Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

- D|O REFERENCE LIBRARY -

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order
View previous topic :: View next topic
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am Post subject: - D|O REFERENCE LIBRARY - Reply with quote

(( The following posts will be a more in-depth look into several different aspects of the Dark Order. Society, Religion, History, Law, etc.
This is in no way a "must-read" section to recruits or anyone else for that matter. It's more of a supplemental guide to help enhance roleplay.
Topics will be written in IC, OOC, or semi-RP way as a few items were written years ago in old D|O boards in different section types.
This is a No Comment/Reply thread just to keep it tidy, but if you'd like to comment or ask a question you can do so by making a new topic/thread in the Dark Order section. Replies made in this thread will be deleted. I'll lock the thread as I work on things but sometimes it might be unlocked if I'm working on something new or if I forget to lock it.
Thanks! ))
Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"
= Imryrr Armunn =
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

- FOUR LEVELS OF PEOPLE IN DARK ORDER SOCIETY -

I. Ruling Class ("The Rightful Citizens")
D|O Soldiers, their spouse, their offspring.
Full freedom. Full rights. Buy/Sell freely. Free travel, but should consider any travel alerts given for their own safety. They do not bow to anyone. Family members of a soldier fall under the responsibility of that soldier. Their actions reflect greatly upon the soldier. Marry well & carefully, brethren.
(Players only)

II. Free Citizens (Oppressed)
Merchants, Teachers, Skilled Laborers, and their spouse & offspring.
Those who live under total Dark Order control. They retain their personal freedom & property. Are not permitted to own anything outside their own home or business. Are free to travel across borders, but must follow any/all Travel Alerts. Are free to do business with outsiders, however if they do business w/ those the D|O frowns upon, they might find their business or home burned to the ground as a warning. If they do business with "declared" enemy, they will face Treason charges, their house & business burned or given away. They do not bow to anyone.
(Players & NPCs inside buildings)

III. Helots/"Captured Citizens" (Heavily Oppressed)
These people live a life in between slavery & freedom because they are not the property of individuals but rather slaves belonging to the whole community. They are permitted a "family life" & expected to produce children. Their homes are owned by True Citizens & labor for them. They are the common, unskilled laborers of the society. (hard laborers, farmers, low grade house servants, etc) Are not permitted to own land. Are not permitted to travel outside D|O borders without express permission. Subject to Experimentation if/when the need arises. Those who volunteer for experimentation on their own, when asked for volunteers, may choose a single family member to raise to the rank of Free Citizen.
(Players & NPCs outside buildings)

IV. Slaves (**)
Despite popular belief otherwise, actual slaves are rare in Dark Order society. Due, in part, by the repeated appeals of Lady Ditto Armunn.
Actual Slaves are owned by an individual of the Ruling Class only. (see **note below)
Some citizens are put into a state of slavery for a temporary time as punishment. (i.e, mine workers).

**According to an old Law, verbally announced by Lord Tarothin Armunn years ago, slaves are not permitted in Dark Order lands except as a punishment of some crime and then only temporary or able to work their way back to freedom in some form. However, after the Time of Darkness, Lord Tarothin seemed to have rescinded that declaration somewhat though no details were ever given. His current views on slavery have yet to be declared publicly. In effect, if you own an actual slave, do not advertise the fact in such a way that it would reach Lady Ditto Armunn's notice, if you wish to keep it.
(Players)
Hawk/ICQ#: 617689603
Enoch: "now I'm gonna have to make up some lich version of poo"
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: