||Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard
Joined: 30 Dec 2003
Location: Dark Cove, Felucca
|Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm Post subject: Dark Order Laws in land they control/occupy
Dark Order Decrees
Section I: Civil Rights
Citizens only have the right to obey the Lordís and Ladies words and decrees.
Any Dark Order member has the Absolute Right to take any necessary steps to keep order within Dark Order controlled lands.
Any citizen will be rewarded by the Dark Order for bringing to our attention, law breakers.
Section II: The Laws
Article I: Travel Laws
A.) A Travel Tax of 200 gold will be expected of any person not native to Dark Order Lands.
B.) A Fine of 200 gold will be imposed to any citizen of Dark Order Lands that fail to produce papers/evidence of their citizenship.
C.) Any traveler with a ďpetĒ will be required to pay an additional 150 gold pieces.
- Failure to pay will result in an Arrest.
D.) Any known/sworn enemy to the Dark Order will be immediately arrested/killed depending on the nature of their visit.
Article II: Arson
- Any person who burns another's property is guilty of Arson which will result in an Arrest to later on be publicly burned at the stake. Unless otherwise declared to be an accident by a Lord or Lady, in which case the party in question will work off the payment through servitude of the person who owned the property.
Article III: Assault
A.)Any person who strikes or harms another is guilty of assault and will be arrested for a period of time before a public whipping.
B.) If said crime resulted in the maiming of a person, that person will be dealt the same two fold.
C.) If the person assaulted was a member of the Dark Order, they will be executed immediately being already judged in the wrong.
D.) If the person assaulted was a Lord or Lady of the land, they will be immediately executed. Their land and property will be given to the Dark Order and a member of their family that has the most promise is to be bound in servitude as long as they shall live.
Article IV: Murder
A.) Any person who kills another is guilty of murder and will be arrested to then await public execution.
B.) Any person who kills a member of the Dark Order is guilty of murder to the extreme and will be executed immediately. All family members will be put to death publicly to set an example to any others that should have any ill thoughts and their possessions and land will now belong to the Dark Order.
C.) Any Attempt of Assassination on a Lord or Lady of the Dark Order will be immediately executed. Ten random people will be gathered for public execution for that persons crime.
D.) Should a Lord or Lady of the Dark Order be killed, then no mercy will be shown. Every friend and family of the criminal will be rounded up and publicly executed. And the remaining villagers will be given to Oblivion embrace. And all possessions and lands will be forfeit and taken by the Dark Order.
Article V: Theft
A.) The taking of anything owned by a citizen that does not belong to a person by any means will result in an arrest and then later have one of their hands chopped off.
B.) The taking of anything owned by any member of the Dark Order will result in an arrest followed by public execution.
C.) The taking of anything owned by a Noble within the Dark Order will result in execution of the guilty party as well as the forfeiting of all land and possessions to the victim.
Article VI: Perjury
- The Lying or telling falsehoods to a member of the Dark Order will result in an Arrest. Further punishment will depend on the severity of the lie.
Article VII: Disorderly Conduct
- Any person who breaches the public peace or disobeys a member of the Dark Order is guilty of disorderly conduct and will be arrested.
Article VIII: Treason and Mutiny
A.) Any person who attempts the act to overthrow the Dark Order is guilty of Treason and will be arrested to then await public execution as well as any family members that they have.
B.) Any person who attempts the act in rebelling against a higher authority is guilty of mutiny and will be arrested to then await a Lord or Lady of the Dark Orderís sentencing. The most common is public execution.
Article IX: Conspiracy
- any person who assists in the planning, committing or hiding of a crime is guilty of conspiracy to commit the crime and will be punishable the same as committing the crime itself.
Article X: Obstruction
- Any person who does or attempts to interfere with law enforcement will result in their arrest or demise depending on the crime that was committed by the original offender.
Article XI: Resisting Arrest
- Any person who resists any form of arrest will be subjected to be executed immediately. The use of Deadly force will be up to the soldiers at hand.
Article XII: Animals inside Structures
A.) Any person who rides a mountable animal (horses, llamas, dragons, etc.) without prior permission is guilty of riding a mount into a D
ark Order controlled structure and their animal will be put down unless a 200 gold fine is immediately paid for.
B.) Any person that brings a large animal (other than a mount) into a Dark Order controlled structure without prior permission granted will be arrested and their animal put down.
Article XIII: Wearing forbidden articles of clothing
- The only forbidden articles of clothing are symbols of other faiths. Which will then result in an arrest and the said item destroyed. Oblivion is the ONLY tolerated religion.
Article XIV: Use of Magic Spells
- Any and all spells cast upon another with the intent to harm, with the exceptions of being used by Dark Order members will result in an arrest and their fate decided at a later time depending on the severity of the crime.
Article XV: Brandishing a weapon
- Any person who publicly brandishing a weapon in a deemed threatening way in front of a Dark Order Member and will be arrested.
Article XVI: Theft of Live Stock
- Any person who unlawfully takes, kills, or maims another's steed, cattle, or pet is guilty of Theft of livestock will result in an arrest. Who will later have to buy a replacement as well as an extra to be given to the Dark Order for their inconvenience.
Article XVII: Illegal Hunting
- Hunting wild game without a permit on Dark Order controlled lands will result in an arrest. To later have one of their hands cut off as a sign of a thief. A permit costs 500 gold and will only last one day.
Article XVIII: Abandonment
- Any person whom may have the ability to assist, heal, or resurrect a fellow member or citizen of the Dark Order and chooses not to will be Arrested and their fate determined at a later time.
Article XIX: Desertion
- Fleeing battle will be seen as desertion & punishable by death or banishment.
Landholdings and possessions will be automatically given to the Dark Order regardless of spouse or children. Spouse and children will be seized immediately, & are to be shunned (not banished) by all citizens & soldiers.
- ALL deserters and their families will be handled as above.
Article XX: In State of War
- All citizens will serve as citizen-soldiers while under a state of war as additional (secondary) defense of Dark Order lands.
Article XXI: In time of Death
- Marked graves are reserved for only those who have died in honorable battle.
Article XXII: Strength of Community
- All unwed females over the age of 20 are encouraged (but not required) to receive the seed of elderly Dark Order knights and above.
Article XXIII: Religion
- The only acceptable religion to be practiced on Dark Order lands will be that of Oblivion. Those caught practicing another religion will be arrested and await judgment.
Article XXIV: Illegal Speech
A.) Any person that speaks ill will towards the Dark Order will be arrested. Their fate will be decided at a later time depending on content of their words.
B.) Only with a Lord or Lady of the Dark Orderís permission can one post/speak (as in deliver messages to the people)/decree anything within our lands. Due to the constant influx of law breakers on this, the penalty has been changed to immediate execution to any that commits this crime.
Section III: Rights of Offenders in territory controlled by the Dark Order
Law enforcement will be upheld by any member of the Dark Order.
All offenders ARE Guilty if so stated by a Lord or Lady of the Dark Order. There is no appeal to the verdict.
Regardless of circumstance or position, you are to act upon the orders of the nobles. Their word is law.
All other circumstances that arise not noted within the laws will be left to discretion and judgment of the highest ranking officer around.
The time and day or public executions will be named at a later date.
Section IV: Taxes
- ALL citizens of Dark Order lands who do NOT have a direct family member in the Dark Order, are to pay 25% taxes on any/all income or gifts of gold to the Dark Order. Shop owners/skilled tradesmen may choose to give 25% in lue of gold.
- ALL citizens of Dark Order lands who do HAVE a direct family member in the Dark Order, are to pay 10% taxes on any/all income or gifts of gold to the Dark Order. Shop owners/skilled tradesmen may choose to give 10% in lue of gold.
- All Dark Order Military Members with the rank of Soldier or above, are EXEMPT from all taxes.
Taxes will be collected on a MONTHLY basis.
Section V: Marriage/Bonding Laws
- Soldiers will be permitted to marry only after they own land in Dark Order territory or have achieved the rank of Lieutenant or above.
- If not a land owner, the soldier must remain living in a barracks, with the spouse living elsewhere.
- The wife or husband must hail from Dark Order lands or swear fealty, as if a citizen would, to The Dark Order before marriage. And after marriage must move to Dark Order controlled territory.
- Both husband and wife homeowners may negotiate between themselves to bring lovers into the home.
- A Citizen or Soldier may remarry only if after the death of the first spouse, the first spouse deserted the marriage, or if divorced due to failure to produce heirs after 3 years of marriage.
- A Citizen spouse may not abuse, or hinder the abilities of their Dark Order spouse.
Section VI: Offspring/Child Laws
- ALL children, born or adopted, to a Dark Order citizen or Dark Order soldier will belong first to the Dark Order, and belong second to the parents.
- No deformed children will be allowed to live. Any that are will be given to Oblivion's embrace.
- A test of Stamina will be given to all newborns within their first 24 hours of life. To be determined depending on the location of where they are born. If they survive, they will be permitted to live.
- All male children will enter military school as early as 6 years of age, but no later than 7 years of age. Depending on suitability, they will join the ranks upon their 13th, 14th, or 15th birthday.
- Any child born in wedlock will be an eligible heir to his/her father's & mother's possessions & holdings. Upon a divorce or desertion, they will no longer be eligible.
||All times are GMT - 4 Hours
||You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Ultima Online, ORIGIN, and the Ultima Online and ORIGIN logos are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Game content and materials copyright 1997-2020 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved.