Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Long forgotten

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Himeko Kukiko
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 pm Post subject: Long forgotten Reply with quote

The sun shone brightly down on the three of them. Ni’Xuin helping Maemi stand, as she awkwardly jerked her legs back and forth trying to walk, Himeko sat across from them holding her hands out encouraging Maemi to walk to her. The air around them was filled with the wind brushing the leaves of the trees over head, the small laugher of Maemi, and the sweet words urging the baby to walk from her eager mother. Either of the women noticed the man that approached from the street.

Ni’Xuin was the first to take notice of the stranger, pulling the baby to her lap, sitting up straight as an arrow. Himeko followed her aunt’s gaze, rising to her feet in one motion as she was taught as not to ruin the folds made in her kimono.

“Konnichiwa, dochirache” Himeko stepped out from the shade her small frame silhouetted by the odd man. Bowing to her slowly rising from the waist looking down at her, “Gashi, I mean you no harm, I was enjoying the small one” Ni seem to grow uncomfortable as the words came from his mouth.

Ni began to collect her things, standing holding a small folded cloth bag in the crook of her arm, the child straddling her hip, “Himeko, we should return, Maemi will be ready for her nap soon.” An odd urgency sprinkled in with the command. The man bowed respectfully, with a snarled smile locking his eyes on Ni.

“What a lovely name. Are you from Makoto?” Himeko nodded her head, with a quick reply, “Do not become too familiar Sir, my father would not be pleased” Setting her shoulders back she looked up at the man with an arrogance. “Ko… We should be on our way…” her gaze followed with the slow turn of her head, Ko saw a look crossed her aunt’s face as if she was staring at a ghost. “Enjoy the city” Himeko sneered, turning to walk off with Ni and Maemi.
Under his breath, the man offered his reply, “I shall young one, I shall”
Daizen
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

He had seen much. Ichiro, Himeko, Ni'Xuin. However he still had not seen his brothers son. This was a key factor. For his nephew he had heard, traitor to his family that he was, was not something to trifle with. Splaying his fingers to his chin he tapped them against his chin, deep in thought. His mind went over his plans trying to calculate every outcome. He came to the decision that he should in the future, avoid Ni'Xuin he could see the stiffening of her posture, some memory long remained.

He needed to concentrate on someone, more unknown to him, someone young and easily guided. His thoughts turned to the girl, Himeko. Were the rumors he heard really true? Was this girl, being cultured for the Tokunese throne? He smiled, if so then that was fortunate. She must be feeling somewhat lonely, as he knew that heirs were sectioned away from even thier parents. It was custom, duty and a great honor. Often times thier ladys-in-waiting and nursemaids becoming surrogate parents.

He must proceed with caution though, his nephews son, was very bright, loyal and devoted. He must know more of them. Who thier mother was, where thier father is. The only way to achieve this was to move closer. Then once the information was obtained perhaps he would call on a bit of help. The corners of his mouth upturned. He pulled a pouch from his belongings, peering inside it. It was still safely inside. Soon, Soon, All in good time.
Daizen
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The Messenger entered the room with him he carried a scroll.

My apologies Honorable Saga, It seems this should of been delivered to you some time ago.

Daizen stared at the man, calmly, retrieving the lost letter. Just that no explanation eh? You bring me a letter months later and you have no reason behind it? What sort of game are you playing? What sort of game is your master playing.

Again, apologies, No games I swear to you. The man bit his lip fear rising inside him. The man got down on his hands and knees prostrating himself in repentance before him. My master was so focused upon your task it seems that he overlooked this notification.

Daizen opened the parchment scanning the message. Aaah! So the man has been detained then? Your master says the traitor has been found? My family shall at last find peace and justice?

Yes Milord it is joyous news! Came the muffled response from the man on the floor.

Daizen gripped his blade he wanted nothing more then to cut the mans head off. Swift anger was of no use here, however. You have done well messenger, and now I beg you return to your lord, with a message.

SWIFTLY THIS TIME!

Tell your master to keep this man well guarded, he is a traitor to the crown. One of the murderous Hanzigiri's. Also speak not his name to anyone, he is to be kept hidden away his name not uttered. I will deal with this traitor myself. As soon as my business here concludes.

The messenger scrambled to his feet. The wings of the Phoenix coould not deliver me as swiftly as my feet shall carry me to my master Milord!

Daizen bowed slightly as the messenger left. He grasped his cane. He hunched his back. He gave a slight cough for good measure. It sounded horrid and pitiful.

Excellent, there Daizen you old fool, you have your answer! This is why your nephew has not been seen about.

He cackled as he humbly, and slowly made his way to the Teahouse........

One down, One to go, now to get rid of that pesky woman stealing my seat...
Bishimi
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*skritch skritch*

For quite some time now that noise has been his only friend. The man had no idea how long he has been here, or even where here is. The lack of windows in his cell makes it difficult to establish time or location. The best he has had to go on was the feint sounds of the animals through the walls….and the accent of his captors. While he was sure the people that have come to him were simply grunts doing their assigned duty and not the man, or men, responsible for his presence here. Their accents were clear even behind their veiled faces and muffled voices; one cannot hide a Tokunese tongue.

*skritch skritch*

He smiled. It only lasted briefly as he remembered the events that brought him here. A trip made under false pretences, a fight that could hardly be called that as it was so one sided (but as he looks back on it, clearly a trap meant for him alone), and an attack that left him here, in this room. He felt like an Oshiego all over again, these men knew what they were doing. It was darkness for a long time after being brought here. His blindfold was not removed for what seemed to be months. The rope that bound his hands left in place for just as long. It took him days to figure out how to eat while bound, even longer to call his familiar, longer yet for it to make any progress on these walls.

*skritch skritch*

He heard footsteps. “Time for dinner,” he thought to himself “death for me is clearly not an option here, they need me alive.” He waited for the grunt to bring him food, expected the same sound of the tray being slipped under the bars of his cell. It was a name that broke him of the repetitiveness of his situation.... sometimes, that is all it takes. “Shinta, it has been far too long.” He knew that voice, it was not possible but he knew his uncles voice when he heard it. “But that is not what you call yourself these days is it…Bishimi?”

*skritch skri…*

Even the rat knew…The Soke had business that needed tending here.
Ni'Xuin
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Brushing the stray wisps of hair that always denied to be held back from her lashes, Ni settled at her loom, Maemi had nearly grown out of the clothing designed for an infant, and with mobility, Maemi was impossible to keep from moving.

The skew, the movement of her hands, combined with the soft coos and gurgles of delight coming from her daughter held a hypnotic quality to it. This quiet time always lent to her mind to wander about the many things she was privy too; private messages to the Empress, the frustration or delight her husband mustered though because of his rank among her brother’s men… “And what of Bishimi”… Ni let escape her lips, the worry she held for his safety, this absence was not like him, not from his duties, not from his children that were practically grown before her eyes and began to hold their own duties within the household of not only her brother’s, but that of the Empress.

Maemi tugged at her arm standing next to her with bits of rice sprinkled across her mouth, chin and cheeks, with a sparely toothy smile. “Maemi, stay just as you are, do not grow up on mama” Ni sung this deniable request to her child, wiping her face. “Father will come soon, to play with you” Poor Ichiro and Ko, even Ni’s best attempts to keep his memory well at the forethought of their minds, she knew distance and time would never make up for his presence. Kissing each of her cheek, Ni set the baby off to explore the workshop and the basket of scrap cloth and thread.

The rhythm of the skew set her mind to thought…
Poor Merci, she seemed a shell of her once self, her children for reasons unknown to her had drifted from her, the issues with the Stonegate Crystals that seem to plague many minds against her sister in laws people. “The Kami will see to the best result”, Ni thought, “tonight I will light incense and set prayers for my brother’s children and wife, for his men, and for my own selfish needs of having my brother close again”.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Her eyes opened slowly. Standing over her was Myrddin. How do you feel?

She could feel the impulses from the stone coarsing thru her.

I feel well Myrddin, thankyou. Stronger than I have in a long time.

Rising slowly to her feet she stared at the stone.

Myrddin, I have a confession. I have been leaving the camp often to look for my son and Bishimi. Scouring the Tokuno Islands. I think Ichiro has gone to find his father. I think Bishimi is in great danger and so is my boy. No I dont think, I know.

Do you want me to send the wolves Merci?

She paused, Stonegate badly needed the aid of the Wolves for their own issues at this time, however, Bishimi's need was greater. For Better or For Worse, In Health and in Sickeness. The words now held great meaning for her.

The crystals plague our people, for some reason, our suffering is nothing to others. They care only for themselves. It is time for one clan to act for another, to give, to think less selfishly of themselves. Bishimi is as important as any of our own, and his people need him. I know his absence is felt heavily among his men and I fear for the Empire without him there.

She stared down at the ring on her finger, it was entitled and inscribed with Bishimi's name. She could see his face, hear his voice and feel him next to her. It was not so long ago that they stood and placed swords in strength together.

Yes Myrddin, send the wolves, perhaps just their cries will inspire him, surround him with the knowledge that there are those that look..that have not forgotten..

With a silent nod from the Wolf King, a large White wolf stepped forward, and pressed its nose against Merci's ring, at the kings command the white wolf set out, carrying that vague scent with him, his howl breaking thru the silent night.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: