showing your true colors there pal Confused i never threw your name out there to suger coat anything but i see where this comes from :/ sorry about the confusion, but on another note every time i do find some far to interact with im shunned for interacting with Sanctus which is just very childish, and me and you have talked numerous times over icq about where i can find far to interact go to stormhaven all the time and nothing there, but starting this on the boards instead of just icq'ing me just shows alot thanks alot their mairsil you just showed me why the community split without even takening a step back in time

AKA Kurbda' PwNub
Lord Fong
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You contacted me once true, but I'v attempted to arange meetings a number of times and once specificly with inkari so we could discuss the riders plot. You said you were to tired and then I never heard from you agian. I was under the impression you wanted to keep the contact IG thats why I asked for a meeting....still waiting for a response. Confused
Smiticles
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG will this ever end??

While you battle it out on the boards I'm going to be defending my home of Vesper tonight.

Anyone care to help me out...Gods know my regency isn't doing anything to help.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You call what I said a flame? Let me point some things out to you Mairsil, so that you can have a better understanding of what was really said, and not a jaded view of what many want to believe.

Quote:
Well if we want to get technical, Regency's rule was dissolved when British came back. So they have no real right to rule. It was even said by Nikodemus. But we won't go there just yet.

Note: "If we want to get technical" and "We won't go there just yet."

Quote:
I guess we'll never truly agree on the Regency's credibility when it comes to land claims, as we've heard two different things both IC and OOC. I think it was about a year ago when I heard British in game talking about his ruling council being Aruthen Wudrin and Dupree. But as I said, I'm not going to argue this much as it's too little too late for the RP to go on with this information.

Note: "I'm not going to argue this much as it's too little to late for this RP to go on with this information"

Quote:
I'm not saying they -never- had power. I'm just saying, UO Lore wise, right now, in the eyes of the true Sosarian Government, they don't. But we, as RPers, reserve rights to ignore bits and pieces here or there to make sense for our fun.

Note: "But we, as RPers, reserve the right to ignore bits and pieces here or there to make sense fo our fun."

I did not flame the Regency for doing what they are doing. Hell, I've gone to a few meetings and RP'd with the Regency a bit. Not once. NOT ONCE. Did I ever say -any- of this in character. I was making a general statement OOC, proving a point that we, as RPers, do not always follow UO Lore to its tee. I used the Regency as an example.

Sid did not ATTEMPT to make a compromise. He came here and demanded what he wanted.

Vaen wrote:
What would be an acceptable middleground? I think that's what we're really trying to figure out.

Sid wrote:
that would be a start. considering the the time and effort FAR has put into Moonglow it would be nice if MTC approached it in a different way , I don't have a solution there except for MTC to cease all current activity and think of a new approach

That is not a compromise, that is giving in to one side entirely. He did not come here with a suitable compromise whatsoever. He came here, and said "This is what I think should be done," with no benefits to MTC whatsoever, and all benefits towards the Regency. He came here and says that since FAR/Regency has put in so much time, they deserve it. Nevermind the time MTC has put into it since its rebirth. And contrary to popular belief, MTC was active I think a year and a half ago, and not 4-5 years like some want to believe.

Do I have a suitable compromise right now? No. But I sure as hell will not go to the other side and say "Hey this is what I have for a compromise. You should leave. Now."
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't call it a flame, sure it is acknowledgement, but I don't call it "useful", for the simple fact that you didn't supply any practical alternatives.

I'm working on it. If you too want the community to improve, the best I can suggest is try and put some faith into what I am doing.

Still waiting on guilds to give me their info. I have a good deal but I'm still missing quite a few.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Inkari King of Luna once? I never heard how that continued, I took a break from UO for a couple years. Whatever happened with that, anyway?
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiticles wrote:
OMG will this ever end??

While you battle it out on the boards I'm going to be defending my home of Vesper tonight.

Anyone care to help me out...Gods know my regency isn't doing anything to help.

You are going to be IG?!?!

WHEE!!!!

Very Happy

Shabam 07:41PM actually meet me somewhere!
Shabam 07:41PM I looked at t.v....
Shabam 07:41PM and got lost

Ken 05:39PM You want to see the short of it?
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't using quotes from other posts like that a Steve thing only? KEN IS A THIEF AND A TWINK WHO CANNOT RP! Anyway, good to see things are still overly silly. The Kooj still rocks though.
Inkari Northwind
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

to you cein,

umm we came up with a plot about luna, and how we would work a plot up just to get some action, Tarothin at that time was his own guild and approached me with a plot about how he wanted to control the holy city and use it to control malas as one ultimate power.

so i was like yeah sounds cool, so we came up with a idea that my guild essentially was thrown out! OH NO!! lol so thats when O|S was the last line of defense agianst the necro's to the south, they couldent have the city stand alone! so we had a plot as to where my guild was thrown out and joined Tarothin to Gain control of Luna back and O|S stood against it considering tarothin had evil intensions and inkari's were that of not purity so we warred over control of literaly Luna but ooc i still had K|L but what transpired in game and through spontanious rp i left the city and we made D|O

was one of the greatest plots that actually changed the realm i was apart of The King of Luna falls to the dark side quite a lil epic lol but what made the plot so great is i had to keep the in charcter stuff that happend ooc as well for inkari even tho ooc i had no intentions of keeping him evil had to stay that way for what happend with the plot.

Sorry it's a bit long you can icq me and i'll give ya some more details but yah D|O was a blast wouldent regret leaving Luna not once for what happend great plot, with a great ending, with a great interaction...was reallly my last memory of a good plot in a while really but that was just me lol Embarassed

AKA Kurbda' PwNub
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One quick question...

Regency is using Moonglow...

MTC is using Moonglow...

There are TWO Moonglows, why not use one each if you can't share the sandbox?
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from my point of view.. it looked like both were using it, with no problems...

edit> Thanks Inkari.. I was missing that chunk in history!
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Dowden wrote:
Isn't using quotes from other posts like that a Steve thing only? KEN IS A THIEF AND A TWINK WHO CANNOT RP! Anyway, good to see things are still overly silly. The Kooj still rocks though.

<3 sir!~

Quote:
There are TWO Moonglows, why not use one each if you can't share the sandbox?

MTC already has buildings on tramside. If the regency used felside, then thats that, but that is kinda demanding.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithaniel wrote:
MTC already has buildings on tramside

Isk wrote:
I know that I will be ignoring any outside claims on Magincia especially with the history of the city H-H and my new guild have developed and the fact that I own a house directly on the island / patrol it nightly and have not seen any citizens disenfranchised.

If someone with a house on Mag island comes forward to be involved in the city then I'll listen.

Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What would he do if I came back and claim Magincia...?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: