Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Looking for a Role-play shard
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started
View previous topic :: View next topic
Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 pm Post subject: Looking for a Role-play shard Reply with quote

Hello to the members of ARPC;

I am Lord Shimakaze, Leader of a small RP Guild on Great Lakes, we Role-play people of the lands of Tokuno (http://tokunodefenseforces.proboards.com/index.cgi).
I am submitting this post to inquire about your Role-play community. I have been playing UO going on four years; most of that time was on Europa. We are currently on Great Lakes, I moved here at the request of a friend and fellow player. What I have found since moving here is the lack of Role-playing, and when found, it’s been of poor quality, unless it’s been among our own guild members or one or two members from other guilds that have Role-players but are not in Role-play guilds.

I have read your boards and have a few questions; I guess you could say I’m shopping for a new shard. Yours, Catskill and Europa are the ones we are looking at.

1. Armor and weapons; do you use only GM weapons or is anything allowed?
2. If we transferred into this shard, would we be required to join a guild or could we maintain the guild that we started?
3. Do you follow UO lore or have you branched out from that using it as a base and creating your own sub history?
4. What is housing like on your shard? If we transferred over, we would be coming with 5 to 8 accounts, which currently are all 18 x 18 in size and are totally built for Role-Play (i.e. Inns, hospital, Workshops, Nursery for plants, and private homes.)

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you. Should you have any question or concerns please feel free to contact me at ICQ: 441049714.

Lord Shimakaze
Tokuno Defense Forces (TDF)
Zerin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

1) All equipment is allowed on this shard.
2) Establishing your own guild rather than joining a premade one is certainly doable. In order to start highlighting other guilds, your guild will need to apply for membership in the ARPC. However, you will still be able to freely rp with community members and get a feel for what's going on in the world from the very start.
3) Official UO lore is recognized here, though of course a lot of history has been established here over the years through rp.
4) Atlantic has a fairly high population and housing can be a chore at first if you're used to low population shards where empty spaces big enough to drop large houses in are common. However, there's always IDOCs and houses for sale.

As a side note, one thing I've always enjoyed since moving here from Catskills is the territory control system this community has in place. Details of this system, as well as community rules and information on how to register your guild can be found here: http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14297
Tazar
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also create a new character here and come for a visit before making a permanent decision. Tavern nights are held every Monday evening at 9pm eastern and provide a good opportunity to meet people and see what all is going on. For more information on tavern nights can be found in the sticky posts in this forum.

The RP guilds also have a lot of player run towns and establishments on various facets and the guilds support various playstyles centered around RP.

Stop by for a visit sometime. *smiles*

Lord of "Falling Waters Fortress", the home of "The Order of the Drunken Elders"
Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 pm Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I did just that, currently looking for a place to call home so we may start transferring chars over
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Atlantic!

Looks like Zerin was awesome and answered all your questions, so I will just point out that you don't have to be an official ARPC guild to war ARPC guilds, only to ally them. You do need to be ARPC to claim land or fight for it.

Atlantic has a Tokuno based guild, which came from Great Lakes, also, I believe. Maybe you know of the Blue Lotus Clan? You can contact them on these forums if you are interested in re-uniting with old friends. Smile

I look forward to seeing you in game Smile
Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

right now I'm just looking to find any role players on shard, seems they are all currently in hiding. This is the same problem I'm having on Great Lakes, can't seem to find RPer on line. As for Blue Lotus they were long gone before I got to Great Lakes.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiding? Nah, we're just getting home =P. Do you have ICQ? I can give you a book of RP hotspots.

My ICQ #271 806 558

Look forward to seeing you in game!
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also go into ARPC chat and just holler we all answer =) Welcome hope to see you around.
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun times last night Osan!
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget tavern night this monday!

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking for 3 days now for a place to build a home so we can transfer, will continue to look. I thought Great Lakes had to many keeps, castles and towers...this shard puts them to shame. If anyone one knows of a spot please let me know. The bigger the better, we would perfer nothing in fel, would hate to trasfer over with a full back pack and packies only to loose it all to some Fel players.
Tazar
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

With the larger population on Atlantic, available housing spots for placement are rare. Pre-placed spots are expensive - I have an 18x18 for 22 million available - they seem to normally go for 25 to 30 or more depending on the location. If I run across anything available I'll leave you a message here (Or if you have ICQ, shoot me a message to 286-771-023 and I'll notify you that way).

Lord of "Falling Waters Fortress", the home of "The Order of the Drunken Elders"
Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazar wrote:
With the larger population on Atlantic, available housing spots for placement are rare. Pre-placed spots are expensive - I have an 18x18 for 22 million available - they seem to normally go for 25 to 30 or more depending on the location. If I run across anything available I'll leave you a message here (Or if you have ICQ, shoot me a message to 286-771-023 and I'll notify you that way).

My ICQ was in my first post at the bottom, I should have put it at the top, seems everyone misses it there ICQ: 441049714. I shall gather up more gold so I can buy a plot. The one you have available, may I ask the location? Thanks for your help.
Tazar
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in Malas - just Southwest of Umbra between the city and the lake. It is in the desert and seems to be a no-spawn area. On the ARPC maps, it is in the area defined as U-11.

Shimakaze
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Tazar TDF now has a home on Atlantic, we thank him for his support. Let the transfers begin, so long Great Lakes.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: