Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Testing Waters of Interest

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:19 am Post subject: Testing Waters of Interest Reply with quote

For a long time now I've really wanted to gather a band of people together to RP gypsies. I see them as a rather neutral group who occasionally hold festivals and 'caravan' through different areas. Game mechanics give us a good deal of gypsy NPCs and it would be nice to create an 'extended family'. By no means would it be a PVP guild (though I'm sure the band would have at least a small number of adept hunters); more merchants, soothsayers, craftspeople, and the like. If anybody has any interest in a minor alt character to play this type of thing please let me know by PM here. Thank you!
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think it would be a wonderful way to bring thieves back as a RP group. Disguise kits, pick-pocketing...possibility indeed. A wonderful idea.
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darrien! It would be a good way to do this. But there is much more in the gypsy lifestyle. I had the honor of living among the gypsies of southern Spain years ago. Yes, there are the thieves and scammers but there is also a wide array of RP opportunity. There are fortune tellers, soothsayers, those who are good with home-spun remedies, musicians, craftspeople, and persons who just want to live 'off the grid' so to speak. Yes it's great to be a super-character be it warrior class, mage, politician, etc., but sometimes it's just fun to play a down to earth traveling person with a song in the heart and a spring in the step.

Anybody?
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well, Poet is half-gypsy
coremon
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triad has been known to employ a few thieves here and there as well...
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can go really well, interaction would be very enjoyable with them I think over-all, particularly since they will all be 'free-spirits" sort to say have their own personality, view-points, characteristics etc...
Skatha
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely interested...
Arakad
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea; no longer got my thief char; but if you need any assistance say the word.
Blindwolfe
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 am Post subject: I like the idea Reply with quote

I'm all for it. Vampires have a lot of history with gypsies. It has great RP potential for many.

Kelly Darkhaven of the Cappadocian Vampire Clan
Molly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested too. I have a few characters that have no roleplay at the moment. It would be interesting to bring them in. Soothsayer or Fortune Teller might be great fun to play.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Ditto Armunn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The player of Cat might be interested in this idea too. I'll try to remember to ask her to read this topic.... Silent Poet, can you ask her too, incase I forget, purty please?

Quote: "Oh Great! First I get stabbed and now I'm bleeding!" - Ditto
[quote="Tarothin Armunn"]I know and I have mood swings like a pregnant woman at times. :/ I'm very random.[/quote]
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm truly thrilled to see interest here. I've been roleplaying several gypsy characters for a few years now, and game mechanics alone give us gypsies!

When it's convenient for people who are interested, get in touch with me and I can start guilding people. I've contacted admin here to go about applying for a membership so the 'clan' can be more formally recognized here in ARPC.

I have a pretty good working knowledge of how gypsy culture works, having lived among them and learned much. I still have a deck of tarot cards given to me by an elder lady of the clan I knew in Spain. I'd be happy to help people understand these people as I do and coach anybody interested in picking up a personality. Unfortunately many of the stereotypes are true (thieving and scamming) but there is also a lot more to explore.

Here's to gypsies!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: