Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

FINALLY GEORGE RR MARTIN WILL PUBLISH BOOK 5!!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cat Lyxen
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm Post subject: FINALLY GEORGE RR MARTIN WILL PUBLISH BOOK 5!! Reply with quote

A Dance with Dragons is finally set to release on the 12th of July, 2011. Several dates for its release was previously announced but was not accomplished by author George R. R. Martin. Now that the novel is actually (almost) completed, I don’t think we’ll be in for any more disappointments!

WOOHOO!! Time to reread them ALL OVER AGAIN!!
'I'll end with an edit to Ditto's post since she obviously doesn't grasp the man code.......................having your sister entertained by another gentleman gives you clearance to entertain their sister without retribution while taking care of mom leads to a blood fued which can only end in death" Gnarlug
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the Song of Ice and Fire Wiki to remember it all like I did. I read them in 2003... I am way to lazy to read them again. Internet cheating for the win.
Ekoth Ilzaeum
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is cold in here.

jk. Razz

I didn't know there were any other fans of the series here, or I would've made a post about this awhile ago too. It only took him what, 6 years to write this one? Tuesday is so near... I can't wait for this. And the three biggest POV chapters are Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. Three of my favorites.

I've already requested work off that day.

He just really better not take 5-6 years to write the next, and the other after that. I'm hoping with the show (which is also fantastic), he'll be more pressured to get the series done before he dies, because, let's face it, he's gettin' kinda old. But I don't want him to rush it so it's bad.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remembered reading that his big mental block was book 4/5 due to not knowing how to avoid or deal with awkward flashbacks. He lamented not having the children be 3-4 years older to avoid that awkward time gap, which is why the kids in the TV series are all much older. Or something like that.

TL;DR, I get the impression that the major block he claimed to have is mostly over, so hopefully between that and, like Ekoth said, being pressured to finish it in a timely manner due to the TV series, we'll see all the books before he dies Razz

Is there any other TV adaptation of everything that went 7 seasons? I hope it makes it the whole way D:
Ekoth Ilzaeum
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it going a whole 7 seasons. People loved the first season, and I think each book gets better every time, except for A Feast for Crows, which I still loved, but I understand why it wasn't as fantastic as the others. I just wonder how they'll handle the adaptation for book 4. Obviously they won't make that season completely based off AFfC with so many main characters missing. My guess is they'll combine A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons and make it play out in two seasons chronologically, possibly scrapping some of the new, not-so-major characters, although I hope they include as many as they can.

Tuesday is almost here. I'm all excited like I was when the last Harry Potter book came out.
Galathan
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekoth Ilzaeum wrote:
It sure is cold in here.

That's because winter is coming.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ekoth Ilzaeum
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I'm going to be done with this book within days probably. Totally worth the wait.
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio books from the internets
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: