Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Anyone Interested in forging a guild with us?!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started
View previous topic :: View next topic
Doc Kade
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 pm Post subject: Anyone Interested in forging a guild with us?! Reply with quote

So I've spent some time roaming and I keep running into the same problem. All of the guilds I run across are either some sort of typical Wolfman/Vampire fairy elf unicorn guild, or they're some sort of kingdom with royalty for every city, where the rich lords and ladies sit around and talk about how swell their realms are. Sure, it took you seven years of brutal bloody war to establish your blah blah blah. I'm tired of has-been champions of this or that sittin' around in their shiny armor talkin' about how great they were. Where do scoundrels, thieves, rustlers, wranglers, pirates, mercenaries, duelists, bounty-hunters, and other adventure-seekers go to gain fame, fortune, beer, and other thrills? Where do those of us go who enjoy plowing through a dungeon to take whatever we feel like takin' at the time? Who will we turn to when we have a map to a fantastic treasure and need a hand killin' a few dozen critters between here and there? Or what if we just wanna go out and prove that there ain't a darn one of the vampire-fairies that can go one-on-one with you in a tournament? These are the questions I want to create an answer to!

I'm thinkin' of forming a very loose alliance of independent contractors, available to help each other adventure, treasure hunt, and just plain cause trouble together. We wouldn't have uniforms, constant meetings, strict rules and codes, ranks and chains of command- none of that. We could even be hired out as a guild to take part in full-scale guild conflicts, and if you wanted to join in to somebody's fight- you're welcome to it with or without the rest of us! We could be hired by one guild to hunt down someone of another guild! The possibilities are endless!

I think a guild like this could be a blast if we could get enough community support and interaction with the larger, well-established guilds in the ARPC. So if this sounds like something that could take off let me know, and throw in some more ideas- lets see if we can make this happen!

-Doc
Malo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I found your post to be interesting and yet a bit naive. In fact it is a common place reguest but a loose confederation does not long endure. What exactly do you propose to "cement" this organization together. You propose nothing that would create a group that would work together..."together" being the critical word. Perhaps you could expand on your thoughts.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: