Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Samon Triest - A Summary Through a Dream

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:59 pm Post subject: Samon Triest - A Summary Through a Dream Reply with quote

He opened the door to the museum slowly. He was tired after the evenings training. "I am to old for this." he thought to himself. He drug himself up the stairs slowly, each step hurting more than the last. He walked up to the golden chest sitting on the table. He felt under the table the chest was sitting on. "Aha!" he said, he pulled a small key out from under the table. He inserted it into the keyhole in the chest, turning it ever so to the left. The chest popped open. Inside was filled almost to the brim with gold coins. He tossed a handful into the chest, then closed it, turning the key to the right, and placing it back into its hiding place in a quick, swift motion. He walked to the only door in the upstairs area of the museum, he opened the door slowly. Peering his head inside, he checked for anyone that might be hidden. Why he stuck his head in there, no one will know, seeing how any hidden person could have just chopped it clean off. Happy with the fact that no one was in the room, he opened the door fully, stepping into the room. He closed the door. He tossed his bag of junk on the floor by the bed. He slipped his doublet off, kicked his boots off into a corner, and took off the fancy shirt he was wearing. He climbed into his bed. He leaned over, blowing out the candle next to the bed. "So much running tonight..." he thought to himself. Within seconds, he was fast asleep...

"Mother, mother! You can't believe what I saw!" the little boy, no older than eight, shouted excitedly as he ran up to the door of the small house. "What did you see, Samon?" his mother asked him as he barreled through the door. "I saw the militia marching! All of them! They looked amazing! All dressed in the same blue! It was the greatest thing ever!" he said quickly, almost to the point his mother could not understand him. He was breathing heavily having run all the way from the city of Moonglow. "GreyPawn was there too! The Mayor! He gave me a little bag of gold!" he said as he held up a small pouch of gold containing no more than six gold pieces. "He gave it to me, mother! The Mayor handed it to me!" he shouted with vigor and excitement. "I am going to wear militia blue someday, mother! I promise! I will make you proud!"

=====================================================

"Watch out, son. If that rope catches your leg, it will drag you off the docks and down into water." a middle age man said. "Yes, sir!" the young man said, this time, he was around twelve. "Keep working hard like this, Samon, and maybe you can take over as the unloading foreman when I die." his father stated. "Well, father, lets hope that is when I am around seventy!" he said, letting out a small chuckle after the statement left his lips. The two men, father and son, spent the day working hard on the docks of Moonglow, loading and unloading the cargo ships that would sail in and sail out of the port. "Wow, father works so hard, yet he has been in the same position for so long. Why don't they let him be the dock keeper? He could do it!" he thought to himself. He was getting tired, it was already late in the day, and he had been lifting and lugging heavy crates all around the docks that day. "I know I can do better than this. I will make sure father doesn't have to work much longer! He won't grow old working here, that is for sure!"

======================================================

Pouring rain...lightning crashes off into the distance, the clouds rolling together, causing the booming sound of thunder. They stood there, father and son... The boy looks almost the same as he had before, a year older at most. "Why, father?" he asked, his face wet, but not all because of the rain. "It was her time, Samon. The Gods needed her, we cannot question that." his father said. He looked up at his father, the older man was trying to keep a strong face for his son, but it was next to impossible. His father wrapped his arms around his son, and they held on to each other, sobbing while the rain poured down on them...

"They are the weaker race, yet they take from what is ours! They slip into positions of power, they sleep with our men and women, causing devil spawn to be conceived! We must put an end to this! This cannot go on!"
He watched the man in the white porcelain mask closely. He was charismatic beyond belief. The young man, sixteen at this point, sat fixated on his every word. It was all so true. "Why do we allow them to infiltrate our cities, our cultures? They must be stopped before they take over! Gods forbid one becomes Regent!" he thought to himself. He stood there watching the masked man speak for another hour. He covered topics regarding all races. He spoke intensely on how the Elven females would seduce the Human males with promises of immortality and power. He said that only the weak of the Human men would accept such an offer. He spoke on the Orcish Hordes, how they were nothing more than mindless killing machines who destroyed all in their path. He made jokes of the short stature of the dwarves, most notably the King of the Dwarves, Theodore Axehand. The masked man spoke truths. There was no denying it. After the rally ended, the masked man announced that he was leaving Moonglow. He said there was a Human City State that he and some like minded Humans were establishing in Magincia. A place where Humanity could be free of the evil trickery and injustices that the non-human races were trying to enact on Humanity. The young man decided then and there that he would follow him to Magincia...even if it meant leaving his home...and father behind.

"They look larger than life..." he thought to himself. He stood to the back of the crowd, just behind two rather large men, and a woman who was a bit portly. There was the masked man again, standing on what seemed to be a stage built just for this occasion. Next to him was a tall, brown haired man. This man stood a head taller than the masked man, yet stood to the side, letting the masked man speak freely. The crowd began to chant the name Isk. Samon could not resist joining in. He began to yell with the crowd. "Isk! Isk! Isk!" The masked man, now known as Isk, motioned for the crowd to quiet. He began to speak to the crowd, but the manner in which he spoke seemed as if he was talking directly to Samon. "Today is a great day in the history of Humanity!" he shouted. The crowd roared in celebration. He began speaking again, the crowd silencing in a flash. "Today, Magincia is a city of Humanity! We shall be rid of the non-human scum who would try to ruin this last beacon of hope for Humanity! Magincia will be a place for Humanity to flock, a place where they can be free. A place where the Elves and other lesser races will not be able to dictate if a Human man or woman may start a business. A place where there is no fear of an Elven ruler over-taxing the Humans and under taxing their own race! Magincia will be a land of opportunity, of unity, of freedom! Humanity will live free forever!" the last bit, shouting to the crowd. The crowd became excited in the moment, cheering, clapping, hugging, hand shaking, everyone taking in the moment. It was a moment of happiness and pure joy. He would remember that moment forever...

=======================================================

"Dock work... I really am like father now, aren't I?" he thought to himself. It was the only job he was qualified for. He tried to get a job at so many other places, but he just didn't have the skills. He finished his work day, and walked up the steps towards the city. The steps seemed endless to him. The day had started before sunrise, and ended just after sunset. As he walked by the healers towards the inn, something caught his eye. Three separate sheets of paper. Each tacked up next to each other. He walked over to them. The first read that Constable Cecil was looking for a few good, dedicated men to become deputies to help him in his quest to keep the riff-raff and non-human trash out of the Free Republic State of Magincia. There were already a list of ten names signed up underneath. He pulled a pen and ink jar out of his pack. He scribbled his name down on the list. "I would make a great Deputy!" he though to himself. His eyes moved to the next sheet. Janissary Captain Son Gohan was seeking men and women willing to put their life on the line to become Janissary. Magincia's elite fighting force. He knew very little of the Janissary. Only that they trained late at night when the townsfolk were asleep and never in the same spot twice. "I know I would be a great addition to the Janissary!" he though to himself. He added his name down to the list. He glanced over to the last sheet. It was an open invitation to any and all to come take part in classes that would help better prepare you for the future. Purist Drake Wyntermore was the man who was going to be the teacher. "Planning for the future, yes! I will be able to learn so much here!" he thought as he put his name down on yet another list...He walked home, his mind racing of the potential positions that he could earn! "Mother would be so proud of me!" he thought as he walked to the inn...

========================================================

"Afraid not, lad. You have the spirit that is needed, but you don't have the skills required. Maybe try again next year?" that is what the Constable had told him. Constable Cecil had let him down gently, but the fact was, he was not a trained fighter. "That is alright!" he thought to himself, "I still have Janissary training. I bet the Constable just wasn't watching me at the right times. Yeah, that is it!"

========================================================

"Squad Alpha, to the left! Squad Beta, to the right. Omega Squad, defend!" Captain Gohan shouted. Samon was part of Omega Squad. Their task, defend the gold storage in the bank at all costs. He stood at the end of a line of men, standing guard to the front entrance of the bank. They sat and waited, Alpha and Beta squads could attack at any point, and he was ready this time! Out of the corner of his eye, he saw them. The Magnate, Isk, and the Herald, Mark Randerstill, standing off to the west. They were near the entrance to the inn. He was amazed at the two men standing together. "The two most powerful men in the entire Humanis movement...and they are watching us!" he thought to himself. His heart was beating at a rapid pace. "I will show them that I am ready!" he though to himself. He kept his eyes fixated on the two men, almost in awe of their presence. Then he heard it. "ATTACK!" yelled the Captain of the Janissary. With that, the two squads rushed from right and left. He stood there, ready to defend. He turned to the right, just as the man beside him turned to the right. They slammed into each other. The sound of metal armor mashing together rang throughout the bank area. Both men fell to the ground. The second man's fall causing the other men in line to lose balance, and topple over under the weight of the armor they were wearing. Alpha and Beta squads ran right over the top of the line of fallen men and quickly subdued the other line of Omegas inside. Before he knew it, Son Gohan had him by the gorget. Gohan lifted Samon straight off the ground and placed him, standing, in front of him. "Are you an idiot, son? Do you call that the worthy of being a Janissary? Damn it, turn in your armor and go back to the damn docks. You are done here." Gohan yelled. Samon was crushed. He walked towards the inn. It was then he noticed the Magnate and Herald still standing there. Had they seen what had happened? Of course they had, he knew it. He walked past them, watching them out of the corner of his eye. The Herald's face was expressionless, he stared straight ahead, watching the men who were training to become Janissary. The Magnate was impossible to read. The mask blocking any possible way to tell what his reaction was. Samon shuffled past them, crushed because of his failure.

=========================================================

"Triest!" the dock foreman yelled to him, "Get your ass over here!" Samon ran over, knowing not to cross the dock foreman, or else face getting fired. As he turned the corner, he saw his foreman. It was then he noticed the man standing a few feet from the foreman. This man was dressed in the finest clothing he had ever seen. A fancy, white shirt that was bright as snow. A maroon doublet, one half the colors of the Free Republic State of Magincia. Perfectly sewn maroon pants. Boots crafted from the finest hides skinned from the youngest of dragons. His hair was a long, flowing black. He was clean, shaven, and proper. Something that was not seen at the docks often. "That will be all, Hanley." the proper man said to the foreman. The foreman mumbled something as he walked away, what it was, Samon did not know, nor did he care. "C-c-can I help you, sir?" Samon said, nervous as to what he might have done wrong. "Yes, Samon is it?" the man asked. His voice fair and soothing. "Yes, sir." Samon replied back. "I am Drake Wyntermore. I am not sure if you know of me, but I did see you had signed up for classes, and yet you did not attend. I can here to ask why is it you were not able to attend?" Samon was in shock. Why would a man of Mister Wyntermore's stature come to the docks to talk to him about missing a class? "I was, well, umm, unable to attend, because I...did not want to embarrass you, sir." Samon said, turning his head down to the ground. "Not possible, lad. Not at all possible." Wyntermore said, a smile across his face...

=========================================================

Homecoming...

"It has been an eternity since I felt Verity soil under my feet."
he thought. Things had changed for him. Lord Wynermore had taught him so much. It was Lord Wyntermore's idea for him to go back to Moonglow. It was probably for the best too. Magincia had suffered many great losses in recent months. The Herald of Humanis, Mark Randerstill, had passed on. The people of Magincia were in mourning for weeks. Soon after came news of the passing of Janissary Captain Gohan and his younger brother, the joyful and pleasant Mazuki. Three important men to the movement, dying within months of each other. It hit Magincia hardest when Lord Wyntermore passed away in his sleep. Wyntermore was still a young man, so the people of Magincia were in shock. The Magnate stepped into power, finally taking the head spot in Magincia. Not to say it was not a great moment in Magincia history, but it seemed as if the movement took a downhill turn after that moment. So many of the greats of Humanity were disappearing or passing on. Constable Cecil eventually stopped roaming the streets, no one sure of where he had gone. The animal lover Kokiru was last spotted with his pack of frenzied ostards moving through the jungle towards the coastline. Cuthbert, perhaps the quietest and most respected of the second tier men of power in Magincia, moved into a cold, bitter keep in a remote part of the Malas continent. He lived a life of solitude until finally passing on. Magincia was becoming a quiet place. It was time for him to leave. "I can't wait to see father..."

==========================================================

"Things are so quiet. Where is the militia? What happened to marching through town?"
he thought as he stood near the blacksmith shop. He had not seen anyone around in well over an hour. He had found out from his father that GreyPawn had long since retired, and now spent his days reading in the tower that now occupied the location that was once the Moonglow Villa. Richard was no where to be found. Isk was obviously in Magincia. Malicite was gone. Nazralte had been elected Mayor, then Regent, and now he was also gone. Even the lowly Ultima had tried his hand at Mayorship at one point. Now it was a man named Fong. The people of Verity seemed proud and happy that such a man was Mayor. He was beginning to bring Verity back into a place of power. A place to be proud of. Samon had only a description of the current Mayor. He was hoping to see him in the city. As he wandered around the town square for what seemed like hours, he began to lose hope in seeing the current Mayor. Just as the sun began to set, he noticed a man walking towards the bank. The man stood out as a beacon of light in the ever darkening skyline. He had long, flowing red hair. He was adorned in a robe of such fine craftsmanship, that Samon could tell it had cost the man thousands of gold pieces. The man noticed Samon standing there, almost in awe, and walked over. He extended his hand towards Samon. "Evening, friend." he said in a smooth voice. Samon took the man's hand within his own. They shook hands. They spoke for a good hour. Discussing Moonglow, what needed to be done, and how to go about doing it. It was that night he was offered a position in the militia. He was so excited...

===========================================================

"The sun is shining. I know you loved how it felt on days like today." he said. He knelt down in front of the small stone block that lay on the ground. "I did it. I am wearing militia blue like I promised I would."
He thought back to the first day he saw the militia marching. "I hope you can see me, mother. I hope I am doing you proud." As he stood, he placed a folded blue robe on the ground. "I love you." he whispered..

"Today is a great day in Moonglow history! Today we have a new Militia Captain. Everyone, your new Captain, Samon Triest!" Mayor Fong said to the crowd. "Militia Captain, me, who would have thought that." he thought to himself....

"Samon Triest, retired Captain of the Militia, now your Minster of Commerce!" announced the Mayor. "Not bad for a dock worker's son..." Samon thought...

"You won." Joseph Von-Elric whispered to him. "Say what now?" Samon replied. "You have more votes than Doireann. You are the new Mayor." Joseph said, a little louder this time. Samon raised his fist in the air. The people did want Honesty. They wanted someone who cared for Verity Isle as much as they did. They did not want some Drow loving wench. He had proven that he could beat her. He was on top of the world.
"Let her be announced as the winner." he told Joseph matter of factly. "What? Why?" Joseph replied, a look of shock on his face.

"Doireann stepped down. She could not handle the pressure from the people." Avature stated. The two men sat at a table in the Grand Meeting Hall of Verity Isle. "Really now? She knew the people did not want her to marry an enemy of Moonglow, a drow on top of that, and yet she still did it anyway? What did she expect to happen?" Samon replied.

"Today, we announce a new chapter in the great history of Verity Isle! Here is our new Mayor! Samon Triest!" Avature proclaimed to the crowd. The people cheered as Samon stepped up to the podium. "All this for me..." he thought to himself as he surveyed the crowd. "Everyone, this is a new beginning for Moonglow. As of today, we will no longer be looked down on. We will be the strongest, the smartest, the most powerful nation in Sosaria once again!" he shouted. The crowd roared in reaction. "Today, I announce who will be named my Vice Mayor. Together, we will make Moonglow strong again." As Samon finished the last word, a dark red moongate appeared. Out from the magic gate stepped Beowulf Thormear, one time Chancellor of Moonglow. "As of today, this is a new Moonglow. From now on we are second to none. We will be strong again. We will bring Moonglow back. Moonglow forever!" he shouted. He took the Vice Mayor's hand, then raised both men's arms into the air. "Moonglow forever..." he whispered to himself...

[s]"Cock-a-doodle-do!"[/s] the rooster cried out. Samon snapped awake. In a moment of delirium, he rolled off his bed, falling on the floor. "Oof! Ouch!" He picked himself up off the ground. He began getting ready for the day. "I think I will go visit mother today..." he thought to himself as he lay his clothing out for the day...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: