Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Writing Prompt #5 - Introspection

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 am Post subject: Writing Prompt #5 - Introspection Reply with quote

For whatever reason, your character needs to do some deep thought. Where does he/she/it go to be alone with thier thoughts? What would they think about?

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Tari
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, odd you would pick Introspection...I just wrote some of that.

Hell Hath No Fury...
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam walked up the steps to the Britannia Royal Zoo, nodded to Iakas the Zookeeper, and kept walking. She paused at each pen to look upon the creatures she had seen many times before, but kept down the stone path until she reached an enclosure of hedges, where a single crane bobbed back and forth. Each of these beasts seemed content inside its restricted section. They knew nothing of the outside world anymore, if they even ever had. She sat and leaned against the hedges with her back to the crane, watching the gate of the yamandon's pen. This was the only place where a creature like him could glance across and see a bog thing, every day. Every day was the same for them. A yamandon in the wild could tear you apart in seconds, and here this one sat cooped up, with so much deadly potential gone wasted. She was completely safe here, with him right in front of her. That seemed so unnatural.

She removed her boots and cast them aside, stretching her legs out, and wiggling her toes in the cool breeze that was often felt on Verity Isle. Often times she came here to think. The animals were the only living souls here, and they were the only sound that would reach her ears. She knew no one would think to look for her here, and she liked that. She took out a pear and bit into it, knowing within minutes her baby would move. At first it had weirded her out for a while, but now she was growing to crave the kicking. She decided she had been completely insane to think this baby's father cared for her at all. Now she even wondered if this was his plan all along. To trick her into thinking everything was alright, and get himself a new apprentice out of it. Every couple of months he visited her, asked about the baby and left. She was beginning to hate seeing him show up. Very little part of her was interested in seeing him, or hearing his snippy little comments.

Sure enough, she soon felt little pops against her stomach. She closed her eyes and laid her head back against the hedge, placing a hand on her belly. She believed this child was the only thing she could put all her effort and love into and get it back completely. She was certain that if she never saw Azunda again, she wouldn't care at all.
Solanaceae
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go...

Echoes from Beyond the Veil
aulbrey
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked through the same stone archways several times before this time was different, the light caught the stone carvings in just the right places that seemed to bring the statues to life as i walked further down the ancient path after a half a days journey i stood before the gates of the most holy of places. A sense of peacefulness over whelmed my very existence. I reached out and slowly opened the door and smiled as I entered the tavern hidden deep in the forest.

There at the end of the bar my own piece of heaven, I made my way to my bar stool and slowly lowered myself to it. I did not need to order anything it seemed to be a endless supply of anything i desired. i pulled the bottle to my lips and began to drink the cool liquid inside. this was a place i could think, this was a place to escape to without worries of interruptions. i began thinking of the events that led me to this place, was i really here...did this place really exist.....am really dead.
these thoughts came running through my mind often. one constant though always crept into my mind i turned around only to be facing the bar yet again

I tried escaping but each attempt brought me to the same place... this tavern was it my own personal hell was i really dead i looked down and began cursing at the thought that i would never leave this place then i looked up to see the lamp in the corner.........bob is that you?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: