Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Reds during the siege/battles/and overall Invasion

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:48 pm Post subject: Reds during the siege/battles/and overall Invasion Reply with quote

Most of the time, the warzone seems to stick close if not in the guard zone for minoc.

The only people really at threat is D|O and Isk's men, unless defenders move past the barricade and try to break the siege.

We live in fel and are totally fine with being attacked by them, it's not something new to us so it's not an issue for us.

But for those that live elsewhere and usually don't go to fel, there are a few ways to handle them.

In guard zones, don't attack them. They can't do anything against you or they will be guard wacked. Keep a say "guard" macro on hand so as press it only if they attack you first.

If you attack them in any way first, guards won't save you. The only thing to do then is to fight.

Best way to bring down a red, is dismount them. Their main ally is their speed. They are used to running/dodging and killing solo for those people that linger to far away by themselves.

If you do go after them, make sure if you don't think you can solo them to go in a group and stay near that group. People are allowed to heal you if a red is attacking without incuring the combat penalty. So any ally should if they don't with to combat the red, at least help out in other ways such as healing or crimping.

Crimping is a technique in fel that many do. The orcs for example did this a lot. And that is to run around the person (not attacking) but trying to trap them by surrounding them while the person that is attacking them, can kill them without them being able to run because of the lack of stamina.

Most reds bring in some blues that will sit there and heal the reds. This is also a lure to have you attack them as they are grey, because the grey will ware off and your friends wont be able to help you kill him and they wont be able to be guard wacked.

I will not be moving the battle field to Trammel. It goes with the territory. After all we are taking over something at the moment that is never used anyways. And at the moment that is Felucca Minoc. The trammel side will come later. Smile If anyone does not wish to risk the slight possiblity of being chased by a red or worried about griefing from them then that is people's decision. If you wish to withdraw then there will be less resistance and chances are the Dark Order will take over another territory through force.

I hope that everyone that has gotten themselves involved will still wish to RP and continue on in fel. Smile
Riven Pit O'mep
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:02 pm Post subject: True! Reply with quote

Nice attempt to get us to flee, Taro...bring all those reds in to try break the Militia's moral. I see right threw you. (kidding)

...no wait that was a shadow wraith....haha!

This character isn't finished, by any means. I 'grew up' in fel years ago and have no problems with reds. I personally think that fel offers more realism. Just wish we could convince the reds to fight for the militia...haha. Minoc is a frontieer town after all.

Anyway I get off track. I'm not going anywhere even if I am the only one throughing pebbles over the walls.

They will eventually get bored with us if all they are doing is getting guard whacked. Keep your stuff insured and only bring what you can afford to lose...i.e bandages and pots.

Remember there wasn't always a Trammel.

*Stands his ground in Minoc*
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps forgot to mention that.

Only bring what you can afford to loose. Triple check that not only do you have everything insured. But that you have enough gold in the bank to make sure it stays insured.

If you die from a red, do not res near them. And do not trust them on them ressing you thinking that they turned nice or honorable. Chances are they just want to test out how much gold you have in the bank to see if items start getting uninsured. Also, only go back to get your belongings after you have ressed, got the necessary things to heal yourself should thye attack again when you get it, and fully dressed in your armor. Then and only then you should go grab your items off your dead body if there are any left.

And definitly do not want people to withdraw. I want to get RP flowing again in Fel, we've been too lonely over the years here by ourselves. Razz
Tay Thormear
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LNR was sketchy last night. I'm really good friends with Tinkerbell, as is a few others in the community. A chunk of us use to roll with LNR for a while and a number of other pvp guilds. Do -not- attack a red in guards zone, unless they attack you. Chances are, they situation could have been avoided if they understood what was going on. Surprisingly enough, about 80-90% of LNR are -really- good guys, and easy to get along with. They do gank in duels and stuff, purely to get a rise out of people. If you talk to them in a mature mannor and ask politely, chances are they won't interfew.

As shown last night, we can fight them off and fend for ourselves. However, I myself would rather not mess around with reds and prove that I can handle them, when they is an rp skirmish, battle, tussle -whatever-, going on.

Bottom line, don't attack unless they attack. Try to explain what's going on before hand, alot of rpers have and are in pvp guilds. Chances are they'll leave. We don't want to keep attacking and taunting them, because they live for greifing and pvping..so we don't want to press those buttons.
Alessandra
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LNR gained my respect last night when I ICQed a couple of them and explained the situation, they backed off. They also returned items and a few of them event RPed with Tati and I! Very Happy

Like I tried to say a few times last night, DO NOT ATTACK THEM UNLESS YOU ARE ATTACKED! It is like hornets, you might kill one, but you chance bringing the whole nest when you do it.

Tarothin, I have to say I respect you for standing your ground and not moving this to Tram, even though I am likely one of the biggest "Trammies" here Razz .

Ken: I put it any way I want to, cause that is the kind of man I am...

Toni/Gwyn/Dae ‎(11:22 AM):
well I was doing Beo, but he annoyed me lol

[09:37] Leshok: i think dancing is like sex, don't let one bad partner ruin it for the rest of your life
Mave Gerhart
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it be known that Alessandra has been removed from D|O due to her admitting that she is a "trammie"

"If you have to explain why it makes RP sense, then odds are it doesn't" -Leshok (or his DM)

[01:48] Deathwisp: well I always rub the fuzzy part before I pull it off
[01:48] Mave: ...what?
[01:49] Deathwisp: you know, the fuzzy... nvm
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

booo trammies!

But yes, Tarothin has it right for dealing with twinkies. If you have stealthers with dismount weapons, all the better.

Just make sure you jump him at the same time. If you slowly jump in you'll give them time to kill off each of you in a morbid game of tag. Unless you are being house camped. In that case, just never show yoursel for more then a second or so unless they unleash all the spells they precasted that you didn't see.

Which reminds me. If you plan on jumping a twink and you have a mage, precast off his screen. Makes for an easy follow up. Or you can run off screen real quick, don't do anything, run back again while casting Corp por (or some other spell usually associated as a "follow up" spell to Explosion) and watch to see what the red does. Sometimes they run, sometimes they jump the gun and try to attack you before any spells have gone off. If you are in town, guard whack away.

Can't we all just get along? No? Excellent.
Alessandra
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But I am a cute Trammie! but maybe I am not one anymore since I actually enjoy PvP... what have you done to me Mave?!?! Shocked

Ken: I put it any way I want to, cause that is the kind of man I am...

Toni/Gwyn/Dae ‎(11:22 AM):
well I was doing Beo, but he annoyed me lol

[09:37] Leshok: i think dancing is like sex, don't let one bad partner ruin it for the rest of your life
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: