Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Limiting equipment.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuja wrote:
Uhm... Some of our 'roleplayers' have that. Actually a lot do.

Who?

Frankly if you guys think that yew gate is the pvp spot to contend with then it once again shows you have no knowledge on pvp.

Its a gankfest with reds hiding in the house ready to gank on one end, and the blues hiding in the gzone ready to gank on the other end. Then there are the people in the middle that just take or give to any that try to gank.

Those people in the middle are parry/mages with 2-5 magi arti's that make them allowed to do nothing but lightning bolts on most people. That I'm sorry is no skill whatsoever. The correct statement about yew, is that it does indeed hold many gimps. Even after saying that, I go there when I am really really bored on alternating characters.

The only thing Yew can teach someone is how to house hide, how to use the gzone effectively and how to survive ganks and the arti mages.

But anyway, the effective way to keep people that are just looking for battle and not rp is a recruit stone. It really does weed people out. For instance the other day when we were all gathered around before the battle, one person wanted to join. I told them I will talk to them after the battle. Well, I did telling about the guilds website to read a couple sections, to post on the recruit section why and a little about you. And then after I look over it I'll put them on the recruit stone. They were like screw that, thats too much work, and left. It showed clearly he was just wanting to join to join in the battle. Instead of show an over all interest to role play.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to either guild, I'm not trying to troll anyone, but both Sanctus and Dark Order had members I've only seen during wartime once again pop out of the woodwork just to fight.

Simply put, those are the kind of people that don't help the community one bit.
Evinyatar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:28 pm Post subject: Confirmation Reply with quote

I can confirm that Dryzzie has NO friends Smile
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuja wrote:
No offense to either guild, I'm not trying to troll anyone, but both Sanctus and Dark Order had members I've only seen during wartime once again pop out of the woodwork just to fight.

Well, that is because not everyone Rp's at the same location. I am around many of the peopel in my guild daily and we rp and have fun. Just because we are not in a rp hotspot like Sanctus, doesnt mean that just because you dont see them, they are not there. And not one of my members have more then two arti's if it makes a difference on the 5 arti count. Also I have members that are in different guilds or have night shift jobs and so on. Hey, if you look at the other side of things. I hardly see you around if ever except on these boards, does this give me the excuse to say that you dont RP either?
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Kuja is never at the hostel. In caina most the time - though I am on alts at the Hostel frequently.

I was merely repeating what I heard - several people have said they think it's odd that people come out of the woodwork just for wars.
Vipralion
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps rather than trying to 'balance' everything, let's put a limit on various effects. I don't like the idea of being able to only where this armor or that bracelet. It's not roleplaying. If it were than you'd be able to go out and buy some very good armor, put it on, and fight. But to put a limit on this is just stupid. If you want some 'balance' try to put a limit on everything instead. Artifacts... they're supposed to be rare and such. I find it very very doubtful that a person would be able to be loaded up with them. 1 artifact I can see. 2 maybe. Maybe limit how many artifacts a person can wear/use. (I think the whole artifacts system is a stupid idea anyway.) We'll just have to trust eachother. We should be able to at least that right? So far, I haven't ran into anyone on these forums that doesn't seem like you can trust them to follow the rules. In-game there are alot more people who don't read these forums so the guild leaders would have to relay this information to them. I haven't thought this out much yet but this is what have so far.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarothin Armunn wrote:
Kuja wrote:
Uhm... Some of our 'roleplayers' have that. Actually a lot do.

Who?

Frankly if you guys think that yew gate is the pvp spot to contend with then it once again shows you have no knowledge on pvp.

Its a gankfest with reds hiding in the house ready to gank on one end, and the blues hiding in the gzone ready to gank on the other end. Then there are the people in the middle that just take or give to any that try to gank.

Those people in the middle are parry/mages with 2-5 magi arti's that make them allowed to do nothing but lightning bolts on most people. That I'm sorry is no skill whatsoever. The correct statement about yew, is that it does indeed hold many gimps. Even after saying that, I go there when I am really really bored on alternating characters.

The only thing Yew can teach someone is how to house hide, how to use the gzone effectively and how to survive ganks and the arti mages.

But anyway, the effective way to keep people that are just looking for battle and not rp is a recruit stone. It really does weed people out. For instance the other day when we were all gathered around before the battle, one person wanted to join. I told them I will talk to them after the battle. Well, I did telling about the guilds website to read a couple sections, to post on the recruit section why and a little about you. And then after I look over it I'll put them on the recruit stone. They were like screw that, thats too much work, and left. It showed clearly he was just wanting to join to join in the battle. Instead of show an over all interest to role play.

I agree with you completely. Especially on the idea about having a recruit stone.

Tarothin Armunn wrote:
Kuja wrote:

Well, that is because not everyone Rp's at the same location. I am around many of the peopel in my guild daily and we rp and have fun. Just because we are not in a rp hotspot like Sanctus, doesnt mean that just because you dont see them, they are not there. And not one of my members have more then two arti's if it makes a difference on the 5 arti count. Also I have members that are in different guilds or have night shift jobs and so on. Hey, if you look at the other side of things. I hardly see you around if ever except on these boards, does this give me the excuse to say that you dont RP either?

Yea... I didn't see anyone suddenly 'pop-up' just for the PvP action either during those wars. All the members of O|S for sure. I see them elsewhere and not just to pvp. I popped up because I was there when the battles begun. I wasn't there just for the PvP. I wanted to see if I could help out anyway, I'm not even on a stone that's warred to any guilds. My stone was warred to help out in the battle. I got a little taste of RPing PvP for the first time. It's not like my char can do much in pvp anyway, I could only use 3 of his 7 skills (mage/tamer, I used only magery skills).
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 2/4 should be limit on fc/fcr... Sure, there are a lot out there who have 2/6... but many don't.

At 2/4 you open up the chance for some younger players who don't have the money to spend on 2/6.

Personally, I think if we are going to limit, then we either all do it... or not.

As good as this idea is... and I don't see why for some guild events... or battles that some of the GM's don't discuss doing this, for that specific event.

But, it will probably never happen.

As we all know, a guild like Lmt.. as an example, who claim over 90 members. Assuming only half actually showed up for an event. Do you know how long it would take to do that?

The only sane way would be for the two opposing sides to have their people show up nude wearing only their jewelry... and then have pre made gm armor to pass out to participants.

But even then... you would have someone sneak something in...

It is a good idea.. but the implementation of it could take a lot of time better spent coming up with an rp plot.

Maybe.

What do I know.

Poet
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a tournament coming up soon.

How do I get around all that crap, you say?

Invite only.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Invite only is a very good idea.

I would love to participate in a melee thing with Tai if you have one.

*hint*

Poet
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: