Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

*A Journal* Page 1

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Azreal Lu`Rael
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:18 am Post subject: *A Journal* Page 1 Reply with quote

*You see a book crafted in human flesh with a symbol upon its front of a black rose...a lone droplet of blood falling from one of its pedals.. the words within scribed in blood*

Journal Entry: One

*Date Unknown*

Well.. if your reading this I have either attained final death or lost this damn thing. Regardless of the means in which you acquired this little treat it is important for you to know the reasoning behind this little dish I have prepared for you. I write not for you my reader oh no.. I write only for myself naturally.

I am alone in this place and madness begins to creep into my mind. My thoughts turn to this as a method of keeping what sanity I have left. How long I shall be able to hold fast to it... I know not...

Oh my how rude.. I have not even introduced myself...

I am Azreal De Lu`Rael and I am a vampire. Not the only vampire mind you but certainly one of the most fair and now seemingly one of the oldest remaining of our high blood.

I of course was not always such a creature; I was much like you once. I was born ages past, the exact date now lost to me by the flood of time.

I was a young man whom called our city of nobles home. Oh how simple life was then! I sometimes long to return to the ignorance and bliss of mortality but alas.. this of course is not possible.

The details of my childhood are of no importance; I was born into a noble family and grew much like any other child of society. When I had become a young man I had taken up the arts such as painting and performance. Such small things would warm my heart and give my fancy and soul flight.

I loved art, society life, and Annabelle.

Oh Annabelle... how I yearn to see your face once more.... Forgive me...

She was a young woman born into a poor family. Her father was a Thatcher whom would weave nets and various things to protect his family from the harsh living within the wilds.

Annabelle was his one joy and source of life, his wife having passed during her birth.

Young Anna dreamed such wonderful dreams....
Many of them had inspired my work...

I first came upon her while on my then usual ride through the countryside; she had been walking through the woods in search of fruits and leaf in which to feed her family.

Her eyes... oh her eyes were like a deep ocean.. brilliant and vibrant blue.. I was lost within them upon first glance.

I began to ride through the forests more often hoping to see her face once more. Over time we had become close and quickly fell into a love. Father eventually found out about her and became violent and angry...

"How can you do this! You embarrass our family with this common wench!? Do you know what people are saying? Use her for what you will and get rid of her!"

The words echo now within my mind as if just spoken.. Haunting me..

It did not take long for my father to arrange a marriage between myself and a young noble of the house of Nujel'm. I was broken... I knew not what to do...

Much to my regret.. I did nothing.. and I was wed.

Why didn’t I stop it!! Stand up to father!?

Young Annabelle was found several days later hanging upon our tree... the place we met and shared ourselves with one another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before long I had become a drunk and an embarrassment to my family. The loss of Anna was much more then I could stand.

In the end I wished for rest. I waited for death to take me, and much to my horror, it did.

The Shadowlords came with fire, pestilence, and armies of rotting flesh.
The lands burned and twisted with the shadow. Father tried with all his might to hold back the invasion with his most trusted friend, but alas, all were cut down and cast into shadow.

Darkness took hold of my hollow corpse and mutilated it.. twisted it.. Perfected it...
I was reborn beautiful and dark as midnight.
I had become the black rose.

For many years I had fought and destroyed the races of men, driven by the pain and despair of the past. My new brothers in shadow were my family and people now.

The race of men, elves, dwarves..

THEY ALL DESERVED PAIN!
MY PAIN!

How could they all sit about in their little hovels laughing with joy and contentment while -I- suffer! They all needed to know my pain and I gladly shared it with them. Oh yes.

Loneliness, Hate, Despair, Cruelty of fate...

These things I brought to all and with each newly fashioned corpse.. I felt peace.. but only for a moment.. then I had to kill another...and another..and another...

BUT THEN THEY ALL WOULD BE DEAD!

and I was alone once more... my hatred and despair growing for our next destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The vanquish of your world began sometime ago; my kin and I had come to sow the seeds of entropy and decay. All went as it usually did, the screaming and wailing, the low moans of the newly made undead, the knawing and tearing of flesh.

One thing had been different though.. a man known only as the Avatar had begun to interfere with our work along with the M'Real house.

How could they defeat us?

Despite our efforts.. we were defeated and cast into the great abyss.
Many seasons passed as I lay within the great void until suddenly.. I was released.

How? Why? I didn’t care.. I was free. I had awoken on a small beach south of the city of Britain. Men calling themselves the Stormguard had taken me from the sands and into their kingdom.
For a time I thought I could leave it all behind and live the life of a mortal man once more.. if only in my mind. The Stormguard had treated me as one of their own and eventually I was made a Stormguard.

I had fought against orcish hordes, traveled to the isle of Caina, fought in many many wars...
Eventually I was even awarded the rank of what would now be considered First Knight.

Oblivion is not so easily cast aside...

In the end I was still a creature of the night. All that remained of my humanity I knew was stripped from me and would never return. I no longer could hear the song of the forests; feel the warmth of life....
This role I could no longer play and I departed from the human kingdom of Stormhaven never to return.

It was.. to painful to linger..

This is enough for now little kine.

Hmm not much of a journal entry is it? Perhaps I should write a book instead?

No matter it is time for the hunt now..

Tootles..
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: