Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Keg and Anchor

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Gryhm Greymalkin
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 pm Post subject: The Keg and Anchor Reply with quote

The Keg and Anchor, one of Trinsics more lively locations. Gryhm entered and scanned the room. He had been on a boat the past few days and was wary of the bad jokes of the ships crew. Two men in particular were a bit more rowdy then the others and decided to give Gryhm a bit of trouble.
The Cottontail Sue will be looking for new shipmates before they set sail again.

Back to the present, Gryhm sat at a table near the hearth. The night was cool from the breeze off the water. “Can I get you anything?” asked Richter the barkeep. “Give me something a real man would drink, and not that watered down garbage you sell tourists.” Replied Gryhm. The stunned barkeep nodded and went to get a few ales.

At a table near Gryhm, a man dressed as a Paladin was holding his ale bottle as if his life had no other meaning. The young man was obviously drunk and belligerent, as he snapped at a waitress when she tried to clear the table of the empty bottles around him. Gryhm got up and walked to the table, not to fight, but to maybe find out a bit more of this young man.

“Your ales sir” the barkeep said “The best in the bar, from my own secret stash in the back room.”
“Thank you” Gryhm replied as he tossed a few coins to Richter.

“So tell me lad, why the long face?”
“It doesn’t matter” the man replied as he hiccuped “Everything’s a LIE!”
“A lie?”
“Yes! A LIE! I train and I fight! But for what? There is no one that cares about the virtues anymore. All they care about is money and fame! No one has a purpose or honor anymore…” the Paladin began to weep as he trailed off in his ranting.
“And what of you lad. Do you have a purpose?” Gryhm asked trying to gauge the young man further.
“Me? I don’t know anymore. I did once I think. But what’s the point? Even the good Mayor of Trinsic pulled us out of the Regency, all because of a personal disagreement, or perhaps just following his Elven wife.

Gryhm looked a tad confused. Being a man out of time he never heard of this “Regency” nor did he realize man and elf were sharing beds. The notion sickened him personally, but it had no real difference in the outcome he desired.

“What is this… Regency you speak of? And I must warn you lad, that I am a man out of place and time and know nothing of these things you speak. I would also like to know your name if I can” Gryhm finished off a bottle of ale and began to sip the next as the young man continued.
“My name is Celebrakka, I am a Paladin by trade and have spent my life learning, studying and living the teachings of our Lord British.” Celebrakka wiped his mouth with his sleeve as he too finished off a bottle of ale. “The Regency was built as a Governing council for all of Sosaria after Lord British departed the lands years ago”

Celebrakka spoke on many things for nearly two hours, people came and went and both men didn’t take notice of the time. He spoke of the battles the Regency had been in over the years, both external and internal. He spoke of Regents from years ago and the good they have done. And he spoke of the current Regent who has been trying desperately to keep the whole thing together.

Leaning forward across the table Gryhm looked Celebrakka in the eyes and spoke proudly, “Let me ask you something Celebrakka. How would you like to be not only a man with a vision, but also a man with a purpose and destiny? Follow me lad, follow MY vision, and I will not only promise, but DELIVER riches that no man could spent in 100 lifetimes. Follow me Celebrakka, and I’ll make you the new Mayor of Trinsic, or if you prefer… it’s King.”

Gryhm sat back in his chair and folded his hands on his chest with a smile. The look on the young mans face was enough for him to know he has made his first ally in this New World. An ally that can help him get to speed as he does the one thing no one thought would ever be possible…

To give Birth to a new Dominion.
Martin Willow
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin Willow stood on the Paladin Isle, listening as his Captain of the Guard, Dak, took role call of the Paladins of THG. Dak concluded the list, and turned to face Martin.

“Role call complete, sir.” Dak said, taking a step toward Martin. “Good, is anyone missing?” Martin inquired. Dak frowned at him, then turned toward the men and raised his voice. “Is someone hissing?!” Dak yelled, looking incredulously at the men. “No, no…” Martin said, stepping up near him, “missing.” Dak looked at him in surprise, and then stared at the assembled paladins. “KISSING?! WHO THE HELL IS KISSING?” he screamed, starring at the men who had just, apparently, violated his trust. “Missing, Dak! Is anyone missing?!” Martin yelled, turning Dak around to face him so he could see his lips form the words.

“Oooh, missing…No one is missing, none of the paladins.” Dak answered, throwing the men behind him one last glare. “But when I find out who was kissing…” Dak turned back to Martin. “Oh wait, someone was missing. No one important, just that guy who dropped out of the Paladin-recruit core. What was his name…” Dak consulted a scroll that was considerably older than the first. “Celebr…..Celebrak…Celebrakka! Yes, he’s not here today. Granted, we don’t do role call for him, he just lurks over there in the corner and watches all the time.” Dak motioned to the side of one building, where there was the vague outline of a sitting figure, marked on the sandstone in rust, as would occur if armor and rested on one spot for a long time.

“He uh….he sits there a lot, does he?” Martin asked, giving Dak a funny look. Dak answered by rolling his eyes and twirling his finger, pointing horizontally, at his own ear, whistling from a high octave to a low one and back again. “He’s off his knocker for sure. He’ll sit there, telling anyone who wanders near that we’re all on about money, and fame, without an inkling for the virtues, but then…well, last week Heimdall walked over and asked if Celebrakka would wash his sword for him if Heim paid well, and Celebrakka jumped right to it, so long as Heim told everyone who had done the washing.”

“The guy even bases all his news from the Humanis Voice, and little bits from the dock hands…the drunk ones…wait, that’s all the dock hands. Yea, the dock hands.” Dak leaned close to Martin, mocking secrecy. “I hear he has a card collection from the Voice…”

Martin made a face. “Dak, you collect them.” Dak whipped his bearded head around, throwing a quick glance at the men, who were doing a semi-good job of stifling snickers. He starred daggers at Martin. “We promised not to talk about that, I think.”

“Anyway,” Martin continued “any idea where the fellow went?” Dak shrugged. “Hes probably at the Keg and Anchor, drinking, or unconscious in a ditch somewhere, with a few bottles to keep him company. Maybe he’s even gone of on another of his quests for his version of ‘Honor and Virtue’,” Dak coughed hard “fame-and-money” and coughed again, grinning behind his beard. “He should wander back eventually, sir, don’t worry about him.”

Martin nodded, and thus they continued with the day’s activites.

Celebrakka
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

(I would appreciate if you would not say things that you don't even know. thank you)

After realizing that a new future, a new destiny filled with Adventures and Danger, Celebrakka got up and placed his composite long bow in front of Ghrym, he then placed his right hand on his chest and bowed to Gryhm; "May these hands and this bow help your cause until death take me".

The Young man then told Gryhm a bit about himself and the paths that led him in Trinsic. From Skara Brae , where he was born, Celebrakka had been going from town to town, learning all he could of the virtues and all the historical events surrounding Lord British and the guidelines that he inspired to the free people of Britannia. Yet more he learned, more he began to see how some people, a lot of them coming from a land called Malas, were only wanted Power and Wealth, more and more, no matter the conscequences for the less fortunated ones. He was ashamed to see that these people said out loud that the virtues were their guide and that they had been following it for as long as they remember.

Celebrakka then realized that Gryhm wasn't realley listening, he then ordered another ale and drank it all as soon as he got it.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: