Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Life, Love, and Liberty

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Deminatza
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 pm Post subject: Life, Love, and Liberty Reply with quote

She read and re-read the letter as her heart sank.

"...my worst fears are now justified. I am convinced he is in league with the Elder..." This cannot be true.

Her eyes traveled down the page, settling on the sentence "...Come rested, for we must travel. Tell no one, not even Scar...." Always running, for the first time I found a place I could call home, yet he still manages to find me, how?

Deminatza made a promise to her betrothed, and she would ne'er betray him. After seeing just how haggard he was when they met at the academy, Deminatza knew she would never make Scar go through that ordeal ever again. Sirrico, her father, did everything he could to keep his daughter from the clutches of that man, even died doing so. His death, Demi vowed, would not be in vain. Her mind made up, she moved to her desked and scribed a letter.

Father Balzar,

I know tis better to ask forgiveness than permission, hence the reason for this missive. I will not return to the abbey as you advise. I thank you deeply for your guidance and wisdom, the many months that I have remained under your wing and protection. But this is something I must do. I cannot put your life in jeopardy if what you say is true. Forgive me, Father, for I shall not be traveling, but know that I will be safe, you need not worry. Be well.

*~*~Deminatza~*~*

She stepped out of her tent and handed the letter to the courier. "Please send this to Father Balzar. There is no sense of urgency, but ensure he receives it." The courier bowed and accepted payment, then headed to a nearby town for food and shelter for the night. He promised to make the journey on the morrow, which was enough time for Deminatza.

The healer pushed aside the tent flap and once again, sat at her make shift desk to write yet another letter.

Beloved,

There is not much I could say here other than I miss you dearly. Do you remember the time when you had asked for my hand from my father at the shrine? My heart froze waiting for his response and the look of anticipation on your face caught my breath. Twas a moment I would ne'er forget when he said "aye". Would it not be perfect if we could be there again, and fly, like two doves, into the midnight sky? I love you.

All my love,
*~*~Deminatza~*~*

She folded the letter then stepped out her tent. Deminatza found the perfect person, a teenage boy whom she tended to. He had received an arrow in the shoulder, thankfully the arrowhead was not imbedded in his bone, it went cleanly through.

"Leif, I have a task for you, are you well enough to travel?"
"Of course mistress, what do you require of me?"
"I need you to send this message, and it is imperative you give it to no one but to whom it is addressed to." She offered the note, and he took it reading the words "To my love my life" scribed across the front and he nodded.
"Good. Take this and ask for either the headmaster or the woman who wears blue and orange. They will know whom its meant for, and they will send him word to receive it." Demi handed him two runes, one marked Village and the other one Academy, along with two magical scrolls.
"Do you know how to use these items?"
"I think so mistress, but please refresh my memory."
"You hold the rune in one hand, and recite the words from one of the scrolls and it shall bring you to your destination. But ensure you have the Academy rune first so you may arrive there. The other one shall lead you back home. Do you understand?" He nodded and she smiled. "Wonderful, now please hurry, so you can be back by supper. We are having your favorite, rabbit stew" The boyish grin on his face told her he would never miss supper. He clenched tightly to the Academy rune and recited the words slowly as to not mispronounce the words and vanished.

Quickly, Demi dove into her tent and grabbed only the essential items and her emergency bag for when she needed to leave post haste just like her father taught, all the while praying Scaramandine would understand her letter.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar took the letter from the courier and paid him generously, declining to ply him with questions about the letter or Deminatza. After reading it, he penned a short reply for the messenger to take back to her.

"My love,

I shall await you there. Come when you are ready.

Forever yours,
Scar"

After the man left, he packed a few necessities and hastily made his way to the shrine to await the arrival of his beloved. He vowed to remain as long as it took for her to come to him there.
Balzar
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Balzar made occasional visits to the Abbey incognito. One of his pupils maintained contact with him, collecting his correspondence to get to him. They met in a small room to make the transactions.

"Father, here is your mail. There is a letter from Deminatza in it."

Balzar lowered the hood of his cloak and grabbed the letter, quickly tearing into it. His features, normally displaying a confident cheerfulness, devolved into a depressive scowl after he read it.

The pupil noticed the sudden alteration. "What's wrong, Father? Is it bad?"

Balzar shook his head, folded the letter and put it into his pocket. "No, tis all right brother Jason. Did you obtain the name of the courier from her?"

Jason nodded. "I did as you asked, Father. He told me he would wait here for a few days to return to her with your reply. I think he is still here."

"Good my son. I shall write back to her and you will give it to him. I shall return in a few days to see if she has responded."

"As you wish, Father."

Seating himself at a table, Balzar found a pen and parchment and composed a letter:

"Dearest and Favored child,

You must do as you think best, of course, but please mind my words. It is vitally necessary that you keep me apprised of your general location so that I may send someone, or come myself, to administer the tonic which you need. I fear without it, you will begin again to have the dreams and may suffer emotional pain from them. Please allow me to help you. I will not forgive myself if anything untoward happened as a result of my allowing you to go your own way. I have a vow to your father to keep. I beg you not to frustrate my attempts to keep it. You know, too, that I care for you deeply, as my own child. Grant me this boon, to know where you are so that I may tend to you.

With fatherly concern,
Father Balzar"

He sealed it and gave it to Jason to give to the courier after he had departed the Abbey. With some difficulty, he managed to elude the spies he knew to be agents of Thraxas looking for him and returned to his current sanctuary.
Deminatza
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Deminatza had just finished gathering her things when the voice of Leif called out to her just beyond the opening of the tent flap.

"Mistress, I have the reply to your letter," he whispered quietly.

She pushed the flap aside and stepped into the now evening air. The young man handed her the letter and Demi smiled in response.

"Thank you Leif, I appreciate your help. Supper is ready, your family waits for you at the campfire." He nodded then left her alone as she hurriedly tore open the letter.

Her heart soared as her she reread the letter. He understood, that's all that mattered. On quiet yet quick feet, she entered the tent, grabbed her belongings then set forth to the place she and her beloved would meet. As she drew near to her destination, she paused a moment thinking she heard a twig snap. The woman in blue gazed down at her feet, and lifted the front of her foot, but saw no twig, only leaves. Perhaps twas only my excitement. Demi resumed her momentum, until she saw the familiar figure she has come to recognize anywhere. Soon, very soon, Scaramandine and Deminatza would flee together in hopes to be far beyond the Elder's reach.

Days later, a rider arrived with a letter for Deminatza. The villagers notified him that she had not been seen for days and that she left without a word to anyone. Jason, the courier, shrugged indifferently at the news. The villagers offered him food and lodging for the night before returning back to the Abbey to notify of the woman's absence.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm Post subject: Only a Dream? Reply with quote

The wolf loped purposefully across the snow-laced tundra, its thick, white, fur billowing in the chilling wind. It had no need for scent, as that which it sought, no prey, had left droplets of blood to mark its passing. Sensing the end of its goal, it slowed, then stopped, raising its head to sniff the air. With a howl, it sped forward, halting suddenly as the blood drops abruptly trailed off. On the ground before it lay a solitary rose, blood-stained, but fresh. A whispered name echoed from places far away by she whom he loved... "Scar..." One final, forlorn, howl, rose from deep within its soul.

Scar awoke from the dream, the nightmare, and sat up. It was near nightfall. The Shrine of Sacrifice, where he had been staying for many days, stood nearby, festooned with flowers and mementos of those who honored their beloved dead. Standing, he fastened on his cloak, steadied itself, and brushed back his long raven-black hair.

He heard the galloping horse long before he saw it racing toward him through the darkening forest to the south. A glimpse of deep blue clothing hinted at its rider's identity... his love, his life, Deminatza.

He raced to meet her, but as he did a shadow fell between them... only momentary, but long enough to stop him in his tracks lest he trip over a log or blunder into a tree.

When it merged with the encroaching twilight, she was gone.

Had he imagined it... was what he'd seen only a mirage or an unwanted gift of being half asleep? The urge to assume his wolf-from to hunt for any trace of her was overwhelming, and he succumbed to it...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: