Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Limiting equipment.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:02 am Post subject: Limiting equipment. Reply with quote

Alright, here is my idea for limiting equipment.

This is for everything besides hit spells, Swingspeed, and Damage increase. They would simply need a limit. No HCI over like, 20, no DCI over like 20, (for example, i havent thought these out) no HP regen over 10 (so if you have the bracelet of health, use it, but you couldnt have any more than that) etc. Just a basic limit that the guildmasters need to vote on to decide what should be limited to what.

As for DI, SSI, and hit spells, think of everquest. People there multiply speed by damage and get a number, basically. That number is how good the weapon is, total damage. We need to do something similar to that effect. Take the base speed of a weapon with its SSI and find out the new speed value. Take the base damage of a weapon with its DI and find out the total damage value. Multiply (or some kind of calculation) to get a number. Also, a number should be added depending on hit magicarrow/harm/fireball/lightening and a number should be added depending on how high that hit spell is. Then, there should be a number limit of how high a weapon can be.

Basically, a weapon can have high SSI and still stink, and a weapon can have high DI and stink. We need a way to factor in all the equasions and get a simple number out of it, and then put a roof on how high a number you have.

This isn't set in stone, its just an idea. Seeing as people can't decide on artifacts (or, they just misread my poll, and didn't see that i said 'disallow', which means 'no' meant get rid of artifacts), this is a way to keep the silly things, call them RP tools, and have you at an acceptable power range that people wont look at you disgustedly and think your a gimp.

Good? Bad? I know this GM armor and weapons crap will never go through.

Easy example:

A mage with GM barbed versus a warrior with GM valorite and a valorite weapon. If neither has jewlery, the warrior will beat the mage in a heartbeat. No matter HOW good the mage. If the mage has 2/4 casting, the mage could easily beat the warrior, depending on how good he is. But still, it wouldn't be balanced. You can't say 'all gm armor for warriors, but mages keep their 2/4 casting.'

The 'minimum for pvp' everyone knows is 2/4 casting, and for a warrior, there is no 'minimum'. The closest thing would be all 70's armor.

So a mage in GM barbed with 2/4 casting and a warrior in a 70's suit with a GM weapon. This might be balanced depending on the person, but how the hell is it fair?

There is no way to balance like this. Just say if you like my idea or not Very Happy
Derek uth Matar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:03 am Post subject: Sounds good to me.. Reply with quote

Sounds good to me if there is a way to balance things out atleast item wise Im all for it..I agree not everyone will agree to no magic weapons, armour, jewelry so perhaps if we all could find a way to balance things out with everyone agreeing to a limit on what is used Im all for it but the way everyone talks balancing things out right now just is possible but Im all for trying something once..
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is better than the other idea. But personally, I think we should just leave things alone.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaen wrote:
This is better than the other idea. But personally, I think we should just leave things alone.

agreed
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I couldn't care if we fix it or not, I haven't had to deal with excessive whorishness personally in a long time.

Wether or not this is because I'm not at hanse... I don't know.

I just wanted to offer this system, because apparently most people think we need to change something.

Maybe this deserves a poll, as much as I hate em.
Martin Willow
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to see some rules, being so poorly pvp equiped but still fighting, im honestly not going to check my opponent for contraban before a fight. If you've got something everyone thinks should be banned, it just means you've taken time to do another aspect of this game. Sadly, Roleplaying and RP fighting are not the only part of UO.

My opinion, anyway

Brian
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impossiable to limit what people use for equipment . You cant walk around spot checking people and adding up all there ar peices seeing if they arent above say 60 and checking for defense chance or hit chance it is impossiable. And weapons limiting them is kinda silly to becuse a weapon now a days is the only defense agianst super mages of today and if you dont have a really fast good weapon a mage will walk on you. So any type of limiting wont work. Now alot of people say artifacts are so unfair. Well some are unballancing yes (only mages artis are) but not unbeatable. But i tell you what they invested either a great deal of time and or money to get these items. So why not let them use them.
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with...

Fast Casting Limit - 2
Fast Cast Recovery Limit - 6
Spell Damage Increase Limit - 10
Defense Chance Increase Limit - 20
Hit Chance Increase Limit - 30
Mana Regen Limit - 4
Lower Mana Cost Limit - 12
Hit Spell Limit on weapons - 20%
Hit Spell area limit on weapons - 10%
Damage increase limit on weapons - 35%
Hit Leech anything on weapons - 20%
Total resists on a piece of armor - 45 or so
(quick reasoning behind the total resists - with 45 total on armor and 6 pieces of armor, that's 270 total resists. Divide that by 5 and you have 54 average for each resist. Thinking of the Resist skill and how 120 gives you 44 for each resist, there's not really much of a difference between 44 and 54 save a little extra damage. Not to mention most people won't have exactly 54 for each resist and will be lacking in one of them. I think 45, or even a little higher if everyone wanted, would be perfectly fine. I wouldn't go higher than 50 total resists though.)
Reflect Physical Limit - I don't see this as any sort of problem so none

I think that's about it. If I missed anything than someone let me know. Allowing for weapons to have limits on properties instead of limiting a whole type of weapon seems to add for more variety, at least in my opinion. More variety adds for more RP spice and isn't that what we're all looking for anyways? Strict restriction, like propose, will just make RP stale and not exactly fun. I wouldn't even mind if some artifacts were allowed to allow for even more variety. Things like the Holy Knight's Breastplate, which has 39 resists compared to GM armors 43, is hardly a threat to anyone. The only major ones I can think of offhand are Hat of the Magi, Ornament of the Magician, Midnight Bracers, Staff of the Magi, Blade of Insanity, and actually all the weapons since they are over the damage increase limit specified by me above. Some of the armor would be interesting to incorporate into people's RP though.

I copied this from somewhere else and am too lazy to read through the whole thing so parts of it might refer to something that isn't in this thread. Sorry about that. For the most part, the really important stuff is my advised caps.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on the right track, but it would take some time before we could all decide on those or any values. Everyone will have good points about what should be raised or lowered, in most cases.

Sadly, we might need a poll for every different attribute. FC, FCR, etc. Though, I do not want anyone making that on this board, that's just spam. If anyone can do that with HTML, and host it, it would work that way.
Nicodareus
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I find this idea stupid. Most likely many of you know me as the duel addict at sanctus, I use gm horned and 2/4 casting and I do fine. Of course there are a few people out there with 70s suits etc and some with artifacts etc but not enough that we have to worry about it, and even then I say duel them or whatever and suck it up. Dueling and fighting take skill, good equipment just enhances skill, equipment doesnt make skill. So personally I think you all should suck it up and learn to fight or go get some nice equipment if u think it makes a dif. Have a nice day.

(if anyone wants to duel icq 147527667)
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, whatever. The idea is trying to flush people out of the community that only care about PVP and not RP.

In my opinion, if you join the community just to PVP and don't care about RP, it's because your a really crappy PVPer and can't go contend with the gimps at Yew fel gate and stuff.
Cecil
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Kuja, agreed.
Murdoc
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Go pvp at Yew moongate... heres a list of things you need to fight at yew

1. Speedhack and DSL or better
2. 70's resist suit with awesome wep
3. Be a parry mage
4. Be a parry/mace dex monkey
5. Have an illegal rearm 3rd party
6. Have atleast 3-4 friends with ya.
7. GM resist of course for the para mage gimps
8. Atleast 5 artis to make up for any of the above you didn't have

Good day
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... Some of our 'roleplayers' have that. Actually a lot do.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

here is what I have at Yew Gate:

Cable
1 artifact
No friends

And I do just fine Smile
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: