Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

I really wish you guys had not joined factions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Moonglow Town Council
View previous topic :: View next topic
Xandros
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:17 pm Post subject: I really wish you guys had not joined factions Reply with quote

I like the idea around the guild and met some nice people but this factions crap is not my idea of fun. I don't want to sit in tram all day and when I go to fel like today a few times I was around for less than 2 minutes before I was ganked to hell and in stat.

I guess its fine if you never go to fel and want cheap arties, I suppose if you have enough people on at once to actually compete it could be ok but otherwise for me not worth how limited this makes my gameplay. That I logged in to find myself surprised that I was in factions was a bit of a piss off frankly. You guys should have just kicked me from the guild then invited me back in. Now I have to wait out three days to get out.

Good luck - if and when you leave factions look me up if you want.
Joseph Von-Elric
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of the guild voted on this actually, so if you aren't around most of the time which seems to be the problem with most people. Then it is not our fault. Also Felucca Yew isn't really gameplay, it is simple banksitting with ganks regardless of faction or not, so I don't see the point in bieng pissy. But I do appreciate your opinion and while take it into consideration.
Xandros
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was guilded on Saturday and left Sunday for a week long business trip. On Saturday I logged in to find both my characters in factions, I don't think I was being unreasonable to be surprised by that. You guys voted as a group which makes sense and I understand that it's your right to do so. I don't think what I said as in kicking my characters out before you joined factions is too much to ask.

Your opinions about Fel are yours, as are mine but they are just that - opinions - not facts.

Anyway good luck with your group
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Factions was always a bad idea in my opinion. It alienated people who werent into pvp. Rp is always choice one. Joining factions so the pvpers have something to do when they arent pvping is just silly. Getting sweet factions arties is never worth it. Plus did you join CoM? And what is your rp story behind doing it?

Just the musings of a former mayor. But remember, i was awesome.
Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we joined CoM and since they redid magincia the CoM base is now off the south end of Moonglow fel near the teles so it fits into our rp nicely..And only 1 person has quit because of it so, although I personally was glad to see Xandros join us and tried my best to get him to stay, it hasn't had any negative impact and has actually brought some energy to the militia.
Ralph
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the block of text or if this will offend your sensibilities but here's the truth of the matter.

Long time lurker first time member of arpc I suppose. I've been playing with arpc off and on ever since ctad back in samurai empire days. Anyway, Take it from someone who has spent more time in fel yew than you have probably spent in game. Yew is barely considered legitimate pvp.theres nothing wrong with it but you could have taken the opportunity to learn how to actually pvp instead of dying 2 times and quitting ( i saw you as i was fighting 2-3 people and watched u run out oblivious and die) Its fine if you want to sit on a blue there and gank the occasional red with your 8 closest friends, but unless your on a faction character or red your doing it wrong. It's like calling a wyvern an ancient worm. -Cow, 1v1, nvus etc. As for the decision to go factiosn we had been discussing it for about a week with members and made sure that all the active ones were fine withn it befrore we voted, then we waited 3 more days before joining to make sure noone would ahve issue or be unprepared. Historically many arpc guilds (zog etc) have long been faction affiliated and this was an effective way to gear up and train several of our newer players in anticipation of the upcoming fight also we as a guild have been fighting oranges there so it is not merely for armor. If you find your not up to faction fighting that is your issue not moonglow's (you could also always bring other characters?) and your only limiting yourself. The majority of our guild ahs had no idsues with this decision and as someone who spent a total of 1-2 days its sad that you left but not a real loss I am not sure why you wrote a negative post criticizing us or calling it opinion that sitting on a blue is not really pvp.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who took their guild into factions -BEFORE- l33t arties were ever introduced, here's my take on it:

It's a guild decision. It seems as if MTC took the proper precautions before jumping right into it, and that's bringing the vote to the guild. Some people might not have been there, and that's not the fault of the guild or the members who were not present.

Faction -can- offer a lot of fun, even for an RP guild. Some of the fondest memories I have within the RP community was sitting in Castle British with 5-6 other Legion members and one ALV member. Three of us pretty solid PvPers, the rest not. I believe it was myself, Brianha, Alessandra, Mave, and Darmug. Max was there as well, representing ALV (who also went factions). All throughout the night, we RP'd and fought off invaders. When combat would end, the non-combatants would run out and gather supplies for us (bandages, food, and of course ale).

Everyone loved it; PvPers and non-PvPers alike.

What I'm trying to say here is, factions is what -YOU- make of it. Take nothing at face value. If you can develop it to be fun and enjoyable in both a PvP and RP aspect for your guild, by all means do it.

As for Fel Yew PvP:

Take it from someone who PvP'd extensively in their time on Atlantic: Fel Yew is a cesspool. Sure, it is PvP, but it's by no mean competitive or challenging. It's a game of mechanics. Reds hide in their houses, blues hide in guard zone. If you really want competitive and challenging PvP, you'll have neither of those.
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph thanks for the response, we don't agree which is fine. You have more opinions you state like facts which is your prerogative, I'm not sure what drives you to tell people how they play a game is wrong but again your opinion.

Last edited by Xandros on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xandros
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Acheron thanks you were great explaining the reasoning and talking to me in game take care good luck.
Ralph
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to attack you but your circular logic has sort of annoyed me tbh. It is my opinion that evolution is real, which is by the way a fact.If you believe otherwise, it does not make your opinion equally valid. Someone may choose to believe the advice of a natural healer over a doctor and that is the same situation. I am nowhere near the best pver ever but w.e. Anyway, NO serious pvper (don't consider arlington one) i have ever talked to, considers sitting in safety at yew gate waiting to gank someone as anything close to what fel has to offer. I've pvp'd for well over 10 years off and on and have far more than enough in terms of observations and conversations with others to state this . To say, I dont want to be limited by trammel, as though you were better than those rpers who choose to stay there, yet not be willing to go factions or red to get pvp experience is silly. There nothing wrong with it if you like it. I've certainly sat at yew gate before but its boring etc. not being able to sit there in safety and instead being at least forced to fight the people you went there to gank, is hardly a loss. And just because you believe that a lizardman is the hardest thing in the game it doesn't make it true( though i suppose your opinion can be false if that's your point). Tatiana hangs out at yew gate where she can't be attacked and is nice enough to leave repair deeds when she is there etc. and you just want to banksit at the gate and call it something different (which was my point). . Your calling fact opinion is merely a logical fallacy and there isn't much more to say about it. Besides, If your at yew gate looking to fight sot hat your not limited to only being in trammel, you should be prepared to be ganked in all honesty. If not, why would you go to somewhere where you intend to attack people and complain about them being able to attack you?
Narcissa
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
Sorry for the block of text or if this will offend your sensibilities but here's the truth of the matter.

Long time lurker first time member of arpc I suppose. I've been playing with arpc off and on ever since ctad back in samurai empire days. Anyway, Take it from someone who has spent more time in fel yew than you have probably spent in game. Yew is barely considered legitimate pvp.theres nothing wrong with it but you could have taken the opportunity to learn how to actually pvp instead of dying 2 times and quitting ( i saw you as i was fighting 2-3 people and watched u run out oblivious and die) Its fine if you want to sit on a blue there and gank the occasional red with your 8 closest friends, but unless your on a faction character or red your doing it wrong. It's like calling a wyvern an ancient worm. -Cow, 1v1, nvus etc. As for the decision to go factiosn we had been discussing it for about a week with members and made sure that all the active ones were fine withn it befrore we voted, then we waited 3 more days before joining to make sure noone would ahve issue or be unprepared. Historically many arpc guilds (zog etc) have long been faction affiliated and this was an effective way to gear up and train several of our newer players in anticipation of the upcoming fight also we as a guild have been fighting oranges there so it is not merely for armor. If you find your not up to faction fighting that is your issue not moonglow's (you could also always bring other characters?) and your only limiting yourself. The majority of our guild ahs had no idsues with this decision and as someone who spent a total of 1-2 days its sad that you left but not a real loss I am not sure why you wrote a negative post criticizing us or calling it opinion that sitting on a blue is not really pvp.

Just to clear the air, mostly you have valid points but do you mean Zog Cabal or Zog Empire? Because our long running Zog Cabal is fel based but never been in factions.

*tosses her two cents*

That is all.

Thank you.
Xandros
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph I don't pretend to understand 50% of what you wrote but you seem awfully passionate for your point of view so in that light I agree 100% with the 50% I did not get.

Since your way is the only way to play - enjoy
Scipio
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:02 am Post subject: bah.. Reply with quote

The only real pvp was at monglow's sheep pen .I would like to thank Joe for is insurance money ,was able to buy a keep and put 2 kids in the royal britain university.

[img]Hide your woman and your booze The black one is back in town.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Narcissa wrote:

Just to clear the air, mostly you have valid points but do you mean Zog Cabal or Zog Empire? Because our long running Zog Cabal is fel based but never been in factions.

*tosses her two cents*

That is all.

Thank you.

If that guardian faction ever comes through and the current system sucks less..... meuhahah.
ok the meds are in i'm going to sleep.
Text me tomorrow zog girls! two cabal members are coming to visit me for a game of recovery DnD

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Eddard
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 am Post subject: Re: bah.. Reply with quote

Scipio wrote:
The only real pvp was at monglow's sheep pen .I would like to thank Joe for is insurance money ,was able to buy a keep and put 2 kids in the royal britain university.

Scipio when are you going to make your triumphant return?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Moonglow Town Council All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: