Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Summit Suggestion

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:19 am Post subject: Summit Suggestion Reply with quote

I would propose that we make the Summit "invisible" unless you have access. This would reduce the number of people who want access simply because the board has activity as they wouldnt realize there is activity.

This, going hand in hand with updated guild access lists, would do wonders for that board.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I'd say one step further and if you can't ACCESS the board, you shouldn't be able to see it. This includes employee lounge, of course. Just cleans it up of unnecessary visuals.
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with forums such as the employee lounge. My personal preference is a streamlined forum that does not consist of pages of various under-used forums that the majority cannot access.

If the Summit is made invisible, then we will need to have clear indication of its existence outlined on the GA board, newer guild masters with few community contacts will need to have immediate awareness of that specific resource.

I'll speak with Molly and see what her ideas on the subject are.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In conjunction with that, I will again suggest the summit's access list be more closely maintained. many of the people on it are no longer guildmasters, and whenever I point this out, anywhere from two to a half dozen get snipered off and thats that. About two or three times in the past, I would make a comment that could 'maybe' be interpreted as me no longer being guild leadership, or taking a break from the game, my access was removed within hours. Either that standard needs to be upheld for everyone, or a new system of determining guild leaders needs devised.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithaniel wrote:
In conjunction with that, I will again suggest the summit's access list be more closely maintained. many of the people on it are no longer guildmasters, and whenever I point this out, anywhere from two to a half dozen get snipered off and thats that. About two or three times in the past, I would make a comment that could 'maybe' be interpreted as me no longer being guild leadership, or taking a break from the game, my access was removed within hours. Either that standard needs to be upheld for everyone, or a new system of determining guild leaders needs devised.

I'll get that addressed as well, I've seen a few names on there that are no longer needed. I'll ICQ Molly and get her approval on some removals.

As a side note, I appreciate the feedback - anymore suggestions would be great, Molly and I are working hard on refining what we current have and upgrading the boards to PHPBB 3 (once it is officially supported) and adding a slew of new enhancements. Anything that can be addressed now will clear up time to add new functionality to the boards in the future.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update,

The Summit list has been pruned and an entire page of inactive GM's removed.

All of the current members are GM's of guilds or acting representatives of community guilds. We will go through the names on a monthly basis to check the validity of a members status as guildmaster, removing or changing permissions as appropriate.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The Summit and Employee Lounge are now invisible for those who do not have access. There is a post on the Great Assembly boards notifying members of it's existence and how to obtain access. This post is mirrored in the Community Standards section.

If you know a guildmaster who is not currently on the list - please tell them to post in response to be added.
Elric Wiseheart
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:19 pm Post subject: Summit access Reply with quote

Please re-add Elric Wiseheart to the summit access list.

Co-gm of the Phoenix Knights of Yew
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Summit access Reply with quote

Elric Wiseheart wrote:
Please re-add Elric Wiseheart to the summit access list.

Co-gm of the Phoenix Knights of Yew

All set.

If there is anyone who was accidentally removed, send me off a private message and I'll look into it.

The majority of guildmasters had individual permissions set for the summit and were not in the Guildmaster user group, when the forum was set to invisible, those users with manual permissions could not view the forum. I am working on setting all those with manual permissions to group permissions.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work! Hurrah for the democratic process!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: