Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Vow of Silence Broken

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm Post subject: A Vow of Silence Broken Reply with quote

Her room was in shambles. Bookcases that had been overturned, their contents askew. Windows were broken and spider webbed with cracks. Numerous holes were in the walls that had been implemented from her mace. She sat in her destruction with nothing else to distract her, she finally began to feel the pain.

Her arm tinged healthily and constantly as it continued to heal her previous burns. Everyone had told her it was normal. A good sign even. Iris wondered if she'd set them on fire if they'd still feel the same. The sensation in her arm was no more than a minor annoyance. The true pain grappled at her heart. When Iris had acquired her burns, her guardian bird Darkness, had taken the brunt of her damage. In an effort to save the people in the tavern and the tavern itself, Iris came to the rescue. She had been able to get everyone out and discouraged the flames. Though not with out heavy damage. She thought herself invincible with Darkness. She never took into account that her bird was mortal.

In an effort to help her, her mother, obtained a vial from Nightshade, the girl's own grandmother. The vial's contents instantly turned the bird to stone. Iris could say nothing. She had only sank to her knees and place her hand upon the bird. Tears rolled her face in an endless stream as she reached out to feel the bare spots where the feathers were signed off the bird's flesh previously. The statue had taken on a perfect form, as if it was carved by an expert mason.

“we can keep in the garden until we find a cure. He wasn't healing properly. This is the best way” Willow tried to explain to her daughter as she walked out of the room. Iris scarcely remembered anything from there. When she came to, her room had been destroyed, with the destruction about her.

She no longer desired to be in the house and escaped through her window, as she had done numerous times before. Upon her landing, the rose bush impeded her progress as it ensnared her and embedded its teeth into her flesh. Iris had to cut herself free. Small trails of blood traced themselves along her hand for the first time in a while. The sight of the blood and the cuts in her hand surprised her, it had been some time since she had been marred. She didn't bother wrapping it as she made her way to the tavern.

When she arrived at the Tavern, she witnessed her sister's dealing with an unruly pack horse.
“Listen Jelly Bear number I can't remember, I'm here to see my sister. You have to leave now, horses aren't allowed in the tavern, even if they are serving patrons!”

This caused Iris to laugh as she helped her sister wrangle the horse out. As they closed the door, Thoryne said, “Mom told me that Darkness was hurt, how is he now?” Iris pulled out a notepad and quill and scribbled the words “Dead”. Iris's heart sank back to the soles of her feet as she nodded to a table, in an effort to prevent her tears falling anew.

“Oh I am sorry” She replied, knowing her sister well enough to drop the subject entirely for the time being. Both girls took a seat in the back and spoke of Thoryne's journey and her own healing, when a handsome boy donning a tricorn with gray and blue garb joined them.

“Hello, my name is Bryan”
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The two young girls sat there a moment staring at him. Despite Iris's vow of silence, she doubted very much that she'd be able to speak of her own accord. Thoryne recovered first,

“I'm Thoryne and this is my sister Iris” Iris could only nod..
“Are you both students at the academy here?”
“No, I am not but Iris is.” Thoryne replied. Iris simply nodded her head
“Can you tell me about it? I', from Moonglow but, I was interested in joining the academy. Maybe you could tell me over drinks? I'll buy” The girls nodded as he left for the bar. As soon as he was out of ear shot, both girls giggled.
“He's a cute one isn't he?” Thoryne said. Iris simply nodded and blushed. The two girls looked at each other again and giggled once more. Moments like this were some what rare among the Reaucher sisters, being that they were so different in general. It was strange to have such a normal, common ground. Their giggling abated as he returned to the table.
“One for you”, the first bottle was handed to Thoryne “and one for you” He handed the second bottle to Iris. Iris could feel the heat creeping up in her face. She turned her head looking to her sister to cause a distraction. She tried to use this opportunity to open the bottle she was give. However the bottle cap had already been removed. Thoryne didn't miss a beat, she launched right into the description of the academy. As if she was reading it out of a pamphlet.
In an effort to disguise her blushing, Iris quickly gulped the contents of her bottle. She figured it would be better that Bryan thought her a lush, thank knowing the truth.
As the minute went by, Iris began to feel dizzy and tired. Her limbs began to feel extremely heavy. She laid her head on the table, in an effort to feel better.
“Iris, are you alright?” Thoryne asked from what seemed across the world. Iris shook her head, her vision was getting worse. First everything was a soft blur, then she saw nothing at all. She thought it would be best to stumble into the bedroom inside the tavern. As she stood up, her legs collapsed from beneath her.
“Iris! Was there something wrong with your drink?” Thoryne asked a little more concerned.
Unable to answer, she just stood there swearing that she'll never take a drink of cider again and collapsed to the floor.
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Thoryne Reaucher
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Promise me please! Please!

The boy turned, his blue clothing swirling in the light of the tavern, his dagger held tight against Iris's neck.

I am really sorry about this...he said, but orders are orders...

Please don't let them hurt her.. keep her safe..

The boy paused and turned, I will see that she is kept safe, she wont be hurt.

Thoryne relaxed she was so very scared but at the same time something in his gaze reassured her. It was to late she couldn't stop him and she inched along slowly behind them, hoping for a chance. What fools they had been!

How she had failed her sister, herself. She knew the rules, once you got kidnapped you better get free yourself, cause no one was coming for you.

She turned returning to the tavern, it was there she saw it, Iris's mace. She gripped it in her hand angrily the weight of it straining but she cared little.

********************************************************************************************************************

A few days later...

Thoryne ran wildly towards the gate, her sister was returned but that boy had not kept his promise.

She would find him. Blood in her eyes, she swung the mace wildly as she ran into the night......
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: