Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Lord Raven of Minoc (MAGX)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started
View previous topic :: View next topic
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 am Post subject: Lord Raven of Minoc (MAGX) Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I am interested in becoming involved in RP.

First, some personal (OOC) information.

I started playing in the pre-tram/fel days then took a break for a few years, returning about 4 years ago.
    Currently, I have three active accounts. Each character is designed with a personal history and personality.
    My guild (MAGX) is a small family guild consisting mainly of my own characters and the characters of one close friend.
    I am familiar with the basic rules of RP, but have never solely dedicated a character completely to RP.

Having said that, I would like to introduce Lord Raven of Minoc. Raven is my "main" character, I created when I re-started playing UO. I think that of all of my characters, he would make a good "starter" RP character.

The many changes taking place in the land (namely the election of a King), that have sparked my interest in joining the RP community. Since Raven has not participated in RP up to this event, I was considering introducing him as someone who has paid little attention to politics, but is now taking a more focused interest, and developing a personal stance on the current issues.

Since most of my "guildmates" are actually other characters on my accounts, I could introduce them as their own personalities/skills became necessary to the RP plotline. Basically I play these characters as people who have benefited from Raven's assistance at key points in their lives, thus they offer a certain amount of loyalty to him.

Now that you know a little something about Raven, let me step back and ask a couple of questions before I dive into this...

First, I'm trying to decide how much I should know about everyone, and everything. Since Raven has only taken a recent interest in politics, it only follows that would not have an encyclopedic knowledge of current events, guilds and players. On the other hand, I realize that I will be expected to have some basic knowledge of these things so that I don't place an undue burden on other RP'ers I may come in contact with.

To that end, I am looking for ideas on what I should know... links to existing storylines online, or (preferably) locations of in-game libraries, etc., that would have books that Raven could study IC while he learns more about local politics. Raven would also need to begin meeting characters in-game to establish opinions of them, their political leanings, etc. (Raven has read the writings of Isk).

In closing, I invite you to introduce yourself to Raven in game. Perhaps you saw him at the recent meeting at the castle, and are intrigued by his comments? I'll leave it up to all of you to decide how you will meet Raven and under what circumstances.

One final question... as I mentioned, I have multiple accounts and may introduce other characters into RP as members of the MAGX guild. Is it acceptable to play 2 characters simultaneously (not in combat/PvP), just RP chat? For example, if Raven wanted to introduce one of his associates?

I look forward to your replies.

Lord Raven of Minoc (MAGX)
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/heRFLc
Twitter: @ravenofminoc (feel free to DM me anytime)
Blog: http://bit.ly/dWcrF9 I write IC and RL stuff.
I don't use ICQ anymore.

* One of my characters owns a home just North of Hanse's Hostel in Malas (tram).
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards. I cant wait to meet you in game. WHen you get a chance turn on ARPC chat and let all of us know you are on and we can come rp with you. you know just happen to bump into a stranger. There is a great bunch here. Again welcome.
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome Lady Wynn.

I looked for the chat and didn't see it... is it an option of this board? Until I figure that out, you can Tweet me (direct message), it goes straight to my BlackBerry and I'll come a'runnin! @ravenofminoc

Right now I've got one of my other chars re-decorating her house in Malas to make it more "guildy." I'll be back on Raven in a while.

BTW, Nice Polar Bear! I guess I can put out one public bit about Raven, his familiar is the Polar Bear, and he has been known to polymorph into PB form for celebrations.

The rest you'll have to learn for yourself. Shocked
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome to the community. I think I saw you at the meeting last night.

When she says ARPC chat, she means the chat function in the game itself. There's a channel you can join—it's easy to pick out from the list. Should say "Atlantic RP".

If you're interested, I'll be holding a meeting of Rosar's in-game philosophical movement, the Eternal Path, on the 12th at 8:00 pm EDT at the Counselor's Guild in Trammel, Jhelom. Everyone is invited. You don't have to speak if you don't want to, but everyone is encouraged to do so. Here's the in-character handbill: http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27589

Aside from that, there should be a tavern night next Monday at 9:00 pm. It looks like Mazewood is up. That's in Felucca, at 60o 38'S, 25o 56'W. You can check here and here for more information on tavern night. Goodman's Rune Library just outside the northern wall of Zento has a runebook on the front steps containing runes to RP locations, including all the taverns in the rotation.

I think these are both good ways of meeting other people in-game.

As for history, I know there's a library somewhere, but I can't recall the location. Someone else should be able to tell you.

Anyway, I hope we'll get a chance to speak. I hope you have fun!
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rosar, I am in the chat channel now.

I have marked both dates in my calendar and will certainly attend.

Thanks for the info!
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Grand_Library

The library is there, however it is currently set on private for discretionary purposes due to rumors of an exploit that could affect it. It should be reopen shortly once things are confirmed safe.
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, it's locked up tight. I'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks.
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes game chat I should of been more clear. And the polar bear I am always riding it =) I love it.
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a very very important question on roleplay etiquette... Is it acceptable to use hotbar emotes or in RP is one expected to type all emotes longhand? I would not want to come across as insincere by macroing emotes! *smiles*
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, May I say welcome to you sir!

I hope your time here is enjoyable.

Secondly in response to your question, obviously I am sure there are varying opinions on whether to hotbar your emotes or not but I dont see much issue in it.

We certainly have no clue you are doing it, and it helps maintain a certain level of non spelling errors which I am notorious for. I always do the famous *msiles*

In any case I dont see why it would be an issue, I know people that do it regularly with certain key phrases.

Take care of yourself and see you soon in game.
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my tounge may have been in my cheek for that post on hotbar etiquette. Rolling Eyes If Atlantic RP'ers would take offense at macroing emotes then I've probably gotten myself in over my head!

However, it does bring up the possibility of clicking the wrong emote button at an inappropriate time... *smile* (ing) after a serious challenge by another player might get me wacked, as they would think I was mocking them!

One hotbar icon I created just today disarms my shield for social settings. I debated whether a spellbook would also be considered a weapon (and thus disarmed except for battle), but then a mage would feel naked without a spellbook in hand!

I'm going to re-read the Atlantic RP ROC again this evening to prepare myself for attending the upcoming events.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think my tounge may have been in my cheek for that post on hotbar etiquette.

*msiles*

Quote:
One hotbar icon I created just today disarms my shield for social settings. I debated whether a spellbook would also be considered a weapon (and thus disarmed except for battle), but then a mage would feel naked without a spellbook in hand!

Then how would mages conjure up tasty viddles for me!
Celestia
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Raven of Minoc

Greetings:

As First Daughter to Lord Ikrua Shimakaze of House Shimakaze and Lady in Waiting to the Imperial Court of Tokuno, I would like to take this oppertunity to welcome you and say that we all look forward to meeting you in game.

Please consider this an open invitation to vist the city of Zento as our guest and partake of our peoples hospitality.

May Your Gods Watch Over and Protect You.

Sincererly,

Lady Yoshi Shimikaze
Tenji to Her Imperial Majesty
First Daughter to House shimakaze
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your warm welcome Lady Shimikaze.

I was twice in Zento today mending armor at the finest tailor shop in all of Sosaria. I plan on attending Tavern Night this evening so perhaps we can meet then.

-Lord Raven
Raven of Minoc
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

04/04/11-Double Dagger Inn-13.05 N 45.25 E in Malas (Near umbra city)

I'm off to a good start... I thought last night was Tavern Night (May seems to start earlier and earlier every year!)

So... I was wondering why nobody was at the Double Daggar Inn, now I know. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: