Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

My New Homes

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:49 am Post subject: My New Homes Reply with quote

So I've been on Atlantic for about a month. I really love it so far. I thought you folks might be interested in learning more about my character especially since he is such a private person and there will be much that you will never be able to know about him in any in character means. A very important part of Dante's character is how and where he lives. One thing I like to do with my house is make them a sort of a living thing that is subject to change from outside me. I do part of this by utilizing Purple books on the floors of my houses. These are to be considered OOC but offer further physical description without giving away too much back story about the location. These should act in a similar way the profile scroll on your paper doll. One added function is changes can be made by simply visiting the house and noting what changes have been made then messaging me in some way to let me know changes have happened. I can then make those changes to my house if they are reasonable. Please think of in character reasons to NOT simply burn down my house. Also the descriptions listed below are currently listed in these Purple books.

So without further ado here are the homes Dante uses with some description of how they are used.

The first home Dante uses is still not yet named. I've been thinking a few things like 'Dark Side of the Moon', 'Moonlight', 'House of the Rising Moon'. Nothing is really sticking for me though I am sure I want something to do with Moon in the title as it is next to a hole in the land shaped like a crescent moon. Dante does not intend to keep this location a secret though there are a few secrets about the home. Basically the idea is that it is an old home sitting atop of a rocky hill with a small mine below.

Exterior
An old house of a classic style that sits atop a rocky hill. What appears to be an old mine shaft has been fitted with large doors. Just a little further up the hill is the main door for the home. As a later additions second floor was added onto the house and a set of stairs leads up to the second floor entrance.

Mine shaft Workshop
The mine shaft has been retrofitted into a stable on the East side of the shaft. On the west side of the shaft are two large sets of doors.

The workshop appears to have once been the main chamber miners would gather in and smelt their ores. The forge looks very old and the scorch marks on the walls indicate that this forge was once heavily used.

Mine shaft storeroom
A long corridor lined with shelves. The shelves are filled with all manner of resources and parts and pieces to make just about anything one can imagine.

Mine shaft weaver's workshop
A fair sized room with a large loom for weaving cloth. It looks rarely used.

Mine shaft fountain
A simple marble fountain in a relatively dirty chamber. A set of stair rise to the floor above.

Secret passage
A secret passage with a hidden door that opens to the great hall kitchen and servants quarters. A set of stairs leads to the floor above and s set drops to the mine shafts below.

The Great Hall
A large dining table that's always set with gold plates and goblets. The silverware is also made of gold. The table is made of dark granite that has been highly polished. The chairs are made in the Vesper style and have cushions lined with a silk of deep red. On the walls are hung various paintings tapestries and skillfully hand drawn maps of distant lands. On the East wall is an entrance to a small galley style kitchen. On the West wall are two sets of double door leading to guest bed rooms and on single door leading to the Servants' quarters.

Guest room one
The larger of the two guest rooms. The walls are made of exposed field stone and would appear to be a rustic room if it were not for the large silken sheet bed or fine artwork on the walls. The windows are made of stained glass that lets in very little natural light. The design on the windows appear to be in a rose motif. The majority of the light in the room comes from two lanterns sitting on the night stand on either side of the bed.

Guest room two
The smaller of the two guest rooms. The walls are made of exposed field stone and would appear to be a rustic room if it were not for the large silken sheet bed or fine artwork on the walls. The majority of the light in the room comes from two lanterns sitting on the night stand on either side of the bed.

Servants' Quarters
Two sets of bunk beds line the West wall. Along the North wall are wall lockers for each of the servants. Next to the wall locker is a small writing table and chair. The furniture is very plain.

Kitchen Galley
A small galley kitchen that is still quite functional. A large cabinet that hold dishes and spices is on the small South wall next to a small oven. On the West wall is a small counter top with a sink. There are usually a few dirty dishes waiting to be cleaned. On the North wall is a large flour mill.

Gallery
There are several glass display cases filled with gems the size a fist. Within the gems are tiny globes. In the center of the room is a life sized status of a Minotaur. Along the walls throughout the room are several paintings tapestries and hand drawn maps. A music box is usually playing a tune. Along the West walls are two sets of doors. One set leads to the master bedroom and the other leads to the wash room.

Washroom
A large marble tub fills most of the room. Off to the North wall is a massage table. In the Northwest corner of the room is a vanity. Within the drawers are all manner of perfumes and fragrances. The room is always very clean.

Master bedroom
A large bed is in the center of the room and is usually unmade. All manner of clothes litter the floor of the room. Bottles and goblets of wine rest on nearly every surface in the room. In the south end of the room are several unfinished paintings on the floor next to two sets of easels. On the North wall of the room is a long table with various trinkets. There are several mirrors in the room.

Observation deck
Surrounding the roof of the home is a balcony that widens at the Southwest corner of the home. Three benches are lined against the railings. A few plants are planted between them.

The next building is the magical building and the designs will change from time to time. The rooms shown here are mealy repetitive of the rooms to be used for now. The idea of the Spire is that it is a building that Dante can quickly magically construct and it serves any purpose Dante needs it for. Dante has erected similar Spire on nearly all of the other Shards he has visited. The description below will describe as it is being used now however many more rooms exist though they're just not in the game at the moment. Part of this can be explained as none of these rooms actually exist outside of the Shards. Dante often uses the Spire to travel between the Shards.

The Spire
A tall circular building that rises well above the canopy of the jungle. The bricks are made of a polished volcanic rock. A tall pair of doors appears to be the only entrance.

Entry chamber
Upon entering the room it seems longer than what would be allowed from the outside. On the right of the room are many thick iron doors. On the left of the room are several stalls to house large beasts. The water looks clean and the hay is fresh. The stalls are swept.

Torture Chamber
One large table is in the center of the room. It is usually covered in body parts and the tool used to sever those body parts. On the left wall are two smaller tables with more body parts. The floor is littered with bones and other organs. On the back wall are two cells. One is empty and clean. The other appears to have a young woman covered in blood and another body that has been horribly mangled. Another door blocks a short corridor with a single heavy iron door. Behind that second door is an endless corridor meant to torture those trapped within.

The Meditation Chamber
The meditation chamber is proof that the rooms within the Spire exist outside of normal physics as all that can be seen are endless stars. Those within the room can move about the ether of the room however they can imagine. The only landmark of this abyss is a blood soaked pentagram. One can leave the room if it can even be called that by willing it. Also if one is quite enough one can hear all manner of conversations in the world beyond the chamber.

Throne room
The room is filled with gold coins treasures and trophies line the walls. Along the walls are couches made of bones. At the end of free hall is a large throne made of bone. Braziers illuminate the room from the vaulted ceiling. Also hanging from the ceiling are several banners depicting the Guardians' Virtues that look absolutely ancient. The virtues being; sobriety, punctuality, obedience, vigilance, conformity, efficiency, silence and, diligence. In the center of the floor is a pool of blood that has formed in the shape of a pentagram. The blood appears to be flowing from an ankh positioned halfway down the long room.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cerys ab'Amudosa
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely going to come back and read this thread a second time, when I am more awake.

I am a sucker for great architecture and original decorating ideas. I tend to ride around just looking at houses. I love the idea of books on the floor that add a bit of RP to the room. I don't know if I ever would have thought of that on my own, but I do tend to put books in front of paintings and tapestries and things that tell what is in them, who made them, etc. I love your star room, it reminds me of the star room we can't go to anymore.

Awesome that you made this thread. I'll be back.

Edited to add- and these days, you can dye the books to match the floor. I love the new things in UO.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Lovely job!

I love original concepts.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the coolest rubbish I have ever seen

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Cat Lyxen
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that it's neat and tidy and there are no tails in the torture chamber!
'I'll end with an edit to Ditto's post since she obviously doesn't grasp the man code.......................having your sister entertained by another gentleman gives you clearance to entertain their sister without retribution while taking care of mom leads to a blood fued which can only end in death" Gnarlug
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: