Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Reminiscing on old times.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dolgorath
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:34 am Post subject: Reminiscing on old times. Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I don't know who may remember me, it's been a long time. I go by Dol'Gorath and I played UO actively between 2000 and 2005 or so. I was in The Kingdom of Stormhaven, later moving on to the Order of Sanctus. I also had an Orc character in the Stormreaver Orc Clan. I've been discussing the joys of old-style MMORPGs recently with friends and the topic of Ultima Online came up. UO was my first MMORPG and it will always be a special game for me. Even more so, the Atlantic Roleplay Community formed some of my best memories both in game and out of the game.
I understand it's been many years, and everyone has moved on. But even then, I am making this post in the hopes of saying hi to old friends and acquaintances and maybe talk about old times!

To those still playing the game, how is it these days? Is there any roleplay left in the game? My house decayed long ago and I lost a lot of things I can never replace so I can't bring myself to come back even to check things out. >.>

I hope you have all been well!
I hope to hear back and have a good night!

-Dol
Drayden Calamyr
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see another old timer back!

I don't see many folks from the ARPC around these days. I got in touch with some of them on the Discord. Since you were in Sanctus you'll probably recognize a few.
To be fair, a lot of the RP is happening on Catskills nowadays, there's a dedicated community of roleplayers there that I've been hanging with for the past few weeks since I returned to the game.
If you have discord you can reach me on there @ drayden5751 and I'd be happy to get you invited to the various servers people are using.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkTrais
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dol! Good to see you on these boards!

It's strange how the waves of nostalgia hit. I haven't been on these boards in years and here I find myself browsing through them again. Not too long after you did it seems. My character was DarkerTrais, who was clearly not named with roleplay in mind lol. I played in the early 2000's as well and started my RP days in Stormhaven, later moving with Talon and many others to form Sanctus. I was probably 12 or 13 when I started playing in S*G and I did not leave the house much. Many of you were truly my friends when I was young, starting with Charles Everblue if any of you remember that kind soul.

I miss you all! When I look through these boards its like I'm looking for some long lost piece of myself I can never quite grasp to get back.

For those of you who remember me and find this years from now: I grew up! I'm in my early 30's now. I've been in and out of the army, not too far down the road from where Talon Skyfire was apparently stationed (I was artillery in the 18th airborne corp). If only I had known that then I would have visited. I am now the Director of a smaller 911 Emergency Services agency and also finishing up an RN degree. I know, it does sound chaotic. I am happily married and we have 5 children together. Yes, I do know what causes that. I rarely play video games anymore, but did recently pick up Diablo 4. It's a great way to waste an hour or so but it's not gonna work between us...

I hope nostalgia haunts all of you until we meet again!

-DarkTrais
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: