Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Smilies

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Doireann
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:18 am Post subject: Smilies Reply with quote

When you all disabled the banana smilies, something happened that I thought was temp. I can't post smilies other than the boring ones to the left of the message screen. I click on them and nothing. Can someone help please? *inserts the much wanted praying smilie here*
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if you were using Internet Explorer, so I opened the forums in IE for the first time...what a mess.

I just spent the past hour fixing up all the IE problems I could find without breaking Firefox and Opera.

Try the smilies now, if they still don't work, add the forums to your "trusted webpage" list under your popup blocker (the "View More Emoticons" button opens up a new window that will be blocked by Internet Explorer by default)

You can do this by going to "Tools" "Popup Blocker" "Popup Blocker Settings" then adding "www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum" to the trusted sites list.

jedifight
Toren Smythe
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a simple fix Dory. Go to this link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-2.0.0.6&os=win&lang=en-US

And rock out.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me on IE. I'd switch to Firefox if it didn't explode on me every time I try. Crying or Very sad
Toren Smythe
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww... That's the worst news I've heard all day.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:33 am Post subject: Re: Smilies Reply with quote

Doireann wrote:
When you all disabled the banana smilies, something happened that I thought was temp. I can't post smilies other than the boring ones to the left of the message screen. I click on them and nothing. Can someone help please? *inserts the much wanted praying smilie here*

It is a sign!! The banana humping vengence movement has begun!!!
Doireann
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, still not working. all the smilies opens up not just the pop-up, but also in the post a reply board too.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check that the boards are added to your trusted zone under the popup blocker, also make sure that any popup blocking programs you have installed on your system allow popups from the boards.

I've tested it on IE on several systems and checked the forum code and it seems to work fine, so there may be a setting somewhere or a program installed on your system that is causing the new window not to open.

If you haven't run windows update to update your browser you should give that a try, an outdated version of Internet Explorer could definitely have some problems with opening links.

I increased the size of the smilie window in case your window is moved far to the side or out of view, other than the above recommendations, I can only suggest giving Firefox out a try.
Doireann
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how this is going I might go with Firefox. It pops up, no problem, but as I said, the main window also has the smilie pop up appear.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it pops up but when you click the smilies nothing happens?

The insert code for the smilies is javascript based, it could be a scripting problem with your browser.

Try this page and see if javascript is working correctly:

http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/explorit/java/JavaScript.html
Doireann
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem! I go to the second page, and it totally freezes. Tried three times, freezing each time. Thank you. Now... to fix my java script reader thing, and figuring out how to. *grins*
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the following may work...

1. Run Windows Updates and make sure everything is up to date.

2. Re-Install Java from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

3. If it still doesn't work, you can try to re-install the base Windows Scripting package. This can be dangerous, depending on your current computing environment, and you should only do this if you are prepared to handle possible errors resulting from a reinstall. The scripting components are located here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA

4. If that doesn't work still, click on "Tools" "Internet Options" goto "Security" and add the forum (http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/) under the "Trusted Zone" then click "Apply" Next, back at the main Internet Options window, click "advanced" then "Restore Settings to Default" then "Apply".

5. If none of the above works, then use Firefox Wink
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: