Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Records of War

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm Post subject: Records of War Reply with quote

Do we have a place where battles/history is recorded in some meaningful fashion for the community? By "meaningful" I mean in an accurate rather than one that has a particular spin on it. Kind of like the recounting I did of the Second Yew War. There is a lot of real fun history, but it is becoming apparent to me that lots of people have very little concept of all the things and elements of history that exist in this community. I'll probably start putting more "pen to paper" about important battles and historical events, but even with my fairly precise memory there are lots of elements I do not recall and it would be a shame to lose them.

So is there a particular place to store this sort of info once collected on the forums? Or is there a particular "sub-section" of the wiki that is used for history of the community?

Can't we all just get along? No? Excellent.
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Grig.
Hoping you do get the urge to write up more of the history as has been rp'd over the years.

I for one, am wiki-illiterate and would love a sub section on the forum itself with community event history.
Ingame, my characters aren't very well suited to tell the tales. The only one of mine that knows a significant chunk of it, would just confuse the listener. Enoch does a good and diligent job in character of telling the parts of OES history that he knows and loves to anyone willing to listen. It's a little disconcerting when it seems like much of our community's rp history is beginning to fade.
Have any more ideas on how we can all actively help? Especially, those of us cursed with a terrible memory for details?
Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as for methods for making sure the history itself gets recorded correctly, I could probably just make threads on particular events and give a general overview and then have people give in relevant causes and details about the event. For example, I remember the Luna Wards between the Dark Order and its allies versus I believe it was Sanctus and House of the Gauntlet and their allies (and Legion of Justice thrown in for fun). I don't perfectly recall why exactly D|O invaded or why various allies were drawn in (besides the Orcs, who just joined up because Tarothin said "ohai orcs wan 2 kill stuv?" to which we responded "yub").
Outside of that, just people proposing their own key events or timelines. I'd want to avoid guild histories, specifically. Those can be told in other ways. In regards to history of important events though, any recommendations and basic details would work.

Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Luna was attacked for a couple reasons. Tarothin just formed the Dark Order as the Anti-Sanctus. And two, what better way to make themselves known then attack the holiest city and remove hope from the light bringers?

We almost did it too!!!!

Crying or Very sad
Molly

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And as the defenders of truth justice and the virtues ways we stood against them and won the day in the house of doors. Yay Talon!
Twisted Evil
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU

Last edited by Molly on Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jolicia
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OPG was involved in that too... and that's when Legion of Justice first showed up. If I remember right the started out on the Dark Order side and then switched.
Camuel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

How far back were you thinking of going? There were some good wars back when the ARPC had the protectorate, not sure exactly when they quit existing but they were around for a long time. As for what has happened over the last three years I would love to have some place to go and read about it without having to sort threw all the vaius forum posts, and trying to put it together. It would be nice to have both sides point of view as well.

Camuel
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a timeline I was working on a few years back. It could use some updating, but it has some events of a few years. Ones I knew of, anyway. I was trying to keep track of the history of our land.

The rest I know of I have to consolidate into one place, it is spread across My Folder in the various forms of notepad, journal log and screenshots.

I started this history tracking project when I formed Umbra, but life became busy and it got put aside. Perhaps I will take it up again.

Here is what I had when I was working on it actively. The following events took place in the respective year:

Hidden: 
2007 (under construction)

*Lord Kotare mysteriously returns from the dead.

*Sanctus declares war on Umbra.

*Luna declares war on Umbra.

2006 (under construction)

*Stormreaver Orc sightings.

*Molly Kaldhel gives birth.

*Saidhe Skyfire gives birth to twins, boy and girl.

*Molly Willow marries Will Kaldhel in Nujel'm Palace garden, Tram.

*Talon Skyfire marries Saidhe the Pixie.

*Civil war occurs over the control of Moonglow.

*Trial of William for his ordered attack on Skara. He is found guilty and a light sentence commanded.

*Several occurrences of attacks and many times body parts are left strewn in various places.

*Reports of a new presence of control in Umbra.

*Empress Rryn and Emporer Tai go their separate ways, dividing the islands of Tokuno.

*Lady Molly is frozen by an unknown enchantment.

*Attack on Queen Wicked Rose, supposedly by a follower of Demon God Oggaroth.

*Arrest by Isk of Priest of Oggaroth.

*Due to an error in communication, the Priest of Oggaroth is set free.

*Ghost becoming sighted at various times, some think it resembles the Late Lord Kotare.

*Ritual combining the Virtues and Druids' beliefs performed to free Molly from her frozen sleep.

*Moonglow Town Council sets fire to Hanse's Hostel, and open war between Sanctus and the Council begins. It is a short war, which has led to unrest in Sanctus and her Allies.

*Arrest of Lord Isk of Magincia, based on suspicion of an attack on the Regent.

*House of Spawn and House McStravick break off from Sanctus and form their own houses.

*Lady Ishtar kidnapped, later turns up with Keldril.

*House Isk breaks off from Regency.

*Ishtar returned in exchange for warrants dropped and a replica of the crown of HRA.

*Spawn dies while attempting to cast Armageddon.

*Spawn alive again, due to a spell cast by Ishtar.

*Porthos elected Regent, as Lia steps down.

2005 (under construction)

*Dark Order dissolves.

*Civil war occurs over the control of Nujel'm.

*Order of the Ebon Skull seemingly dissolves.

*Stormreaver Orc Clan seemingly dissolves after the death of the last remaining orc, Grig'nag da Mojo.

*Grig'nag da Mojo dies.

*Lord Kotare dies.

2004 (under construction)

*A black mist covers Dark Cove, killing all it touches and transforming them into shadow wraiths. The area is almost completely abandoned.

Last edited by Ceinwyn ab'Arawn on Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually legion of justice was never on Dark Order side. They started off on Tiffany Case's side.
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Camuel wrote:
How far back were you thinking of going? There were some good wars back when the ARPC had the protectorate, not sure exactly when they quit existing but they were around for a long time. As for what has happened over the last three years I would love to have some place to go and read about it without having to sort threw all the vaius forum posts, and trying to put it together. It would be nice to have both sides point of view as well.

Camuel

As far back as we can. I wasn't around (at least in the Atlantic community) to remember the years before mid-2001, so i'd love it if someone during that time would have more to give. A lot of info on that era I actually draw from a post made by Greypawn awhile back and will probably include it in whatever we make here.

Tarothin Armunn wrote:
Actually legion of justice was never on Dark Order side. They started off on Tiffany Case's side.

Yah, but don't tell that to Vaen. He regrets that era of his RP life. Or at least that particular allegiance.

EDIT: And that list will be quite useful, Ceinwyn. It would be good for use your list there and then hyperlink it with all the full detailed posts/wikipages as we collect them. That could be the "center point"/general timeline with specifics coming off of it.

Camuel
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to Skatha. I'm hoping she is still around, last i heard she was in a guild with poet. If I remember correctly she was in the first court of the regency and always had some great stories of way back when.
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently getting info from Beleth on th Battle of Britain. Will put up a thread on that event once I get the info. Also getting more info from Grishnak on the first Yew war and will put up a thread on that as well.

Camuel:
Does Skatha check the boards or have some way he/she/it can be contacted? As I don't consider the Regency a guild but rather a sort of gathering i'd be interested in cataloguing it as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: