Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Hanse's Tavern Night: Rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Zarlox
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 pm Post subject: Hanse's Tavern Night: Rules Reply with quote

Tomorrow night Sanctus will be hosting tavern night at Hanse's Hostel. Seeing that Sanctus views and laws are kind of extreme, and rather different than the majority of the rp world, we wanted to take this chance to ensure everyone was aware of some key points.

Covering your face via a robe, mask (save Isk), or anything else is forbidden in the Kingdom.

The use of necromancy is forbidden in the Kingdom.

In addition to these, Sanctus has a strong anti-vampire stance. "Known" vampires are not welcome in the kingdom. Now, IC wise, there are only a handful of characters we actually know are vampires. So, as long as your not one we have engaged and know are a vampire, and you don't go talking about it, we wouldn't know, and you'd be fine.

Tavern night is designed to bring as many people in the community together as possible, and we fully support that. However, we also want to maintain the foundation that our role play is built upon, something we have been working very hard to re-establish over the last couple of months. Since hostilities are to be avoided on tavern night, if these are to strict for your character, then we ask you still come, but on an alt.

We thank you for reading this, your understanding in us staying true to our rp, and look forward to seeing you all tomorrow night.
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: Hanse's Tavern Night: Rules Reply with quote

Zarlox wrote:

Covering your face via a robe, mask (save Isk), or anything else is forbidden in the Kingdom.

For curiousitys sake, two questions. A) What is the point of the rule?, and b) Er, whats with the favoritsim?
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are in character rules, feel free to ask about it in character.
Wink
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I do apologize for the ooc post asking questions about an ooc post.
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a courtesy to let folks know about the IC rules of Sanctus so there are no OOC surprises for them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks for the guy with one char, masked.
Why Isk?
Is there anywhere i can read the rules.
Rather, why that one exists?

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Zarlox
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The face coverings is part of the Laws of Sanctus and can be found on the wiki or our site. The reason Isk is allowed is because of the past precedence set by Talon.

Ariana was spot on, this is a courtesy post so there are no surprises for people tomorrow.
Walter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarlox is just worried if Isk removed the mask he'd steal all the women out of Sanctus. Isk wears the mask to hide his unbelievable good looks.

Not sure how the face covering rule should be a problem, They have had that rule for years.

[20:28] Inkari: walter=chuck norris

"What do you mean I can't sell castle deeds I create on Ebay?" - GM Darwin circa 1999
Sid
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

very clear so we have no surprizes
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys are doing this. Tavern nights have become really bland and flavourless with very little individuality from tavern to tavern, very little local RP flavour. I'm glad Sanctus will be returning to its roots!
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.... It's been that way in Sanctus since day one of age of shadows when they moved there. I'm surprised people would even question it especially those that have been in the community for years.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it needed posting, at all.

I wonder if I'll be arrested. Scrap that, I wonder if they think I'm a vampire. Scrap that, I wonder.

Last edited by Ceinwyn ab'Arawn on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sanctus has a strong anti-vampire stance. "Known" vampires are not welcome in the kingdom

I always kept our Tavern neutral and regardless of who, or what a characters believes were they could still come to our tavern without fear of attack from us. However, in lieu of this statement and the rule that covering your face is "forbidden" I have decided to ban all "known" members of Sanctus from my Tavern and my Lands.

Any "Known" member of Sanctus caught in the Tavern, Minoc, Vesper or Britain (B4) will by means of RP be asked to surrender themselves for arrest, those that refuse will be subdued in whatever manner I deem necessary and arrested.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: Hanse's Tavern Night: Rules Reply with quote

Zarlox wrote:
Seeing that Sanctus views and laws are kind of extreme,

HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE HAVE CREATIVE ROLEPLAY THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY, I AM OFFENDED

ALSO, CAPS.

Much <3.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

On this subject, Ronin, I just wanted to add that actually, I know Sanctans aren't supposed to be allowed to come to the Den of Sin in Umbra. It just makes sense for IC. We do occasionally get one or two from time to time, but in general they get reamed if word gets back to their commander.

Just use your vampiya supa powas to make them "forget" if they knew you were a vampiya.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: