Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

New member: #poerkdowload

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Toren Smythe
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:11 am Post subject: New member: #poerkdowload Reply with quote

.... Should prolly be removed? Seems like an addbot to me...
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Got him. They have been stepping up lately, I've been killing 6-7 a day.

Once we upgrade these boards I'll get the spam bot problem under control, until then we just need to keep up with the sign-ups.
Toren Smythe
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing Wink
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the forum have an option for removing incomplete registrations if they do not confirm the registration in such and such a time? Only people that actively want to join will finish it, so I turned that on for our NWN2 boards and set it down to 2 days. If they somehow fail to do it in two days they can just have the registration email resent.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithaniel wrote:
Does the forum have an option for removing incomplete registrations if they do not confirm the registration in such and such a time? Only people that actively want to join will finish it, so I turned that on for our NWN2 boards and set it down to 2 days. If they somehow fail to do it in two days they can just have the registration email resent.

Unfortunately it doesn't. PHPBB 2 is quite limited as it stands.

The best we can do at this time is require Administrator approval of new members before they become active, which Molly currently has enabled.

What I'm going to do is add a "required field" custom field with a simple question such as "How many hours are in a day?" and set the value to be 24-24.

When users register, they will have to input the correct number to continue, and bots cannot read and answer this question, as they do not have the capacity.

This will fully eliminate the spam bot problem - however implementing this mod now would only cause it to break once we upgrade to PHPBB3. This is why we are waiting until it's release before any major work is done.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we plugged PHPpbb2 into the Flux Capacitor we might be able to reroute the power into the Gigaflux Reactivator and activate the Continuum Transfunctioner to prevent spam-bots. What'd ya say?
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailos wrote:
Perhaps if we plugged PHPpbb2 into the Flux Capacitor we might be able to reroute the power into the Gigaflux Reactivator and activate the Continuum Transfunctioner to prevent spam-bots. What'd ya say?

I'm not entirely sure that would work, the Interstitial Vortex Combobulator would need to be inverted to the Mega Fragmentation Automation, thereby "de-combobulating" the Vector Transfixer, allowing the Continuum Transfunctioner to fully accept the ion charge from the Gigaflux Reactivator, essentially transforming the Spam Bots into chocolate raindrops.
Molly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh but I love chocolate raindrops. Can't we just try it? Crying or Very sad
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Will Kaldhel
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot you need the Q31 space modulater to act as a filter, and at uo prices the cost will be unbelievable
Opportunity is the stepping stone to victory

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: