Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Switching out necromancy and SS with Archery and tactics...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:08 am Post subject: Switching out necromancy and SS with Archery and tactics... Reply with quote

I don't really remember why I picked necromancy, but it was probably just for the few shaman-y spells it has, as Oldscale despises necromancy. Anyway, I'm replacing that and spirit speak with archery and tactics. Is this a good idea? What are your suggestions for a bow?
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As to whether its a good idea or not really depends on your character. I would point out that you are going from a magic skill to a weapon skill - which is perfectly doable- but does it make sense for your character?

I know that on my savage who is a shaman, I have magic/spellweaving/and stealing, which i feel fits him great.
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd fit the character well. Oldscale has ICly stated that his spear is just for show, so if he would skilled in archery it would make sense that he'd hunt with ranged weapons.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to point out that you don't need to be polymorphed in lizardman form to rp a lizard man. You can wear dragon scale armor, and some of the elven wooden pieces have slopes and ridges to give the appearance of a reptilian head. Then you would actually be able to sit in chairs, and have different colored "scales" (skin). I imagine lizard men have their variations. Mondain created them by crossing humans with lizards.

This would free up points you dumped into magery if you need them for weapon skills.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: