Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Ophidian Stuffs
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:18 pm Post subject: Ophidian Stuffs Reply with quote

All right. I just want to say "I called it" when I said they were going to get the Terathans involved in this when this all first began. But now they are involving a "Reptile/Demon" alliance (Balrons are now in vesper and other places).

The next step I think is that the Terathans are going to be looking for help. With the "Reptile/Demon" alliance, I am seeing a "Arachnid/Elemental" alliance. Since Reptiles/Arachnids are mortal enemies in UO, so are Demons and Elementals.

If you go to Terathan Keep, there are Ophidians ALL OVER the inside now, fighting Terathans. A couple friends and I on LS actually spawned the champ spawn, and the Ophidian Berserkers took care of the entire spawn, and then we killed the champ.

There's also a few areas that have been editted in Tera Keep. But I'll leave that for you to see. Smile

Anyway... I'm also sensing that Minax has something to do with this. So we have a Minax-Reptile/Demon team versus a Terathan/Elemental/(3rd party-- Players?) team.

Any other takes?
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, I was trying not to get revealed on the south side of papua, i saw The Slayer. I couldn't get close after that, it was swarming.

*sets out to explore Tera keep -again-*

Also, I don't know if this was common knowledge, but, if you kill a red ophidian matriarch, she spawns a few "a plain snake" animals. If you kill them, some have "a slippery snake skin" as loot.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I tried fighting the ophids and sucked pretty badly at it. What I want out of this is some gray food. If someone gets gray food but doesn't want it, could I buy it from them? :O
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have some of mine. It seems like they upped the drop of the ophidian rations.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yayyyy, gray food for me!
Pharix Dacosta
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Ophidian Stuffs Reply with quote

Vaen Swiftar wrote:
All right. I just want to say "I called it" when I said they were going to get the Terathans involved in this when this all first began. But now they are involving a "Reptile/Demon" alliance (Balrons are now in vesper and other places).

The next step I think is that the Terathans are going to be looking for help. With the "Reptile/Demon" alliance, I am seeing a "Arachnid/Elemental" alliance. Since Reptiles/Arachnids are mortal enemies in UO, so are Demons and Elementals.

If you go to Terathan Keep, there are Ophidians ALL OVER the inside now, fighting Terathans. A couple friends and I on LS actually spawned the champ spawn, and the Ophidian Berserkers took care of the entire spawn, and then we killed the champ.

There's also a few areas that have been editted in Tera Keep. But I'll leave that for you to see. Smile

Anyway... I'm also sensing that Minax has something to do with this. So we have a Minax-Reptile/Demon team versus a Terathan/Elemental/(3rd party-- Players?) team.

Any other takes?

I died in terra due to game mechanics...friggin flames.
Dan
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats so great about grey food?!
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to pretend it is undead food. I now have undead muffins >:O
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside Tera Keep is a "Scarred Drone Corpse," and when terathans attack Ophidians, they now say "Drone Killers!"

They might have before, I don't remember.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, also add Ancient Wyrm!!
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, where the hell did that ancient wyrm come from anyway Xandy.. he wasn't there a moment before...

On the topic of Tera Keep. I stealthed in yesterday, and the basement is crawling with the red ophidians. Too much passive reveal! There are definately not enough Terathans in the keep. They always said drone killers, but I'm not sure about the "The treaty is broken!" shout that the ophidians do.
More common shouts:

"Legless Ones!"
"Egg killers!"
"Icky green things!"(somethign like that)
"Clicking bugs!"
"Must attack!"
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Norture wrote:
Hey, I tried fighting the ophids and sucked pretty badly at it. What I want out of this is some gray food. If someone gets gray food but doesn't want it, could I buy it from them? :O

Everyone sucks at fighting the ophids. I read up on it... They have almost a second type of resist besides phys/fire/cold/poison/energy, where, if you don't use a power/vanq/mystic wep (the actual title is the key, not the DI on it), you won't break that secondary buffer.

So really, if you get a vanq or mystic tera bardiche, they are going to slaughter them faster than anything else.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they said the treaty is broken too. I used to lure them on eachother in the front of tera keep.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a berserker spawn since that recent patch a day ago. Anyone else notice this?
Xandria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't either, which bums me. Though, I was killing a beserker with about five other people's help before the latest patch. On my archer, her mystic was great. On my swords, I did better with an ophid slayer than the mystic (I actually saw a 6!). However, I never did get a cursed artie. Just gold bricks.

*begins pouting*
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: