Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

On Assassination (long)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mave Gerhart
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I had forgot about this thread too hehe, glad to see it again. Any idea when we will see, or not see as the case may be Twisted Evil , this in action?

"If you have to explain why it makes RP sense, then odds are it doesn't" -Leshok (or his DM)

[01:48] Deathwisp: well I always rub the fuzzy part before I pull it off
[01:48] Mave: ...what?
[01:49] Deathwisp: you know, the fuzzy... nvm
Murdoc
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know these ideas are already in action. Wink
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, just let me know if I need to war any assassin guilds.

"If you have to explain why it makes RP sense, then odds are it doesn't" -Leshok (or his DM)

Murdoc
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Blood Rogues need to be warred by those who haven't warred us yet
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have a question and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, if so I apologize, but what if the assassin is killed instead of the mark, whether by bodyguards or by the actual mark? Is there anything that can be determined from the assassin's body? Is the mark automatically assigned to another assassin or does the deal have to be renogiated or what?

Murdoc
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure exactly Mave... but Murdoc doesn't carry any hitlists... or anything that'd give anything away... and well I don't plan on getting killed.. I"ll wait till the target is alone even if i have to wait a month or two.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mave Gerhart wrote:
Oh, I have a question and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, if so I apologize, but what if the assassin is killed instead of the mark, whether by bodyguards or by the actual mark? Is there anything that can be determined from the assassin's body? Is the mark automatically assigned to another assassin or does the deal have to be renogiated or what?

The assassin, in most cases, should not die in the process of a job. If it looks like he's going to die, the assassin should shadowstrike and stealth off and try to get away. Death by the mark is a bad situation and that is where you are pretty much caught. Even though this would be a rare situation, it is possible. In this case, do what should always be done: RP. Res the mark, maybe call in your guild, or bounty hunters, or anyone, get the assassin into custody. (Maybe if it's only you there, he'd be able to sneak away, if you're not careful.) You could bring him to your jail, or other containment center and try to get answers out of him. You probably wouldn't want to kill him again, since you could find out things like who the person that hired was and how much he paid, or his motives. Maybe you could even pay him double to go back and kill the guy that hired him? It'd probably be easy for him to set up a meeting alone... Or, maybe make the assassin have a fake meeting where your guild would be waiting to capture the guy? Lots of possibilites... As for the actual system, I'd say the assassination is null if the assassin is killed on the job (not after it.) There is no "retries," BUT the person that hired could hire again, or hire a different assassin (maybe a better one this time Wink).

Anyways, hope that clears things up. Also, the stone is up and running now. Send the war invites to "The Rogue Underground."

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if the assassin is killed and captured, his identity is not -always- found out. It is possible to find it out through RP, but the assassin could have a disguise on and simply lie about his name. Even in this case, though, anything is possible. Just let everything be guided by the RP.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Dymm.
Inglacio
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to RPing, so many of you, or probably all of you execpt for Malo will not know me. I don't have as much RP experience as the others, but I do have Assassin experience. I do all of my 'assassinations' in Felucca. Your ideas sound great for RP in this community, as to the one where the assassin waits around in the area after the kill. Anyone who has ever played and or 'tracked' an assassin.. knows it's a little more difficult than it appears to be. You are right though, in order to be used as a 'true assassin' in the RP community, all assassination attempts will have to be in secret, and only known to the middleman and contractor. Surprise attacking, as I hear it, is frowned upon in the RP community, but in order for an assassin to be an 'assassin' it has to be stealthy, quick, and precise in the assassination of it's 'marks'. Even then you have the problem of people getting upset because they were 'ganked' or 'attacked unfairly without warning'. If GM's abide by all our the rules implemented, than you idea is perfect, with little to no flaws.

For those who should know....
Domingo De Silos - Silent Stalker (Felucca)
Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bump*

So anyway, beyond my weekly AoF meetings, you won't be seeing Arlin around much the next few days. Comes with bein' assassinated and all. I'm paying it out mostly as the poisen ahas pretty much dibilitated him.

There will still be guards in Yew though, dont you worry.
Snarfu (ORC Warboss)
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So, on an OOG note, how do I find more out about this?

Either as a mark middleman assassin or buyer.

Who can I contact via ICQ about this whole thing?

-Snarfu
Dymm Crowley
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the original post, things have been put into motion. I've created the guild, the Rogue Underground [Ace], we've had some kills and lots of roleplay.

If you need to contact me for anything, my ICQ is 158921472.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: