Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Two EM Events This Week!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:58 pm Post subject: Two EM Events This Week! Reply with quote

This is from an email sent out to the event notification mailing list that EM Nestor set up:

Two Events This Week:

Wednesday September 8th, 2010 @ 7pm EST (The Three Spider Queens, Event#2)

The meeting place for this event will be Josiah Havel's Home, just east of the River's Gate Bridge in Britain (Tram).

Friday Night September 10, 2010 8:00 PM EST

Last assignments From the Shadowy Figure

Starting Location: The Shadowy Figure Oracle North of Minoc FEL.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:29 am Post subject: Re: Two EM Events This Week! Reply with quote

Dryzzid wrote:

The meeting place for this event will be Josiah Havel's Home, just east of the River's Gate Bridge in Britain (Tram).

BUMP

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: Two EM Events This Week! Reply with quote

Cear Dallben ZOG wrote:
Dryzzid wrote:

BUMP

Bump. I don't see a single roleplayer here and these people have better formation than any of you!

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Ariana Lenoir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Dryzzid.

Unfortunately, I didn't get home from being out of town until after tonight's event.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The event went rather quick but there were some very interesting aspects of it that really make it stick out in my mind.

Firstly, the story writing leading up to it. Often times at the EM events I have attended prior to Bennu, the first 15 minutes of the event was sitting and wading through DEWD text to find out what exactly the mission was. That was not the case with this event (and Bennu's prior event). There were stories posted, plenty of notification, etc. What I am trying to say is that we all knew what we were doing before we showed up. So the pre-event speech was short and we got down to the killing.

Secondly, the items dropped on the bosses all had to be turned in to the EM to continue the quest. So rushing to kill the boss wasn't the biggest priority. That is also because...

thirdly, the event item drops weren't on monsters. They were laying on the ground. That is awesome in my opinion. Some found their items by searching areas that were FAR away from where the actual objective bosses were. Seeing alternate distribution methods for EM items is a good thing in my mind.

And lastly, while the event itself was over rather quickly (30-45 minutes, if that), EM Bennu stayed at the EM hall for almost an hour afterward talking with players and answering their questions.

All in all, I was pretty impressed. Oh. I forgot, there were 3 simultaneous objectives so the HUGE group of people that would have caused paralyzing lag was split 3 ways, and lag wasn't really an issue Smile
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize he'd left the area, I was distracted by people killing dryad spiders by the peninsula. I'll pop back by the place after the next event to see what ole' Bennu has to say.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: