Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Sweet Irony

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject: Sweet Irony Reply with quote

Twenty years ago...

"If we work quickly and carefully we can still save the baby!"

The door burst open and two men hurried in, carrying a woman. She was obviously pregnant, and bleeding from the stomach. She made no sounds, no movement... she was dead.

"What exactly happened here?" one of the healers asked.
"She was murdered. We don't know all the details but I think it may have something to do with all the recent attacks on the citizens of Nujel'm. This one is different, though... she wasn't mauled, she was stabbed."
"Who is she?"
"Her name is Rocelyn Skye. She's a local, wife of a nobleman named Steel Skye. He has been missing since her death; local authorities fear the worst for him."
"Never mind, we need to do this, now. We may still be able to save the child."

After three days of nonstop caring and praying, the healers of Nujel'm were satisfied that the baby boy would go on to live a healthy life. They arranged for a family to care for the child, and later that evening a woman appeared at the door: his would-be foster mother. They spoke for some time, and when the healers were confident they had found the child a more than suitable caregiver, they allowed the woman to depart with the child.

It hadn't been ten minutes since she left when the door burst open again. The healers were startled and looked to the figure standing in the doorway. It was a massive figure, standing nearly seven feet tall, wide shoulders, and covered in a dark cloak and hood hiding its face. The healer guildmaster approached him, but the figure held up a hand to stop him.

"Where is the child of the woman who was brought here a few days ago?"
"He was entrusted to a family; he will be raised properly," the guildmaster replied.
"Where is the family?"
"Who are you to ask?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at the cloaked figure.
"Tell me where the boy is, now... or I will kill you all."

Several of the healers began praying at this remark, but the master stood his ground. "I don't know who you are but I will not tell you where the child is. I swore to see to it that he led a full, happy life, and I have done so." He crossed his arms. "You will have to find him on your own, but I don't suppose the guards will allow it. I will see to that."

"You just made your last mistake." The figure drew a long, broad sword, cast in a red hue deeper than the crimson of blood. There was now a hint of fear behind the guildmaster's eyes. He knew it was too late to make up for his mistake.

"What does it matter to you anyway? Who are you?"

The figure stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He pulled his cloak off, revealing a scarred face, deep green eyes, long blond hair, and a grin consisting of sharp, gruesomely bloodstained teeth. "No..." the healer whimpered, "not you..."

"Yes... I am the boy's father. You made your last mistake bringing him into this world."

From outside the healers' building, one could briefly hear the frightful screams before they were cut short as blood splattered on the windows.

The next morning, the family who took in the child was nowhere to be seen in Nujel'm. They heard about the attack on the healers and got out of the city to protect the child.

It turned out to be quite ironic that the child was named Dameon after his father, Dameon "Steel" Skye.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: