Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Dark Priest

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Evoroth
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 am Post subject: The Dark Priest Reply with quote

Evoroth's eyes opened, he sat up and looked around. He immediately recognized his surroundings as being the unpopulated city of the gargoyles... Vas Lor Reg. He opened his mouth and tried to speak but only a feint gasping voice emerged from him. He felt weak, weaker then he ad ever felt before, he felt as if he didnt deserve to even be alive in this condition. How could someone like him have decayed into such a helpless individual.

Despite the low tone of his words, guards right outside of his room were quick to rush in and meet him. One looked to the other and then looked down, both deciding who was going to attempt to talk to him today.

"Who are you two?" Evoroth gasped, this time in a voice a bit stronger then his previous exhale but still barely understandable.
"Vulddon." one replied.
"Where are my previous caretakers?"
"Lord Evoroth, we go through this daily, they are gone."
With that Evoroth rolled off to the side of the bed, planted both feet on the ground and attempted to stand up. His weakened legs collapsed below him forcing him to fall backward again resting against the bed. Embarassed he turned his head to face the wall and began speaking again.
"Go through what daily? I have only been awake from my entombment only a few weeks at best. Where is everything?"

Vulddon and his counterpart Mishka looked at each other very confused. This was the first time in over a year that they actually had heard him speak of actual events and remember anything other then what he was told.

"Lord Evoroth, you have been released from your entombment in the mountain for nearly fourteen months. You began recovering well regaining your powers and then one day, you were out practicing your spells and then simply overtaxed yourself and you once again passed out."
"Impossible!"
"No far from impossible.. each day you awoke and sat up in bed asking the most ridiculous things, almost as if you had amnesia and could not remember what you had been told just houws prior. Your mind had decayed however your youthful appearance remained as if something was keeping you alive."

Evoroth looked down to the floor and attempted to stand up again this time reaching across to grab ahold of a table to help brace himself. He looked up at the extremely tall gargoyle, dressed in very royal like garments for a garoyles style. "Who are you again?" he spit out.

"Vulddon, the now grand commander of our forces here, we had no need to have a defense until the desert outside of the city walls plagued our city with an attack of astronomical proportions."
"Attack?"
"Yes, weeks after you drifted into your coma like sleep we were attacked by legions of elementals rising up from the sand. Fortunately you had commanded us to build an army of Golems for your own use, but all of which lay destroyed below the shifting sands of the desert."

Evoroth looked around confused more then he was upon waking up. He opened his mouth again starting to ask for some clothes and his spellbook but was quickly interrupted by the gargoyle who appeared as if he was growing in inches as he stood there before him.

"Lord Evoroth, now that you are awake and apparently are moving forward mentally with your thoughts, I must ask something of you."
Evoroth looked up and raised an eyebrow.
"Leave....." even Vulddon who was far stronger apparently and loked as if he could crush Evoroth in a single blow began to hesistate in his request and choke on his words suddenly. He had heard stories of what powers the young mage once possesed and didnt want to anger him. "We have suffered nothing but plagues, have devoted too many resources to take care of you, and now you are awake and can handle yourself. I regret to say we simply cannot do this anymore, you came to us not out of choice and we protected you because of who you were, but it must end now so we can continue our lives."

Evoroth glared at him with a look that sent chill down both gargoyles spines and then he dropped his jaw slightly and simply said, "I understand." After another slight pause he looked down at the floor then once more up at the gargoyle. "Can you build me one last war machine to protect me and help me train physically until my powers are restored? Once I leave here and return amongst people I know, I will have a unlimited flow of gold and I will repay you for all your efforts in due time. Just give me my spellbooks, and some clothes please and a shroud of some sort so that I can hide my identity to those who may attempt to harm me until I am more stable."
"Those requests are very do-able sir. Again we all sincerely apolo.."
"Save your apologies" Evoroth interupted as he wrapped blanket around his shoulders and face and tightly gripped a walking staff that was leaning against the wall. "There is no need to apologize, I've burdened you all beyond what I should have and am greatly appreciative. Please just ready my things so I can venture to leave Illshenar."
Where will you go and what will you do?" Vulddon got out of his mouth as Evoroth strolled past him each step looking more stable then the previous one.

"My friend.. I will go back to the lands inhabitated by people, find out the new politics of things without revealing who I am. I will attempt to make contact with those who have supported me in the past.. and most of all, I will do what I have always done........Survive."

With that he turned again and walked to the balcony that overlooked the city and let out a sigh. He did not know if Molly still lived, he did not know if old friends like Vaen Swiftar still lived, all he knew was that he was still alive.. somehow.. for some strange reason. he would go into town covered and unrecognizable disguised as a someone harmless until he could find out such things. And most importantly... he needed to build a following so he could have people ready to fight alongside him and protect him until he reached the pinnacle of his powers once again.

Evoroth would indeed survive.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: