Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Mission: Atlantic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

What is your opinion on the state of the community?
It's 100% fine. Don't change a thing.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
The people are fine, plots are fine, but change PVP/wars!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The people and PVP/wars are fine, but let's work on plots!
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
The plots and PVP/wars are fine, but we need to clean out the dewds!
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
The people are fine, but we need more plots and change PVP!
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Plots are fine, but we need to change pvp, and flush out the doods that ruin it!
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
PVP/warring is the only thing worth keeping, some of these people and all the plots suck!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
SCRATCH IT ALL! Start over!
32%
 32%  [ 13 ]
I cannot sum it up with one of these votes. I will post my thoughts below.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 40

Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:28 pm Post subject: Mission: Atlantic Reply with quote

I tried to word the poll a little better this time, people got lost and voted wrong on the last one, I'm told.

I'm going to let the poll run for 2 weeks, no sense running it longer.

Any other comments, post below.

BTW, I voted for 'PVP/warring is the only thing worth keeping, some of these people and all the plots suck!'

We need to weed through the member base and do a few kicks. Not too many, but some people can't rp worth crap and stink up the joint, and some people just have so awful of names it makes people want to hurl.

Plots need a little work, we need some more stuff going on.

PVP/RP wars, I could care less about. I don't PVP often because I just don't have the thirst to proove that my items 'pwn' your items. And wars are fine, I don't care that I do badly, I am on dialup for now.

P.S. - Think about what you have to say, and see if it can be summed up in one of the polls besides 'other'. You can still post and give a clarification, but only vote for 'other' if you REALLY cannot do otherwise.

Thankies. I look forward to seeing what constructive ideas we can pool together.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my opinion that we do away with ringers, aka people who show up for battles but are never around to RP. I can think of one arti wench right now who does exactly this.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaen wrote:
It is my opinion that we do away with ringers, aka people who show up for battles but are never around to RP. I can think of one arti wench right now who does exactly this.

I hope you didnt mean me. Because if you do, you have no clue what your talking about.

On top of that I did not vote yet.
Alessandra
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: Mission: Atlantic Reply with quote

Kuja wrote:
some people just have so awful of names it makes people want to hurl.

No offense, but I think that there are things that need discussed and looked at more than peoples names Confused I mean, not everyone wants to spend more money to have their name changed. I see where you are coming from, but 3 years ago I was a totally different player. People change, mature and grow.

I think that there are other things that need to be discussed and worked on. As for the comment that there are people that only show up for battles, perhaps if there was more going on RPwise they would show up more often.

These are just my opinions, so take them or leave them. Smile I don't dislike anyone and none of this is targeted specifically at anyone. Just a pregnant woman full of hormones trying to express her opinion Laughing

Alessandra
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The eternal debate:

"Why should we worry about someone's name? It's RP, right? You can't 'see' their name without metagaming. It's all about what they want to be called."

The eternal reply:

Roleplay does not require uber skills. Just a character. Go ahead and make a new one, with a good name. Also, name changes dropped to 20$.

If you don't have room in your account, just give up a character :P I've done it twice in the last month.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarothin Armunn wrote:

I hope you didnt mean me. Because if you do, you have no clue what your talking about.

On top of that I did not vote yet.

Check PM. I wasn't referring to you.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry vaen. I've come accustomed because of people in this community to jump quickly on the defense.
Serpentine
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuja, The Inquisitor wrote:

Roleplay does not require uber skills. Just a character. Go ahead and make a new one, with a good name. Also, name changes dropped to 20$.

If you don't have room in your account, just give up a character Razz I've done it twice in the last month.

Easy to say if you're not giving up a well-trained character, or if you're simply not attached to them. I feel that if the name has a reasonable RP explanation, it should be allowed. Also, you have to have some leniency for people that really want to participate, but they have no free slots and don't want to give up a trained and established character when the only thing blocking them is what someone else thinks of their name, when we're not even supposed to consider it in RP anyway!

No offense Kuja, but what you're saying reminds me of the people I hear that say "Well, if Israel just gave up some of the West Bank, then all this fighting would stop!" It's probably true, but it's not that easy to accomplish.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. But let me be hopeful that people can actually pull together to accomplish things, even if it wont happen.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the name thing goes I'm going to have to support the fact that Rp wise it should'nt matter because as its been said, you can't really see someone's name. They could make a new character yes, and if they did so they could then make the character alot closer to what they are suppose to be; but its not that easy. DRW itself is a prime example, me especially. As you all have noticed mairsil is very white skinned, and he also has facial hair, both characteristics drow do not have--now i have explained that as him being a half breed, and I've taken alot of crap rp wise for being a half breed but thats a consequence I accept and am fine with. As long as there is rp to it why should someone have to make a whole new character just because of the way they look or what their name is? If we wanted to make drw a hundred percent drow almost half the guild would have to have new characters, and when you are trying to recruit alot of people don't like making brand new characters just to join our guild. With the rp/ rp-pvp community the way it is right now, and with the way that drow should be rped, it is not very good to have nothing but a bunch of new characters claiming they are drow that are too weak to do anything. This is all just an example but it goes to show something...

Other then that i agree that there are some people who should be kicked out of the rp community but according to whom? Are we going to make a council for that too? There are alot of people who are friend with alot of other people in our community..
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drow guilds should recruit higher than all others.

One of two things you can't change, even with power-up, is skin hue. The glitches to choose a new hue are gone, too.

You can get away with 'albino' drow, and half breeds (I mean no trolling/flaming to any of the above) but a drow guild should be 90%+ chracters made TO BE DROW. Drow are more strict than others, really.

Drow should also be led by women :S Though DRW does have the Lloth thing going on.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually DRW has a dual diety system...and we do discriminate when we recruit..alot of people that join are new characters..and I'll agree most should be drow..the point of the example was that if theres true rp there then there is no reason to kick people for not having the names or looks 100%.

-as far as drow being led by women goes..thats traditional..but even in fantasy you see drow being led by males here and there, just usually not in large drow societies.
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what anyone says...if MAsTeR ShAkE from (insert RP guild name) appears and starts to RP it really sucks. Why? "Excuse me sir, but what is your name?""MaStEr ShAKe."
I mean what the hell. It is just retarded.
RP isn't about a name, but it is about commitment and interest, and if your name isn't even remotely RP, I think you need to see how commited and interested you are.
Stop encouraging people with crappy, lame, non-RPerish names continue to disrupt and tarnish RP.
I am an elitist, what can I say?
-Mal
Dymm Crowley
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is that Tarothin is SUCH an artiwhore and we should all hate him IRL for it. In fact, I'd be willing to bet he fights with artifacts IRL too so take caution!

... Yes, I was joking.

Anyway... Long time no talk, Cloud. Send me an ICQ some time, eh?

Personally, if I'm trying to RP with someone with a totally un-RP name, no matter what anyone says, it IS distracting. I can deal with it, sure, once I know that they're a good RPer after all, but... People will always have first impressions and there's no way to change that. Either change your name, get a new char or simply deal with the way people are.
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF??? I'm going to violent3 your :bootyshake: now for calling me names!! Everyone knows I am outspoken and will speak out in defence fool!! *whispers* ....and how did you know I use arti's in RL?

hehe,

Yo, whats up Dymm? Has been a while. Hows it going with the blood Rogues?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: