Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Volunteers Needed for ARPC Support Staff Positions!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 pm Post subject: Volunteers Needed for ARPC Support Staff Positions! Reply with quote

Are you part of the ARPC?

Have you ever wanted to take on a greater role in the community?

Do you have a drive and passion to assist and imagine?

We are looking for motivated roleplayers to join an expansive project that will be responsible for assisting the growth and development of our community.

The Community Support Team will be involved in a variety of different facets, from organizing community oriented events, spreading awareness of the ARPC through in and out of game mediums, guiding and directing new community members and roleplayers, and motivating the membership of the ARPC to actively promote and participate in the community at large.

More information will arrive once a team has been established and the foundations of this project have taken form.

These volunteer positions are open to anyone and everyone in the community. If you are interested, please post below and you will be added as a member of the Support Staff.
Ariana Lenoir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:28 am Post subject: Re: Volunteers Needed for ARPC Support Staff Positions! Reply with quote

We have a great group of people in this community, but we need fresh faces. I know a couple guilds are thriving, but many are mostly populated with alternate of existing members. We need to spread the word about our community. With the rumors of rp communities across all the shards struggling... some of these people will be looking for a home. Some folks have never learned what role-playing is and are caught up in the stereotype that you have to talk in thee's and thou's or that all that it entails is a group of folks emoting about drinking an ale. We need to show the world our stories, our passion and what drives each of us to call this place our home.

I ask each of you to take a moment to really think about how if we are successful how much it will benefit our community as a whole. This isn't about guild recruitment... this is about community recruitment. So many are concerned only with recruitment for their guild that they forget that you might have the best guild in the world... but role-playing without antagonists, without variety and especially without that spark a new role-player can give to a situation... becomes dull and faded.

This will take work. This will take away from your own time as you help a new rper learn what the community has to offer or showing the global community across shards just how much our community kicks ass... but that time will be returned ten-fold by new faces, by fresh ideas and by that spark of new passionate members who will continue our work by spreading the word around.

The lull we have is from summer. It happens all across the communities every year. One year however, folks are not going to come back. The activity will not rekindle as it has in years past. It will fade and those of who are left will feel the cold bite of a reality we could have prevented. It's happening all around us in other communities who are struggling to stay afloat... rping with the same player with different faces... guilds packed with the same players until you have battles where they essentially fight their own guildmates in painted masks of another character... communities that fracture and divide because familiarity and boredom have festered like wounds from a parasite that is eating them from the inside out.

Please consider taking a position on the team... even if you decide you can't devote your time to joining the support team for our community... there are little ways everyone can help. A friendly PM to a new storyteller... the five seconds it takes to post hi to a new member of the community... cheer-leading your fellow role-players when they do something nice or good... these are things everyone can and should do... and we can do it together... as one community and family.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I already do most if not all that sort of stuff, I hereby volunteer.
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still new but many do know me. When we rp in Haven ect it does draw attention. I will help if you need me. I know I still have alot to learn but have been in game many years =) but not till last little bit did I even think of rping. It just wasnt out there for me to see or watch and I have been playing * starts to count fingers then starts on other hand* well like I said a while. =)
Hellion Darkmoon
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i am not in any Guild in the ARPC as of yet... i have many years of Role-Playing under my belt. I am willing to help in anyway that is needed.
Cuthbert
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I just came back after an extended absence, but I would be more than willing to help. I can still RP! And I'd still prefer it be about ale, Ariana! Laughing

No, but really, I am happy to lend a hand where and when it is needed. I do remember recruiting newer players to the RP community in my first go-round. There are some bumps along the way - some people decide RP just really isn't for them - but overall I think it ended up being fun for both the recruitee and recruiter.

Cuth 10:01 PM: hey man what ended up happening?
Isk 10:02 PM: I killed an orc, the other 4 killed me then they peed on me and the banner.
Cuth 10:03 PM: lmao. okay, so we must get them back
Isk 10:04 PM: I got f**kin peed on. so, yea

Long gone but not forgotten:
Humanis Homepage
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to help.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Bryelle Vaughn
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to help. I plaster these boards as it is on various characters. Getting fresh new rp into the community is a wonderful goal. So if you have room please consider me as well.
Ariana Lenoir[3:53 pm] She has all the subtlety of a rampaging elephant.
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help. Maybe Humanis Voice style internet paper write up about community events we can show off on stratics. <-Halister's idea.
Marius
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help in any way that I can, just let me know if you need me.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would love to help. Any way I can put efforts into the community I am there!
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
WilliamCastle
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly give up any spare time to help
Drayden Calamyr
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Got everyone who applied so far added. Smile

Check out the brain dump thread and if you all have ideas on the proposed structure, or ideas on what the team can do/accomplish, feel free to get some discussion going.
Kaylor
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to help!

Used to be shard reporter for Lake Superior Stratics. Was also a staff writer for Nurses Lounge Magazine Dallas/Ft Worth in 2006, if any sort of 'reporting/interviewing' might be of assistance!

However, will be happy to assist in whatever way might be needed!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: