Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A letter to the Grand Duchess Molly Kaldhel...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic
King Sidhe
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:57 pm Post subject: A letter to the Grand Duchess Molly Kaldhel... Reply with quote

Dearest Molly,

Duchess, I am at a pained place in my life, and I hope to find some solace soon. There are threats and plots afoot that seem to center around you, and I have seen some things that make me worry for your well being. Between the specific threats, and the war, I feel that your well being in is jeopardy. As you liegeman I am torn between my duty to the court, and my duty to you personally.

Several moons ago, I was privy to a meeting between the Lord Talon Skyfire, and some disreputable souls. Glavius and myself approached you shortly after with concerns after this meeting where we had been called to serve as guards. I am going to lay it on the line, and tell you that in my time with the court, I have had some concerns about Lord Talon, and his ability to serve the court as it’s General. I do not feel confident in his ability to command troops in battle. The war that we are in is a distraction from other important matters that put both the alliance and yourself at risk, and has been a protracted engagement with no headways made.

Personally, I feel that Lord Talon’s tactics prove a lack of confidence. The battle should be carried to the enemy’s front door, instead we cower behind walls of the castle upon his order. I have yet to see the general lift his own blade in defense of this alliance, and I am not the only one that wonders about his abilities or his drive.

My duty to you compels that I ask the Lord Talon, (I refuse to call him king, because he is not my king) to prove himself to me and others with these same doubts. I would request your leave to challenge him to a duel, so that he might prove his mettle on the battlefield to me and others. I do not offer this challenge out of malice or hate, but out of a concern for the safety of my liege lady, and the alliance. For unless there is some faith by all that serve that he is capable of leading us in this war, we will surely fail.

Please advise your loyal servant, how to best approach this challenge. For it is not done out of spite, but out of concern. If he refuses my challenge, that proves his inability to lead others in battle. If he falls on the field, it might show his bravery, but we would still be best served to find a more competent leader. If he is victorious, then he will have proven himself to me, and I would gladly follow him onto the field of battle.

When I first came to you, I told you of an old adage that I adhere to…”Loyalty begets loyalty.” There is another concept that I follow, “If you can’t lead, get out of the way.” I question his ability to lead us in these troubled times, and ask for some confidence in his ability to do so.

Sincerely,

Lord King Sidhe
Your loyal servant
Molly

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend,

Allow me this, a time to discuss this view of yours in person. I will be available the next few evenings and will be happy to meet with you to discuss this. I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing. I thank you for all you are doing to insure my safety.

Do keep in mind, my friend that brute force is not always the way to prove one's ability to lead, but education in the art of war and intelligent implementation of that knowledge is as valuable as that physical proof you desire. We live in a time when we must use all our assets to win the day, not only strength of body but of mind and the wise use of both.

I will speak with you more of your dilemma and the results when we speak in person. I look forward to the meeting and we will find a solution that will work for all concerned.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
King Sidhe
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:14 pm Post subject: A letter to the Grand Duchess Molly Kaldhel... Reply with quote

M'Lady,

I will gladly meet with you at your conveinence. Tis always a pleasure to talk with thee, even in rough times like we face these days.

Your humble vassal,
Lord King Sidhe
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: