Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

News: New PvP Changes!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:09 pm Post subject: News: New PvP Changes! Reply with quote

New PvP Changes

These are on Test Center now, looking a lot better than what we have now.

Last edited by Halister Marner on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very delicious changes.

Now if they will just get rid of blessing and insuring items Wink
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like them at all...I wanna keep my gimpness
Pestilence
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it so far.
Doireann
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all but one of these.

Quote:
1. Weapon special moves now require Weapon Skill and Tactics of appropriate skill levels. (i.e., 70 in each skill for primary weapon special moves, 90 in each skill for secondary weapon special moves).
a. Exceptions to the Tactics requirement are the following:
i. Wrestling special moves.
ii. Shadowstrike since it already requires 80 Stealth to perform.
iii. Infecting Strike since it already requires Poisoning skill to be effective.

I understand, it is to stop the tank mage, but what about those of us who have anatomy instead of tactics! It should allow either anatomy or tactics. I don't mind raising anat on my tank mage, but tactics??
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Anatomy + eval provides too much of an advantage to a tank mage to allow special moves.

Essentially with Anat + Eval when you disarm a tank mage he would still maintain defense ability equal to gm wrestling.

The real annoyance to us tank mages however is the fact that we cannot combine, even with tactics, the use of a special move + a precasted spell.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That, beleth, is going to kill warriors just as much. Prepping a special, and casting a heal... then having to re-prep the special.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

also, many of us warriors dropped tactics because with the 35 cap on most specials, tactics doesn't add anything as far as damage. A few only hit 33, but 90 tactics to add the extra two points? We have anatomy because we have to have it for healing.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate them

They needed to nerf the hell out of nerve strike, I'm glad that is happening.

But they are killing alchemists, and to those of us who really use it in our templates and don't just stack EP and chug heals all day it is rather unfair.

I also hate the tactics thing, they need to make up their mind on whether the skill is useful or not.

Nerfing Death strike I understand, but to make it require hiding AND stealth to make it any good? Ridiculous. I've worked ninja three or four times now, not one of those characters uses stealth. That makes practically every one of the very few spells of ninja form useless unless you have stealth.

I guess it makes sense that ninjas should have stealth but still, seems stupid in my opinion.

Oh, also, what toren said. The re prepping specials thing is going to be annoying too.
Narcissa
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Grrr...... Evil or Very Mad is what I say to the purposed changes. Specifically,

1. Needing tactics to perform weapon specials-I mean it is a weapon special, not a tactic! I agree with Dory, Anat or tactics. Seems over kill to have both for 3 more dmg points.

2. Not being able to prep a special and cast- most the time I am casting a heal, maybe if we can cast non offensive spells with out it unpreping I would be ok with that.

3. Lastly, seems a bit harsh to cap the alchemist so drastically. Yes Capping them is fine but to 50? Sheesh. Why not cap it at 100% or even as low as 75% (so they don't have to lower the ecru rings)

There were more that irked me but those stood out.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Beleth wrote:
The real annoyance to us tank mages however is the fact that we cannot combine, even with tactics, the use of a special move + a precasted spell.

Thats a pain for paladins as well, it will take a bit of getting used to.

I don't have much trouble with the changes, I'll be dropping healing on my warrior and picking up med, since 4/6 chivalry is enough to keep fully healed at will.

As far as meditation goes, Noxin on Stratics posted a new meditation calculator here.

"old calc" is using the current mana regeneration formulas, while the "new calc" is using the new mana regeneration formulas.
Toren Smythe
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of annoying... because the only chars of mine not being affected are my very very gimp and effective characters. If they meant to balance pvp they just did a horrible job and made it even more difficult for warriors to be any good at all. My tank mage will hardly be effected except for the special prepping with a spell, but even that doesn't matter as much on him as it did for my warriors.
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

They should make it like the old days where all you needed to own someone was and axe and some bandages.
X'eros De'Vir
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Doireann wrote:
I love all but one of these.

Quote:
1. Weapon special moves now require Weapon Skill and Tactics of appropriate skill levels. (i.e., 70 in each skill for primary weapon special moves, 90 in each skill for secondary weapon special moves).
a. Exceptions to the Tactics requirement are the following:
i. Wrestling special moves.
ii. Shadowstrike since it already requires 80 Stealth to perform.
iii. Infecting Strike since it already requires Poisoning skill to be effective.

I understand, it is to stop the tank mage, but what about those of us who have anatomy instead of tactics! It should allow either anatomy or tactics. I don't mind raising anat on my tank mage, but tactics??

Yeah, I do not like the requirment of Tactics to the template in order to use the weapon moves. I do have 120 tactics stored on my soulstone; but it took forever for me to part with it the first time, now it will be difficult to part with another skill. Damn EA and their tactics requiring pvp change!!! Evil or Very Mad

I may just drop healing and anatomy for bushido and tactics. and completely drop my meditation.

And if they are going to change pets in PVP can they at least improve the performance of a reptalon in pvp??

Last edited by X'eros De'Vir on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

These changes were brought about by people who do nothing but PvP. Trust me when I say that all of these changes have valid reasons, and really are for the better of the balance of the game.

Yes, including the re-prepping of special moves Wink
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: