Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

About The Dark Order

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order
View previous topic :: View next topic
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 am Post subject: About The Dark Order Reply with quote

The foundation for what we strive for: "Power & Glory in our quest for a united realm under OUR rule. OUR Order. A Dark Order."

We are a brethren of soldiers, brothers & sisters united. We are an Evil Militaristic Order. The only acceptable religion is that of Oblivion. And one that will spread through out the lands that we take.

Achieving Power,..strength, knowledge, wealth, land,... all of those is what we use to help us better spread Order upon these lands. When you are strong, you can destroy the weak. The weak do not deserve to rule. The weak should only live to serve the strong.

When we fight, we fight wishing to one day obtain a glorious death, not to flee from it. When one of our own dies in battle, there are no tears. No grief. It is a time of joy and we celebrate to pay proper tribute to our honored dead. Dying peacefully of old age.....*shakes head sadly*, those are the ones we shed tears for, for they left this world without glory.

We do not bow. No one is our better.
We ARE the Dark Order.

Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"

Last edited by = Imryrr Armunn = on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

((~REposted without permission. Author: Tarothin Armunn (2003)~))

(I dug this up out of the Origins section. The very first post that ever mentioned the Dark Order. For anyone that ever wondered "what was he thinking?", well, there it is. Tarothin, himself, got married shortly after D|O was formed, and thus began creating a dynasty.)

Quote:
Subject: The Dark Order

As I sat on my throne I thought about life as a Sellsword. Is this really fullfilling enough? It seems that something indeed is missing. Why am I waiting for others to pay me to do things? I turned down many job's because I was no assassin, for that is what they asked of me to do. I only took up the old man's cause because of his story and persuassiveness, as well as him making me feel like I was his army to fight his battle.

What am I doing, sitting here as I am now as what some would call a lowly merc? Arlin has returned and it seems that many would go to him for things to be done because of his versitility. I say that because he would do anything for money as I would not. This being so, what jobs would come my way? Regardless of my prowess, it would be better to hire a band willing to do anything then a lone swordsman. So I will leave the life of a sellsword.

The life of a Knight I will pursue for that was always in my heart. I am not born of nobility by far. And no king or lord ever knighted me, Yet why cannot I not be a knight? Am I not more skilled then most with a sword? Do I not live my life by the code of the warrior? Do I not follow Valor and honor?

I self-proclaimed myself a knight, and so shall I re-inforce this now. I am a knight, if not officially in others eyes, but in spirit. Makes me sick thinking about all those pompass a**es in Sanctus. Alan said of me as just a lowly mercenary. A lowly mercenary am I? What gives them the right to feel they stand over me, when I know I can defeat most if not all in combat.

*laughs* I shall create an Order. A Dark Order, and one that will rival this Order of Sanctus. An order of knights without tolerance or mercy. *chuckles* One that might rival the world...

Looks like I will inform the guardians of this keep that we will be having many more visitors.

Niall McStravick
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I actually remember that *laughs*. A very cool time in UO for sure. RP was everywhere! The guild fights with D/O were great. Had a blast with you guys. Thanks for the Memory. Niall still carries his scares from the battles (Missing pinky and a very lovely scare across his face that some Lass placed there, apparently she didn't like being carried like a sack of wheat!)
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The pinky!
haha That brings back memories.
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Added "Theme" song link to the first post on this thread up there.

That's one of like 3 songs I see as a D|O theme, so Enoch and I picked out what we thought was the best. *grins*
I'll add a Dark Order music page at some point and everyone can add their char's songs and stuff because basically I have too much time on my hands and like doing stuff like that because I'm a dork.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: