Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Spark of... Inspiration?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 pm Post subject: Spark of... Inspiration? Reply with quote

To all you scoundrels and fightmongers out there, ever wanted somewhere you could go and "Get away from it all". I had a moment of inspiration today and was considering maybe weekly or monthly or what not, knife fights.

My basic concept would revolve around a teir for the night, two fighters at a time.

They would engage one another using whatever dirty fighting tactics and what not they could muster to defeat one another. Only basic clothing would be allowed, no armor and what not. Perhaps jewlery would be acceptable.

One would fight with knives only, whether that be a butcher's knife, skinning knife, dagger or assassin spike (I believe those would be the only weapon types allowable) to the "Death".

But I just had this idea and was wondering if I would get any support for it. I'll draft some official involvment regulations (Being that it will be a scoundrel type affiliation of fighters there wouldn't be too many rules) and would then start work on the ring. Maybe a nonchalant type building with a ring in the basement or whatnot. Something inconspicuous. Maybe this could lead to further lightbringer interaction as well, as something along these lines may be frowned upon (Being the house I would be using is in luna) if they authorities ever got word of it. Tossing it out there and was wondering if it would garnsih any following. Lend me your thoughts, concerns, and supports if applicable. Thanks.
audrina
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i'm always up for fighting haha
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Knife fights sound great. Sort of like a fight club for people who like small sharp objects.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun idea.

From a PvP perspective, you may have to limit the knives to GM made, or standard NPC bought knives, as well as limit poison to a certain level. Lethal Poison and certain hit mods can kill an unarmored opponent in a matter of seconds.
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Halister, I was mulling over poison tonight, and I think I'll restrict it to lesser, maybe lvl 2. As for the knives, I assumed that should be done as well, I'll have to figure out something though to involve basic ubws knives so macers can possibly attend. And exactly Isk, shinny bladed fight club hehe.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any help "balancing" out the mechanics, feel free to message me up and we can run through some tests to see what causes imbalances and what should be restricted to keep things as "fair" as a rogue's knife fight can be.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Great Malorn. Different. It would be interesting to see how we fight with basic stuff and no mods. I am totally up for it. Very Happy
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The Damned is down, we can send some Daemons in human form.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and if I didnt fight I would certainly attend to watch!
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see people aboard. And thanks for the input. I'm gonna begin work on refining a set of rules and set up the house for it.
Ditto Armunn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have Imryrr do it if she wasn't half paralyzed....hmm..I do have a scoundrel knight. Hmm.. Sounds Fun! Say When & Where.

My bet's on Cloudster, but only if it's a butter knife and he's neked, and drunk irl. He does his best pvp that way.
(thats neked ingame, not rl...only drunk irl...I have no idea what he wears irl when he's fighting, *shivers, wiping away the icky thought*)

The idea reminds me of the Gladiator arena Cloud did a great while back & that was tons of fun. If this is half that, heck, I'd be regular for sure. Either participating or just watching...maybe I'd switch off. hehe I'm getting excited about the fun this idea could bring.

*goes to see if she overlooked the when/where*

Quote: "Oh Great! First I get stabbed and now I'm bleeding!" - Ditto
[quote="Tarothin Armunn"]I know and I have mood swings like a pregnant woman at times. :/ I'm very random.[/quote]
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be at my house, which is just north of Luna. I thought the location would be interesting for Rp purposes being that it would lend to us possibly being found out and persecuted, but either way. When has yet to be decided and I am just now working out a basic rule set for it. Nothing spectacular. I want fighting freedom, but it will be far restricted equipment wise.

As I mentioned it will be a teir like system, and maybe after the bulk fighting of the night is over it will be an open floor for anyone remaining and regulars and the like. I hope it's alot of fun however it evolves.
NOT Malorn
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s a tentative basic set of rules.

---

No armor
No jewelry
No talismans
Only basic clothing (No vet robes/cloaks, crimson cinctures or other artifact clothing)
GM knife weapons only allowed.
-Knife weapon is defined as Butcher Knife, Skinning Knife, Cleaver, Dagger, Assassin Spike
-Weapons are allowed to have one additional mod above basic GM, being UBWS
No Necromantic forms are allowed.
The use of any poison above lesser is prohibited.
All offensive spell casting is prohibited.
No greater explosion, explosion or Conflagration potions are allowed. Lesser are fine.

---

I limited poison because, as Halister mentioned, the higher levels just do too much damage. I also decided against conflagration and greater explosion potions because, again they do to much damage. Without any EP, greater explosion potions do about 45 damage to an unarmored person while lesser do about 15 which is more allowable. The same goes for offensive spells, like holy light, necromantic spells, and mage spells. They will simply do too much damage. I thought Necromantic forms were a no go because of the large advantage they will gift necromancers. The extra damage and the hp regeneration from the beast form would be substantial as would the leech from the vampire form. The wraith form gifts physical resist, the lich form would be fine, but it would be foolish to use it in a setting like this.

Everything else (I set more restrictions than I wanted too, but I believe the ones I have set are necessary. If you do not agree, please tell me with reason, These are only tentative rules, and most are subject to consideration and redefinition.) is fine.

I’d like people to have fun with their tactics of approaching this, and I don’t want to limit people too much. To much limit, limits fun. Though I think this puts everyone on a pretty level field and should grant some fun interaction and some good ole fashioned fighting. I’m not above people using emotes in their fights, if both fighters agree on that prior and are willing to have fun with it. I’ve had some really fun emote fights. Basically anything you want to cook up, excluding anything against the rules.

I’m going to test all the spells I’ve excluded again and revise from there. I’d like to allow as much as possible, but a 110 eval, 100 inscript mage dropping an explosion at the beginning of the fight isn’t going to be any fun because it’s going to be an insta kill. I want it to be pretty fair and pretty basic, but fun and evolutionary. Whatever you can think of within these lines. And as I said, I’d like feedback and thoughts. These are tentative and there are more of them than I wanted. But perhaps there are not enough. Please, any thoughts. Thanks for all the enthusiasm in this idea.
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same idea except quarter staff fights.

This does sound like a lot of fun.
Cat Lyxen
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:22 am Post subject: hehehe Reply with quote

How about scissors?? Very Happy

Seriously it sounds like fun , I make a pretty good cheerleader!
'I'll end with an edit to Ditto's post since she obviously doesn't grasp the man code.......................having your sister entertained by another gentleman gives you clearance to entertain their sister without retribution while taking care of mom leads to a blood fued which can only end in death" Gnarlug
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: